“Hard to imagine a more unique setting” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Federal Pointe Inn, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member

Save Saved
You added Federal Pointe Inn, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member to your Saves list
Federal Pointe Inn, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
3.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   75 Springs Avenue, Gettysburg, PA 17325   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Gettysburg
Burlington, Vermont
“Hard to imagine a more unique setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

You would be hard pressed to find a better place to stay in Gettysburg. The building was a former turn of the century school building that was converted to a hotel. As a result the rooms are massive, there is a small bar in the basement where they serve Crab cakes on certain days of the week, and beer, cider, burgers and such on a regular basis. The gym is small but useful, and they keep a small basket of books that the guests can use. The staff is extremely friendly, the owner is often on the premises, and they do not nickle and dime you on the amenities.

First rate hotel experience. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the king suites. For the small uplift it was well worth it.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Newark, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

As you pull up you notice the place of prominence this building has. Go through the center of town and you'll see it. 3 blocks down from the circle, right where Lincoln Hwy bears right and Springs Ave starts. What does that mean to you? Well, first off, you can't miss it lol, but more importantly, this gorgeous old school is placed perfectly. Close enough to downtown that you can easily walk, but just far enough that it was quiet through the night.

Rooms are huge, clean and well provisioned. The staff was very nice. The history of the building made it truly unique. And it only has 18 rooms so it has a very intimate feel.

We will be back to Gettsyburg and we will stay at the Federal Pointe again.

Room Tip: The corner suites have a ridiculous amount of room.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Fredericktown, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

My wife , son and I spent one night here while visiting Gettysburg. This is a unique hotel, different from your normal chains. We are so happy we decided to stay here. Very clean, quiet and historic. Fits perfectly with a visit to Gettysburg. We have recommended this hotel to several friends and family.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

My wife, son, and I spent 3 nights at the Federal Pointe recently, and it is a wonderful choice. We had a king suite on the second floor, and it was very impressive. The hotel is in an old school building - I don't think it is an original Civil War era building, but it matches the ambiance of such buildings in the town and is very charming. Only 18 rooms by my count, but they are large, quaint, and nicely remodeled. Our room was a corner suite and was huge - large, original windows, high ceilings, nice furnishings. The room had a queen fold out sofa bed as well, but there was still a large amount of spare room. The room, and the hotel, were clean and well maintained. Bathroom was huge and both quaint but modern. Big, marble tile lined shower and a large jetted tub. They have a nice little pub in the lower level. Staff was nice and helpful. The location, toward the west side of town, is slightly out of the way, but it's no big deal - Gettysburg remains a small town. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: They have king and double queen suites, as well as a few queen rooms - just ask for what you need.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Shrewsbury, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Small boutique inn ... Near the battlefields ... Great great location ! Staff is wonderful . Rooms are all huge !! As well as the bathrooms ...the pub is small and quaint .. Very clean hotel ...
Downtown is a walk away ..
We will be back !!!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

When I made my reservation I was struck by how helpful and courteous the clerk was. Later, when planning for our trip I called to ask about the best tours in the area (I checked Google and there were plenty of reviews, but the first impression compelled me to check with them) and they offered to schedule one for me. They set me up with a licensed tour guide [ask for Joy] and she was awesome. The staff was great--friendly without seeming forced. We had a King room and the room was outstanding. I can't say anything better. The hotel as a whole is beautiful. A bit pricey, but we went on the 151st anniversary so I'm not sure if rates were higher due to the timing. That's up to you to research. Regardless, it is in the top five of the best hotels I've stayed at for the price. For the money, definitely go with private tours. We did two, one with a licensed guide, and one with Nerdy Tours. Both were awesome and in combination provided a well rounded informational experience for a price that was well worth it. But I have digressed. .
TLDNR: It was a great experience and it would be a difficult choice for me to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Athens, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I'm a choice hotel member so I was able to get a great rate at this Ascend Hotel. This is one of the most beautiful hotels I've ever stayed in! You can see how it used to be an old school that they renovated. We had a room on the 1st floor. I had requested 1st floor because I found out there is no elevator. The rooms are huge - we had a 2 queen room which had beautiful furniture with an oversized chair and two four poster beds that were out-of-this world comfortable, and the pillows were great, too! The draperies are gorgeous and the paintings of the civil war battles were beautiful. They offer scones and tea in the afternoon, and there is a pub downstairs. The bathroom is really big with a beautiful marble walk in shower, and there was also a fridge in our room. It's located only a few miles from the battlefield - very convenient. Everyone should have the chance to stay at this beautiful and historic hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a downstairs room if you don't want to carry your luggage up stairs - no elevators.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Federal Pointe Inn, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member? Share your experiences!