“Awsome” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gettysburg Cupcake Cafe'

Gettysburg Cupcake Cafe'
430 Baltimore Street, Gettysburg, PA
717-334-9909
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 115 restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Dessert, Café, Sandwiches
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dessert
Description: Gettysburg Cupcake Café specializes in delicious cupcakes, along with high quality espresso and coffee drinks. We offer a lunch menu that will include gourmet Panini sandwiches and soup. We pride ourselves on providing a friendly, relaxing atmosphere to make your visit enjoyable. We are located in the heart of historic Gettysburg near the corner of Baltimore Street and Steinwehr Avenue. You can't miss our building. It is the only pink house in in the area. Come in and visit us!
Brandenburg, Kentucky
“Awsome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Cupcakes were very good, took the family into the cupcake café we all got something different and everyone really enjoyed what they got.

Visited October 2013

83% Recommend
centralpa.
“Stopped for dessert”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Had our meal at a local restaurant and after walking decided this would be a great dessert. pumpkin cream cheese cupcake was delicious. My friend had chocolate chip. Very moist great cupcakes.Staff was very helpful, We would definately stop again.Just enough,for a sweet dessert. Loved the icing.They also had a red velvet I will try next time.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“YUM!!! This place makes me happy!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Cupcakes of all sizes and flavors we've never seen before (e.g. peanut butter cup, chocolate chip cookie dough, Madagascar vanilla). Coffee, smoothies, sandwiches, and plain ol' milk to eat in or take out. A staff very patient and accommodating and seating inside and out. Place and bathrooms were very clean. Centrally located within walking distance to major attractions. A great place to refuel before seeing more sights. Our experience was best summed up by this exclamation over heard from a 4-year old patron: "I just love this place. It's sooo pink!".

Visited September 2013
Malvern, Pa
“Cupcakes not all they are made out to be, get cupcakes elsewhere”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Disappointing...

My husband and I tried the Vanilla Bean and Red Velvet.

The cupcakes run on the smaller side so let me start my saying the vanilla bean cupcake had a nice flavoring, what there was of the cupcake itself. There was 3 times more frosting than cupcake, for myself I prefer more cupcake than icing. As for the icing, I agree with other reviewers that is tasted too buttery with a Crisco like consistency.

I read the response from the owner and have to say that while you make your icing a certain way, you should listen to your customers and make some adjustments. I have had cupcake where they were not too sweet yet also were not so plain and buttery with a Crisco consistency.

I believe that is what the other reviewers were saying also.

In addition I had the worst red velvet cupcake and/or cake I have ever ordered.
Red velvet is our favorite and we order red velvet when offered

The cupcake to icing ratio was more to scale on this cupcake. However, the red velvet simply was just bland. I also prefer a sweeter icing, not whipped on all my cupcakes. So I did not care for this cupcake either nor did we care for the icing on this one.

Our friends ordered the death by chocolate I believe and they thought is was barely ok. They too thought the icing had too much of a butter taste and a Crisco consistency.

We will all try a different bakery for cupcakes next time we are in town.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
gettysburgcupcakes, Owner at Gettysburg Cupcake Cafe', responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We would like to address some of your complaints.

We do take our customer feedback very seriously and have made adjustments in the past. We have offered our Swiss Meringue Buttercream from the beginning. As readers of all our reviews will see, many of our customers love it. With that said, we do understand that some people enjoy sweeter icing. For that reason, half of our cupcakes feature sweeter icing. We know one icing will not appeal to all individual. The best we can do is offer our customers a choice and inform them of their options.

As for the size of our cupcakes, they are "standard sized". In fact, our tulip liners allow us to use slightly more batter per cupcake compared to a standard liner you would bake with at home.

We are sorry that you did not enjoy our Red Velvet. It is the first time we have had a complaint about our Red Velvet and we will take it into consideration. However, we would like to clarify sometime to the readers of this review. Our Red Velvet features a traditional cream cheese frosting.
Richmnd, VA
“yum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Delicious moist cupcake, good options of flavors, friendly staff, cute decor. Great location. At first I was skeptical of the "meringue" type frosting, but once they explained that it just was a less sweet icing I tried it....oh my, it was really good.

Visited August 2013

Been to Gettysburg Cupcake Cafe'? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Gettysburg Cupcake Cafe', register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.