“Very nice stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 29 hotels in Gettysburg
Pennsylvania
“Very nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

My daughter gave me a coupon for the room. I don't know how much she paid but the room was not expensive. I visited Gettysburg with my granddaughter. The hotel was fine: room very large, clean, good beds, comfortable sleep. Very minor problem with the shower hardware. We were there on a Monday and the Eisenhower Convention Center next door was eerily empty - restaurant closed - and the indoor pool really too cold for comfort. Temperature perhaps good for a lap pool, not for a relaxing dip. Staff was pleasant. A very nice stay. I still can't figure out why they close the name "Aspire" which infers that you haven't reached what you are hoping to!

72 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Manassas, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I used a Social Living voucher for our recent stay at the Aspire. The staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean, the beds big and able to accommodate two adults and two Tweens easily. The pillows were a bit hard. It was helpful to have the microwave and refrigerator. The towels were sturdy and there were plenty of them. I would not recommend the restaurant as it was a bit pricey for fairly ordinary food. However, there is a serviceable deli on the premises which is open 7:30am - 10:00pm. There is a lot of space around the hotel (off street) where kids can run around a get off steam. The amusement park is "ok." It is a bit dated and the equipment is not new. However it was useful for a bit of diversion. But, I wouldn't make it the reason for staying at the hotel. Overall, I was pleased to have clean respectable accommodations that were not outrageously expensive. I would go back again - even without the discount of the Living Social voucher.

Odenton, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

This hotel was pretty basic. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful. Rooms were large, and while it was nice to have two king-sized beds, they were hard and uncomfortable. The shower worked poorly -- the flow from the shower head was spotty. My husband likened the experience to "being spit on by an elephant." That pretty much sums it up. I really liked the location, though. It is not a far drive from the town and really close to the Gettysburg battlefields. Although I usually rate hotels' fitness centers, I did not even look at this one because the opportunity to jog down the road to battlefield in the morning was too enticing. It was a beautiful and peaceful run. If they could fix the mattresses and the shower heads, I would rate this hotel higher, just for the location alone. However, the bed and shower are too essential to the quality of the trip for me, so I probably won't go back to this hotel the next time I go to Gettysburg.

Keene, NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

This place is lovely. Rooms are huge! Two king beds and a pullout sofa. Big bathroom. Room and property is clean and nicely decorated. I'd highly recommend the Aspire. This property is located just past the battlefields. Great location - you can see gorgeous sunsets from the battlefields and a quick jaunt to downtown for food or back to the hotel for relaxing by the pool. I must say the staff is top notch. We were greeted by a front desk employee named, Mark. He made us feel most welcome and had a great sense of humor. His counterpart, Thomas, was also very helpful and put up with us as we tried to coordinate a group picture in front of their work station. We are traveling with two other couples and they made sure our rooms were placed close to each other, as requested. A true gem, great value - will stay here again.

Room Tip: We got a handicapped room - very spacious!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
asheboro NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We stayed at the Aspire Inn august 7 and 8 and i cannot tell you how wonderful we were taken care of! what a delight to have wonderful smiling people behind the desk ready willing and able to help you in any circumstance mostly "Tommy" who put us in our room after Hotels .com did not have a room for us at the hotel we originally booked, then they booked us into the Aspire and we did not have a room when i arrived, but Tommy fixed aLL that after my 8 hour drive from NC
i needed a smile and a pillow and He did all that and then some. His patience while i was on the phone with hotels.com getting my refund before i booked with the Aspire He genuinely was amazing and even ask for the indoor pool to be open past the normal closing time for my son. Wow! he was just amazing!
the Aspire was Amazing! Whenever i plan my next trip to Gettysburg i certainly wont stay anywhere else but the Aspire hands down they are exactly what you need to have after a long day of Gettysburg tours...when i crawled into that bed i swore i was never going to leave it I felt like a queen and want to thank Aspire for giving my son and I that wonderful special feeling of King and queen treatment thank you again!
The Aspire might be one of Gettysburgs best kept secrets!

Room Tip: I did not use service dine with them or use the spa so I will leave those comments blank
Frederick, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Just wanted to say our room at the Aspire was great. My issue was with the pool. I told the check-in clerk several times about the temperature of the water. It was freezing. One person told us they don't heat the pool in the summer. Then someone told us the heater kicks on if it goes below 78. That is way to cold for a supposed to be heated indoor pool. Therefore I was very disappointed in my stay and will not be going back. The pool is not warm enough to enjoy swimming!!! Also the Restaurant was not open the entire we were there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
InnsOfDistinction, Manager at Aspire Gettysburg Hotel, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Laura H,

Thanks for posting your review on TripAdvisor and for telling the world "our room at the Aspire was great." And thanks for staying with us, we certainly appreciate both!

I want you to know that our pool is heated and it's also set to a thermostat, so I am surprised by your comment. Most guests love the comfortable water temperature, sorry you didn't.

Anyway, we do hope you will come back soon...

DRH
North Canton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Great price. Really liked the setting! The options for breakfast were great. Been to Gettysburg six times and always stayed in town, so the ride in seemed just a little inconvenient but don't let that deter you!

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Aspire Gettysburg Hotel? Share your experiences!