“I wish I could rate it a 10!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Federal Pointe Inn, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member

You added Federal Pointe Inn, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member to your Saves list
Federal Pointe Inn, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
3.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   75 Springs Avenue, Gettysburg, PA 17325   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Gettysburg
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“I wish I could rate it a 10!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

Beware. Typo will happen!

We changed our reservations at the last minute from a "high end" chain once I saw. the pictures of the hotel. We gave up a pool for charm and I'm so glad we did.

I could go into a long explanation on how wonderful our stay was but i would run out of space. Aside from what you would respect from a great hotel, it was above and beyond.

Immaculately clean, the staff was wonderful and so helpful in helping us find places other than tourist traps. I made a comment that our bathroom door was noisy and it was fixed on the spot. I asked for extra towels the first day and they were there every day of our stay. The bed AND the sofa bed were so comfy. I was trying to find the tag on the mattress so I could get one at home.

Last but certainly not least.. the bar downstairs! Don't let the size fool you. Great things do come in small packages! Lively conversation and great evening snacks pack it full. my husband had a great time sampling the 25ish different beers and IPAs. What made it the most fun was the bartender Robin! She is what brings you back. She brings the place alive! Make sure you ask her about Sambora/Bonjovi! She will crack you up.

There is no way I could edit this down and I still left out the details about the building, grounds, the bathroom, the location.... I could go on. You will not be disappointed.

Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Pittsboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Very unique hotel within a 5 minute walk of downtown historic Gettysburg. We reserved a double room with extra sitting room on the top floor. Rooms are very spacious, beds comfortable. Quiet hotel!!!!! It felt like we were the only occupants as the parking lot seemed empty all the time and I think we only saw 1-2 other guests while staying two nights there. Staff is friendly. Free morning coffee was actually very good (down in the lobby). Would definitely stay here again! Did not eat at the restaurant next door as ratings weren't good, but for a little walk we highly recommend Cafe Saint-Amand for breakfast (sloooow service but very good food - crepes!!!!!) and Garryowen Irish Pub for lunch. EXCELLENT fish & chips and Antrim chicken sandwich is the bomb!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

At first sight, my husband said, "Wow, this must be expensive!" But, when I told him it was just a little more than our stay the night before in a small town Fairfield Inn, he was quite surprised. The hotel was formerly a school built in the 1890's. The hotel is beautifully decorated with antiques and civil war paintings. Our room was nicely decorated. The bathroom was gorgeous with a granite tile shower accenting the very tall ceilings. There was even a little exposed brick to remind us we were in a 100+ yr old building. The location is great, not far from the downtown area. The staff was very helpful in providing information on great places to dine. And, the blueberry scones they offered in the afternoon were absolutely delicious!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Our family of four (with two boys ages 5and 8) stayed two nights at the end of July. We had the queen suite on the first floor. We absolutely loved the room and hotel. It was absolutely beautiful and full of charm. The staff was very friendly as well. We wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed July 2014
MA.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

This small, "boutique" style hotel fits in perfectly with the Gettysburg surroundings. Our room, had a high ceiling and adjacent sitting area. The bathroom had marbled style floor and the shower was exquisite! The owners put much thought into perserving the history of the hotel as eveident in the pictures and architectural design of the building. The do not serve breakfast but a coffee maker, coffee and refrigerator are in each room and the "free" breakfast most other places serve, wouldn't be worth passing this charming location for. Special thanks to Vicki at the front desk for helping my friend with her luggage!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Huntington, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

My daughter and I stayed here for two nights and loved it. The rooms are very spacious. Bathroom was huge. They have tea and scones every afternoon, but unfortunately we missed it both days as we were sightseeing. It is close enough to walk to downtown Gettysburg, which we did several times. Really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Roswell, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Do not miss out on this special place. It is beautifully decorated, clean and comfortable. I have stayed in nice hotels throughout the world and this is one of my favorites. The staff and owner of the hotel are very pleasant and helpful. Do not miss out on going down to the pub and visit Robin. The crab cakes are delicious and it is fun talk and visit with her and other Hotel guests. What is interesting is that locals frequent the Pub because of the delightful atmosphere! The Owner of the Hotel and his wife are pleasant individuals and are hands on with regard to the operation. I enjoyed visiting with them both yesterday. You will not regret staying in this historical place!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Been to Federal Pointe Inn, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member? Share your experiences!