“Excellent! Excellent! Excellent!” 5 of 5 stars

+1 717-334-3774
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Sidney Willoughby Run is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 115 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Route 30
Description: With a focus on simple ingredients, Chef Annis’ menu features small, elegant bites with sophisticated flavor. The menu, inspired by fresh, local ingredients, will change on a daily basis and has been designed to include a variety of small plates rather than the multi-course offerings of sister establishment, Restaurant Sidney in East Berlin.An extensive selection of liquor, beer, wine and cordials invites guests to relax in an urban contemporary atmosphere. The expansive outdoor seating area offers a serene experience with views of the battlefield land preserved by the National Park Service.
Herndon, Virginia
“Excellent! Excellent! Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

My husband and I celebrated his birthday at Sidney Willoughby Run while visiting Gettysburg. The restaurant is housed in what was once the club house of a country club golf course. They have indoor and outdoor seating. The menu features small plates to share using fresh, local ingredients. After we ordered we were served an amuse bouche of a smoked salmon bite. My husband and I shared the Garlic Butter Braised Escargot with Roasted Fingerling Potatoes and Wilted Spinach, Magret of Duck and Foie Gras, and the Macaroni and Cheese with Maryland Blue Crab, accompanied by a wonderful Pinot Noir. For dessert, we had the Dark Chocolate Tart and Strawberry Shortcake. The food was excellent and beautifully plated. Megan, our server , took excellent care of us. Take note that the "small plates" are not that small.

“AMAZING!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

In town for a wedding and my daughter and I were looking for a great place to eat for a couple of "foodies." We had no interest in the tourist traps and wanted fresh, creative and really good food....FOUND IT at Sidney Willoughby Run!! It was some of the best food we have EVER eaten - fresh and expertly prepared and presented! Absolutely loved every bite! Would go back in a heartbeat! HIGHLY recommend if you want a dining experience and culinary delight! (p.s. the waiters didn't wear "period" clothes...)

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Art in dining continues”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Birthday time and where did I want to go? Sidney Willoughby Run of course! The excellence of the food and service have continued since Fall when we were last there. First of all I was delighted to find two of my favorite drinks combined - lemoncello and procecco garnished with a sprig of mint and three red raspberries.

Creamy Kohlrabi soup garnished with very thin slices of red radish and hot peppers was a most delicious way to start the meal followed by the ever delicious mac and cheese with lumps of crab meat, sea scallops on a creamy sauce and a beautiful citrus sauce around the edge and a crispy tuna tempora with miso and veggies. Of course one can't come away without one of the elegant desserts. The Rubarb Pave was sooo good and the chocolate mousse layered with crispy cookies and red raspberries although too pretty to eat, was absolutely out of this world.

The usual friendly and efficient service prevails at Sidney Willoughly Run and the outside seating is comfy with a great view of the former Country Club golf course which is now home to deer and other wildlife.

Bedford, Pennsylvania
“An Oasis in a Tourist Mecca”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Friends and I, here for a five day visit, needed a quiet but good meal to gather our energy for a busy day to come. Sidney Willoughby Run filled the bill perfectly! The meal negan with a small "amuse" provided by the chef of three tiny crackers stacked, Napoleon style with fillings of goat cheese and spinach? The "small plates" we're delicious and enabled us all to try a variety of things. The warm toasted flatbreads with hummus and tzatsiki was delicious .. In fact it was ALL delicious. Service was fast, friendly and expert. We are still talking about it two days later!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Best Restaurant in Gettysburg, No Competition”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

This is, by far and away, the best restaurant in Gettysburg. My fiance and I dined here to celebrate my birthday, and I couldn't have felt happier to be doing so! After every bite of a new dish we looked at each other in amazement. All the food is delicious, artfully prepared and plated, and reasonably priced. I was so happy to find a restaurant of this quality in Gettysburg...what a treat! I felt like I was in a high end restaurant in NYC...one with spacious outdoor dining space overlooking a lovely golf course! I can't wait to have another occasion to celebrate here. Our server was excellent and very knowledgable about the menu. Don't miss Sidney Willoughby Run!