“WozWonders” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 29 hotels in Gettysburg
Canonsburg, Pennsylvania
“WozWonders”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I was really impressed by the staff and overall comfort of the hotel. I was very impressed as soon as I arrived by the way I was greeted and welcomed to the hotel by Mark Mulligan night time manager.Right from the getgo Mark knew who I was and treated me and my familyin a very friendly manner. Once again I would recommend a stay at the Aspire to all my family and friends.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
InnsOfDistinction, Manager at Aspire Gettysburg Hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Wozwonders

Thanks for staying with us at the Aspire Gettysburg Hotel and for the great review you posted on TripAdvisor. We appreciate both!

It's great to read that we impressed you with our attention to service, hospitality and the general look and cleanliness of the Aspire Hotel. This is fantastic news!

We hope the rest of your trip to Gettysburg was as delightful as your stay at the Aspire Gettysburg Hotel.

Please come back and see us again...

72 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Rooms were clean and well kept. We stayed in the newer addition of the hotel. The place is huge and spread out! There is a lounge, pool area, snack shop, gift shop, etc. Also a go kart track next to the facility. Breakfast was good but a little on the expensive side (it was a buffet but everything was fresh, if you can eat a lot it is well worth the money!!). All employees were very courteous and helpful. It is right outside of Gettysburg, not even 5 minutes from downtown, and easily accessible.

Room Tip: The rooms in the newer addition are HUGE! We had four adults in one room and we weren't cramped.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We stayed here for a tournament and I thought the hotel was actually pretty nice. The rooms were a little outdated, but it was very clean. The staff was very nice as well. The only thing is the pool and restaurant were in a much older hotel that is attached to the Aspire and it is quite a walk.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I went to Aspire with a group. We were told we would be staying in the Eisenhower and, after reading the reviews on tripadvisor, I was dreading the experience and had very low expectations going into the trip. As it happened, Aspire exceeded my expectations. That's not to say that it was the perfect hotel, but it not that bad... my group joked that it was "bad, but not THAT bad." This seems to be an accurate summary for the hotel.

Here are some things you should know:
-This building and the Eisenhower are connected by an above-ground tunnel. Most attractions (pool, resturant, gym, etc.) are in the Eisenhower. It's fairly easy to get lost in the Eisenhower, so be patient as you learn the ins and outs of the hotel.
-Don't have high expectations... some things are just off. The gym equitment was old and missing pieces. I called the front desk for a toothbrush and was told to buy one in the morning. The automatic wake-up calls aren't all that convenient. The logo makes the hotel look like an airline. If you keep your expectations so-so, you will be pleasantly surprised.
-The location of the hotel was convienent and close to town.
-The pool area is unbearably hot. One of the hotel employees had to stand outside in long black pants and a long black shirt. I don't know know how she didn't pass out.
-As others have probably said, the decor is off. I'm talking unaligned pictures, weirdly-place sofas, and an occasional lack of feng shui... get over it and enjoy the trip.
-While the TVs were semi-outdated, they were functional and offered many channels.
-Our room was clean for the most part, but there were a few weird marks in the sink and other surfaces. The hallways were not vacuumed very well. (Note to manager, the glass doors of the Eisenhower were not clean. This did not make a great first impression).
-While the staff is not always as helpful as they could be (there was especially confusion over billing for the Continental breakfast), they were always courteous and kind.
-Safety is an issue. While walking around the hotel, we discovered several outside doors propped open. This was very concerning to my group.
-The food is fine, but nothing special.

There's a lot of negativity up there, so I'd like to say that it was not a bad experience. The hotel had nice beds (very easy to sleep in) and good features. The staff tried to help as much as they could. It's a bit off, but (as I've said 100 times), if you keep your expectations fairly low you will be pleasantly surprised. I would probably stay again.

Room Tip: Don't just stay in your room... the hotel offers lots of features such as a shop, fitness center...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Easton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

While searching online the day we were planning to stay overnight, we came across this hotel which already had wonderful reviews. After looking at the pictures I figured this hotel was out of my price range. I could not have been more wrong. The price was fantastic and in a great location if you have kids (about 10 minutes from downtown Gettysburg). It is next door to a go-kart track and an awesome arcade. The rooms were immaculate, the front desk clerks were very friendly and helpful (printed out menus of nearby eateries with out even asking them to, all we did was ask for a pizza parlor nearby). Two king size beds and a couch in the room that could have fit another king size bed in it. Overall...... an awesome experience!!! Will stay again without hesitation.

Room Tip: Huge room with two king size beds.
Dear LucasTrips

From your review it was easy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Aspire Gettysburg Hotel. It's great to read such a nice review and to learn that our staff services and hospitality standards exceeded your expectations. Fantastic!

Plus, I was happy to hear that your kids enjoyed the Gettysburg Family Amusement Complex, right next to Aspire Gettysburg Hotel. What fun!

Anyway, I think my 2 favorite comments from your posting are...

1. The price was fantastic and in a great location
2. Overall...... an awesome experience!!! Will stay again without hesitation.

It's reviews like yours that show we have done our job! We look forward to your return!

Derry, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Just returned from 3 day golf trip to Gettysburg. 16 of our group stayed at the Aspire. The free continental breakfast that we were promised consisted of a cup of coffee and a store bought pre packaged muffin. The restuarant was not opened. Most of the Tvs did not workand for the last day and half of our stay there was no hot water. The staff was not apologetic in fact it was more of this is what you get for staying here. Don't be misled by the amenities-the pool, etc exists in teh adjoining hotel.

Room Tip: If you want a good room--go sonewhere else.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
InnsOfDistinction, Manager at Aspire Gettysburg Hotel, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear RayZ90

Thanks for posting your review on TripAdvisor and for selecting the Aspire Gettysburg Hotel. We appreciate both.

We apologize that there was a lack of hot water and less than stellar breakfast offered. Rest assured that this is not acceptable performance for us. Additionally, we are working with the group leader from your golf group to rectify some of the challenges encountered.

The lack of hot water was due to a mechanical failure of one of our boilers from the storms that week. But the new parts have been delivered and installed thus correcting this matter, unfortunately, too late for your group.

In regard to your review of our breakfast, we have upgraded the offerings in our market deli, so when the restaurant is closed our guests will have a suitable continental breakfast as expected. We appreciate your help in improving our guest services!

The TVs in Aspire are 32 inch flat panels and our housekeeping staff checks every one daily before the room is released for a new guest arrival. Nonetheless, we will be checking the rooms in your group block to assure the TVs properly work.

Anyway, I understand your golfing in Gettysburg was fantastic and we look forward to hosting your group again.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

My wife and I have been traveling to Gettysburg for years and thought we would try out the new hotel in Gettysburg.....what a great trip! We just loved the hotel. The staff was extremely helpful and very nice with some great recommendations to some hidden restaurants. (We felt like a local.) It had everything we needed, a comfy king bed with great pillows (which is big for me), fridge, free internet and my morning coffee in the room. We could not have asked for more. We had breakfast in the morning, it was a Continental, just enough to start our day. We took advantage of the free shuttle during our visit to the battlefield, highly recommend. We have found our new hotel for our Gettysburg trips.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Aspire Gettysburg Hotel? Share your experiences!