Save Saved
You added Federal Pointe Inn, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member to your Saves list
Federal Pointe Inn, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Gettysburg
City of Bradford, England, United Kingdom
“Beautiful!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Exudes class in a period building. Friendly, helpful and courteous staff welcoming on arrival and departure. Luxurious bedroom with beautiful decorations. Clean tidy and very comfortable. Complimentary blueberry scones and a cup of tea the icing on the cake!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

While being a frequent visitor to Gettysburg, I often find myself staying int he chain locations to the south and east of town. On this particular visit however, because it was my bachelor party, I decided on a change of pace and to spend a little more then I usually do. The Federal Pointe Inn cost me an extra $50 a night compared to what I would spend at my usual hotel. That being said, the extra $50 was well worth it. The rooms are stunning and the staff is warm and receptive. We even got to meet the owner who shared a little bit of info about the hotel and the fact that it once was an old school building. I had actually booked two rooms for a party of 5, one standard and one suite. both rooms were great,very clean and comfortable and the bathrooms were also amazing. We did have a incident with a table in one of the rooms, where we accidently broke a leg on the table when we moved it to use the pull out couch provided in the suite. We informed the staff about the table and they were very nice about the situation and understood it was an accident. We were not charged for the table. Overall the stay was amazing, I know of the 5 of us staying there at least 3 of us plan to return in the future with our spouses. Top notch hotel, if you are looking for a place that's better than your standard hotel this is the place to stay. I've made over 30 visits to the Gettysburg National Battlefield with family and friends, for pleasure and research, this by far was my best stay I've ever experience, amazing.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Beware. Typo will happen!

We changed our reservations at the last minute from a "high end" chain once I saw. the pictures of the hotel. We gave up a pool for charm and I'm so glad we did.

I could go into a long explanation on how wonderful our stay was but i would run out of space. Aside from what you would respect from a great hotel, it was above and beyond.

Immaculately clean, the staff was wonderful and so helpful in helping us find places other than tourist traps. I made a comment that our bathroom door was noisy and it was fixed on the spot. I asked for extra towels the first day and they were there every day of our stay. The bed AND the sofa bed were so comfy. I was trying to find the tag on the mattress so I could get one at home.

Last but certainly not least.. the bar downstairs! Don't let the size fool you. Great things do come in small packages! Lively conversation and great evening snacks pack it full. my husband had a great time sampling the 25ish different beers and IPAs. What made it the most fun was the bartender Robin! She is what brings you back. She brings the place alive! Make sure you ask her about Sambora/Bonjovi! She will crack you up.

There is no way I could edit this down and I still left out the details about the building, grounds, the bathroom, the location.... I could go on. You will not be disappointed.

Stayed July 2014
Pittsboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very unique hotel within a 5 minute walk of downtown historic Gettysburg. We reserved a double room with extra sitting room on the top floor. Rooms are very spacious, beds comfortable. Quiet hotel!!!!! It felt like we were the only occupants as the parking lot seemed empty all the time and I think we only saw 1-2 other guests while staying two nights there. Staff is friendly. Free morning coffee was actually very good (down in the lobby). Would definitely stay here again! Did not eat at the restaurant next door as ratings weren't good, but for a little walk we highly recommend Cafe Saint-Amand for breakfast (sloooow service but very good food - crepes!!!!!) and Garryowen Irish Pub for lunch. EXCELLENT fish & chips and Antrim chicken sandwich is the bomb!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

At first sight, my husband said, "Wow, this must be expensive!" But, when I told him it was just a little more than our stay the night before in a small town Fairfield Inn, he was quite surprised. The hotel was formerly a school built in the 1890's. The hotel is beautifully decorated with antiques and civil war paintings. Our room was nicely decorated. The bathroom was gorgeous with a granite tile shower accenting the very tall ceilings. There was even a little exposed brick to remind us we were in a 100+ yr old building. The location is great, not far from the downtown area. The staff was very helpful in providing information on great places to dine. And, the blueberry scones they offered in the afternoon were absolutely delicious!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Our family of four (with two boys ages 5and 8) stayed two nights at the end of July. We had the queen suite on the first floor. We absolutely loved the room and hotel. It was absolutely beautiful and full of charm. The staff was very friendly as well. We wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed July 2014
MA.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

This small, "boutique" style hotel fits in perfectly with the Gettysburg surroundings. Our room, had a high ceiling and adjacent sitting area. The bathroom had marbled style floor and the shower was exquisite! The owners put much thought into perserving the history of the hotel as eveident in the pictures and architectural design of the building. The do not serve breakfast but a coffee maker, coffee and refrigerator are in each room and the "free" breakfast most other places serve, wouldn't be worth passing this charming location for. Special thanks to Vicki at the front desk for helping my friend with her luggage!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Federal Pointe Inn, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member? Share your experiences!