“Awesome boutique inn !!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Federal Pointe Inn, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member

You added Federal Pointe Inn, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member to your Saves list
Federal Pointe Inn, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
3.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   75 Springs Avenue, Gettysburg, PA 17325   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Gettysburg
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Shrewsbury, New Jersey
“Awesome boutique inn !!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Small boutique inn ... Near the battlefields ... Great great location ! Staff is wonderful . Rooms are all huge !! As well as the bathrooms ...the pub is small and quaint .. Very clean hotel ...
Downtown is a walk away ..
We will be back !!!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

When I made my reservation I was struck by how helpful and courteous the clerk was. Later, when planning for our trip I called to ask about the best tours in the area (I checked Google and there were plenty of reviews, but the first impression compelled me to check with them) and they offered to schedule one for me. They set me up with a licensed tour guide [ask for Joy] and she was awesome. The staff was great--friendly without seeming forced. We had a King room and the room was outstanding. I can't say anything better. The hotel as a whole is beautiful. A bit pricey, but we went on the 151st anniversary so I'm not sure if rates were higher due to the timing. That's up to you to research. Regardless, it is in the top five of the best hotels I've stayed at for the price. For the money, definitely go with private tours. We did two, one with a licensed guide, and one with Nerdy Tours. Both were awesome and in combination provided a well rounded informational experience for a price that was well worth it. But I have digressed. .
TLDNR: It was a great experience and it would be a difficult choice for me to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Athens, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I'm a choice hotel member so I was able to get a great rate at this Ascend Hotel. This is one of the most beautiful hotels I've ever stayed in! You can see how it used to be an old school that they renovated. We had a room on the 1st floor. I had requested 1st floor because I found out there is no elevator. The rooms are huge - we had a 2 queen room which had beautiful furniture with an oversized chair and two four poster beds that were out-of-this world comfortable, and the pillows were great, too! The draperies are gorgeous and the paintings of the civil war battles were beautiful. They offer scones and tea in the afternoon, and there is a pub downstairs. The bathroom is really big with a beautiful marble walk in shower, and there was also a fridge in our room. It's located only a few miles from the battlefield - very convenient. Everyone should have the chance to stay at this beautiful and historic hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a downstairs room if you don't want to carry your luggage up stairs - no elevators.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

I can guarantee that this is one of the most unique hotels I have ever stayed. It is beautiful, updated, and clean! With the high ceilings, it makes the room seem bigger than what it is. My family and I loved it. Beds were so comfortable! The bathroom was huge especially by hotel standards. Only downside was there is only one sink and no tub, but the shower is spacious. Wish we would have had more time to check out the bar downstairs, but we were exhausted. Would recommend this place to anybody traveling-even with 3 kids.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

First thought I had about this place was AMAZING!!! We originally booked our hotel for an overnight stay at marriot but after seeing the reviews and pictures about this place, I just had to cancel our marriot stay and book the last room. The room that we had was big! 2 queen size, large bathroom, clean carpet, soft comfy beds, and the lounge area was pretty cool too. It was actually the DOOR of the high school. How amazing is that! There's a dollar general across the street so if you forgot your toothbrush, like I did, you can just walk there to get one. Dunlap was literally 30 second sprint away for breakfast. I even got to meet Mr. Monahan when he was moving in the Inn. He was a humble gentleman who made sure to welcome us. The receptionist was also nice and very friendly. I will definitely book here again!!! The only thing I wasn't fond of was people/guest slamming their door late at night. Maybe they can put a sign saying not to SLAM their door shut and be courteous to your neighbor! :P

Tip. Mr Monahan, if possible to get a bigger screen in that HUGE room (maybe a 42+ inch)...the room was so big that it made the tv look tiny! hahahahaha..other than that..This will be the ONLY place we will stay in here in GETTYSBURG!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

My wife and I journeyed to Gettysburg and were a little challenged to find lodging in the city proper. We really wanted something with local color rather than one of the chain hotels. Federal Pointe Inn met and exceeded our expectations.

The room was very large and as a corner room had windows on two sides. The decorations were eye catching since they were from a local artist and continued the civil war theme of the city without being ostentatious.

I would suggest that it is a wonderful place for couple and families but perhaps not the best if you have young kids and are looking for a pool or play area to entertain the kids.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Pleasant hotel, long walk to town. Unique building, it is a renovated school, rooms are large and attractive and very clean. Very quiet hotel. Staff were friendly and helpful. Nearby diner good for breakfast.

• Stayed June 2014

Been to Federal Pointe Inn, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member? Share your experiences!