“Comfortable rooms, excellent customer service!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Aspire Gettysburg Hotel to your Saves list
Aspire Gettysburg Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2634-A Emmitsburg Road, Gettysburg, PA 17325   |
Ranked #21 of 29 Hotels in Gettysburg
“Comfortable rooms, excellent customer service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had a brief stay at Aspire hotel September 14-15 2013. We bought a voucher from livingsocial.com and planned our discounted overnight stay for the weekend opening ceremonies at the Seminary Ridge Museum to which we donated. We checked in early evening Saturday and went to our room to put luggage away. The room was large with two king size beds and a sleeper sofa. The bathroom was a comfortable size as well. Everything was clean and neat. We didn't spend too much time in the room as we wanted to eat dinner before the ceremonies started at the museum. We returned to our room around 8:30 because i was tired being 37 weeks pregnant.
Around 1:00 I awoke to find my water had broke. After waking my husband, I called the front desk and asked the woman on duty to please call for help. While waiting for an ambulance, hotel security stopped by the room to offer assistance. Once the ambulance arrived, the security officer assured us that if we had left anything in our room after hastily packing, he would contact my husband and hold any item. I delivered my first daughter that night in Gettysburg Hospital. The security guard did give a curtesy call to check on our well being going above and beyond expected customer service. So I want to thank the staff on duty early morning Sunday the 15 for keeping calm and being so efficient and helpful during our brief stay at Aspire.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We had a Living Social Coupon and this was our first visit to Gettysburg and this hotel. We booked a double king room and OMG was it spacious. Our room had a couch, microwave and small fridge. It also had a second sink outside the bathroom, which was great when someone was using the bathroom. The front desk people were extremely nice.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Since my son had been attending Mount Saint Mary's University we have always used this facility. Now that he's working in the area my wife decided to stop off while coming home from our vacation to see him and do the tourist thing in Gettysburg.
We arrived on Thursday evening around 9:30 to be told we were "upgraded" to the Aspire (We always use the Eisenhower Inn). My last visit at his graduation in may was the room needed a redoing as the carpet was worn, some parts of furniture were broken etc.
When we went to the ASPIRE I was told everything was fine, given my key and told we were on the third floor and to take the elevator. WOW did they upgrade us or what?!! This room had 2 King Beds, a writing desk, several lamps, a flat screen HD tv. I was shocked and extremely pleased. I actually contemplated trying another facility since I was not happy in May but because I had always been pleased in the four years we had been going there decided to give it another try. They are making headway at Aspire/Eisenhower. Give them a try.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Attended a reunion here and was pleasantly surprised by the size of the rooms, the friendly and very helpful staff. Check in was swift as was checkout. I needed to use the business center for printing a boarding pass and the computer had been powered down completely, no one knew how to get it back on line. Not a big issue, just had to get a boarding pass at check in at the Harrisburg airport. The formal dinner on Saturday in the restaurant took a long time to be served but the food was done nicely when it did arrive. The shower controls could not find a warm or hot side so a cold shower sufficed. Even when I ran the hot only on the sink the water was at best lukewarm.
The location for those interested in visiting the National Park was excellent. The visitors center is only about a mile and a half away and one does not have to drive through the town to get there. Beware, if going into the town, parking is metered and mostly on street parking so be prepared to walk after one finds a parking spot.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Kendall Park
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

The hotel was very clean and the rooms were huge! Love the double king beds in the room. Location to battlefields and attractions was good - not right downtown with all the hustle and bustle but close enough that it was an easy drive. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Although we did not use the pool, the area seemed nice. The amusement/arcade next door was nice. It broke up the day after sightseeing before dinner. The fitness area was a typical hotel fitness center. Not very large and limited equipment. We did not use it while we were there as our trip was full of activities and didn't leave much time for leisure or working out.

Room Tip: I believe all rooms are double kings with a pull out couch. You can bring the whole family and stay...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Great location for touring battlefields. Only intended to stay. Couple of nights but such good value and location extended to 5 nights.

Rooms are huge and well equipped. Beds are large and comfortable. Fridge and ice making machine are nice touch and the swimming pool is a decent size too.

Continental breakfast for $5 is good value and its nice to have a choice of that or a cooked breakfast (or obviously to eat out for breakfast if you prefer). Worth checking restaurant is ope mid-week though as closed when hotel is quiet I think.

Staff are friendly and engaging. Mark on front desk is good fun and happy to answer questions, make recommendations for restaurants etc.

If you stay on a Saturday can highly recommend http://www.candlelightatchrist.org/ which starts at around 7:30 on steps of church in Gettysburgh we stumbled on it by accident and are so glad we did.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Elmira, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Military reunion at the Aspire. Excellent location for the Gettysburg area. Mark at the front desk was excellent, as were all the staff. Hotel is clean and quite beautiful. Rate was excellent. Staff was very accommodating to our last minute needs. Rooms were tasteful and comfortable. We will stay here again.
The only two small things, no shelves, or places, in the shower to place your shampoo etc... my friend, a Safety/Health type for the Government, found mold on the top shower tiles, he said someone used the wrong type of tiling. We reported this to the staff and they quickly jumped on it. No other negative reports from our groups other rooms, I would put this in perspective because it really is a great place to stay!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Aspire Gettysburg Hotel? Share your experiences!