“a trip to the past.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 9 Dessert in Gettysburg
Cuisines: Dessert
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert
Description: Open Every Day! Located in historic Gettysburg, Pennsylvania on the corner of Baltimore and Middle Street, one block from Lincoln Square, across from the Adams County Courthouse.From traditional, old fashioned candies to local specialties, to new and awesome candies, you'll never lack for something sweeet! Over 1000 types of sweeets, including Pez, Dots, Wax Bottles, Tequila Pops (with worm), Goetz, Sour, Gummies, snacks, like chips, nuts, pretzels, ice cream and donuts, and to wash it all down, a variety of cold drinks from Coca Cola, Pepsi, RC and Moxie in glass bottles to coffee drinks, energy drinks, specialty drinks like Bacon Soda, Cucumber Soda, Buffalo Wing Soda and just plain old water, plus gifts! Magic 8 Balls, Lunchboxes, Pinatas, Pez Sets and Mucho Hello Kitty!
Somerset, Pennsylvania
“a trip to the past.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Sweet is an awsome place, you will find things from your childhood you thought were gone forever,soft drinks from days gone by nehi etc. Candy bars and other sweets form the good old days along with some unusual items, you got to check this place out. it's located on Baltimore street close to the diamond or Licoln square if you prefer.

Visited May 2013

strongstown
“Fun place to shop!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

We stop at this shop on every trip to Gettysburg! The owners are friendly and helpful. There are tons of retro candies, taffy, novelty candies and unique sodas to choose from. I bought some of their fun sodas and gave them as xmas gifts. Everyone had a blast trying "buffalo chicken" and "bacon" flavored sodas! Add this shop to your trip...you will have fun here!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
“For children of all ages!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

My family loves this place. We go quite often. I love all the old fashioned candy. My kids like the new modern candy and we all love checking out the weird and strange candies and sodas. Tons of fun and a nice break from all the history.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Red Lion, Pa
“Brings me back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

We passed this little sweet shop while walking through Gettysburg. They were many old soda bottles in the window that caught my eye.

Inside we found many of our old favorites such as chick o stick and vanilla "slap" taffy. We had a bagful of cool candy for us and the grandkids.

Although they did have some individual taffy and sweets I do not think those looking for homemade candies would be satisfied.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
cindycindyfox, Owner at Sweeet!, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
I'm glad you enjoyed our shop! Yes, we are not a homemade type of candy store, but rather a retro candy store. We regularly refer people to Kilwins down on Steinwehr for handmade candy and they refer people to us for fun, retro candy.

We carry over 1300 types of candy, over 100 types of soda, about 70 types of taffy, a variety of tins with mints, Snow Balls, Tin Toys, Pez, Rubber Duckies, Pinatas, Switchblade Combs, and Lunchboxes.

We specialize in those things you remember as a child, including Kitts Taffy, Wax Bottles, Button Candy, BB Bats, Candy Cigarettes, Bubblegum Cigarettes, Pop Rocks, Chick o Sticks, Zotz, Slo Pokes, Black Cows, 5th Avenue Bars, Abba Zaba, Zagnut, Mary Janes, Crows and on and on.

We also carry new cool stuff, such as World's Largest Gummy Bear and Worm, Toxic Waste, Squeeze Candy, Jelly Bellies and Spray Candy, but my favorite is the Vosge's Haut Chocolat line which includes Bacon Chocolate Bars, but sometimes bacon seems the new chocolate and our bacon soda, bacon jellybeans, bacon candy and bacon lollipops are all the rage.

Otherwise, people enjoy our huge selections of sodas including Moxie, Leninade, Cheerwine, Sasparilla, Root Beer, Cucumber Soda, Nehis, Frosties, Fizzy Lizzies, Butter Beer and on and on!

I highly recommend Kilwins for handmade chocolate and our shop for anything else!
Irwin, Pennsylvania
“my conversation, my business”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Overall they have a very nice selection of candy and moderately priced. My only problem with my whole experience was every time i started talking to my g/f about such and such; employee had to add her two cents. A little help is fine, but please dont think I need your input on every little thing

Visited May 2013
cindycindyfox, Owner at Sweeet!, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
I'm very sorry I misread you and even sorrier that you would lower our rating rather than just tell me to stop talking at the time. We are a small family owned and operated shop and have no employees.

Both my husband and I do enjoy helping and talking with everyone and we try to read how much interaction they want to have. We have thousands of visitors from all over the world, from those who LOVE to talk with us and won't stop to those who ignore us when we greet them and everyone in between. We try to respond in kind, but we can't please everyone all the time.

If you would just have told me to stop talking to you at the time, you would not have heard another peep out of me! We work very hard to provide a five star experience in our shop, including fast service, answering a myriad of questions, doing special orders, keeping over 1300 items in stock, and being open 7 days a week.

Part of working hard is to try to keep our rating up and encourage others to visit our store. So, all I can do at this point is say that I am more than glad to stop talking if asked or to answer any question asked, but I will continue to try to read peeps and match their mood. Come back in and see if I do any better next time!

Thanks! c.