“Lovely place to stay, and would return” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Federal Pointe Inn, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member

Save Saved
You added Federal Pointe Inn, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member to your Saves list
Federal Pointe Inn, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
3.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   75 Springs Avenue, Gettysburg, PA 17325   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 29 hotels in Gettysburg
Bellingham, Massachusetts
“Lovely place to stay, and would return”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We ended up here after looking around tripadvisor, and are glad we did! This renovated schoolhouse is now a very nice hotel. The rooms are huge (at least our 3rd floor, king bed, room was). The bed was very comfortable. The staff very nice and friendly. It is about a half mile walk to the center/rotary, so very easy for us to roam around. There is a grocery store a block away if you want to get some snacks to keep in the room mini frig. The only negative thing I say is that it is on a fairly busy road, and near enough to the train, so you hear traffic all night and an occasional train. I've learned to travel with earplugs - so it didn't bother me

Room Tip: We had a 3rd floor, king bed, Jacuzzi room. It was huge, and very nice.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

126 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Port Huron, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

My sister and I recently stayed in room 205 of the Federal Pointe Inn for five nights and found it very roomy and comfortable. We especially liked discovering the history of the place. It is a former high school built in 1896 that continued to serve as a school until 1992. The building was converted to an inn during 2012 and opened that July. Our sitting room was once the main lobby for the school which still has the original front doors! The beds are extremely comfortable and the bathroom with marble shower was another nice feature. We enjoyed the inn's location because it is only about two blocks from the diamond and steps away from Lee's Headquarters and the Lutheran Seminary. I would advise anyone who stays here to explore the lower level where the fitness room is located. There you will find many historic photo's of the school and some of its students from years past.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Hainesport, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Recently spent one night at the Federal Pointe Inn. There is absolutely nothing to complain about this Inn. The Inn is conveniently located in Gettysburg which was beautifully restored 2 years ago from a schoolhouse. Our room was spacious, immaculate, beautiful furnishings, with comfortable bed and very nice bedding and refridgerator in room. Staff was very friendly and helpful and accomodating as we had a special request which they gladly met our request. I would strongly recommend this very comfortable inn if you are visiting Gettysburg.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

The nights were getting cool and the A/C was still on. They weren't ready for the cold yet, just us.
We stayed here because we never stayed at a Ascend property and wanted to check it out. I won't pay extra to stay but the price was right to try it. So we are not sorry we tried it but I probably won't stay again.

Room Tip: No pool or hot tube....
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Saint Charles, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

I agree with all of the previous reviews. Great rooms, great location and great staff. The building is amazing and the high ceilings and beautiful bathrooms make this a unique experience. Vicky was very helpful in telling us what to see and how to get there. I highly recommend this hotel. (Only thing I would warn people is that there is no elevator to upper floor).

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Austin.TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Great place! Many thanks to the new owner for making the investment to save this property and share it with others.

Clean rooms. Even though the original classrooms were cut in half to make 2 hotel rooms each, each individual hotel room is still ample. And, includes fridges/micros and sitting chairs. A bit cramped if you were 2 in a room, perhaps. (I was just 1 on this trip.)

I agree with another poster that the bed was THE most comfortable thing I have slept on lately. I even ripped my sheets off in the morning looking for a label on the mattress, but, I couldn't find one (I'm guessing mine was sadly on the underside). (Owners, can you message me with what type of mattress it was?)

Good location - away from the cluster of downtown, but, close enough to easily walk to anything downtown. And, comes with its own parking lot, which is great.

Down side - I tend to get cold very easily. And, I was there in early May, when the nights still dipped down into the upper 40s / low 50s. The rooms are heated only by electric baseboard heaters. And, when they first walk you to the room, the AC has been on high for quite some time before you get there. So you just spend more electricity over-riding all that AC to get the room to a normal temperature. I get it - all hotels do this because somehow the room FEELS more clean if it's cold and dry, versus warm and moist. I get it. But with the electric baseboards, it just takes a long time to counter-act, and then, at 3:00 am, you are too warm and have to stumble over to the floor to shut the thing off. A bit inconvenient, but, I'm sure there were insane limitations in their remodel.

Look at this review! The only bad thing I could say about staying in this historic property was that "wah, they had to use electric baseboard heaters."

Just stay here. It's awesome. And not a dime more expensive than a chain property.

Complimentary tea/coffee. Really great accent books and pictures throughout the property. Lovely soaps and bathroom amenities.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Federal_Pointe, Owner at Federal Pointe Inn, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
We are so glad that you love the comfort of our mattresses. The mattress is the top of the line Serta Quality II Sleeper pillow top. Thank you for selecting Federal Pointe Inn for your Gettysburg visit!
West Sussex U.K.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

A little way out of town, about 10 minutes walk to the centre, but this means plenty of easy parking. But, as we later learnt, close to some of the battle's first day action.
A big old building that looks as though it's being constantly improved. We saw notices regarding a bar and food licence being applied for.
Big room with high ceiling, as did all the hotel, and a nice Gettysburg "feel" with paintings, books, memorabilia about the place. Adds to the experience as I guess the battle is why most people are in town.
Well appointed, clean room with comfortable bed, plenty of room and a good shower.
Nicely kept gardens.
Welcome, by Vicky and a young lad, was very warm and nothing too much trouble.
Not having a bar or restaurant we only saw reception staff, but all were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Federal Pointe Inn, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member? Share your experiences!