“Nice big room” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Federal Pointe Inn, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member

Save Saved
You added Federal Pointe Inn, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member to your Saves list
Federal Pointe Inn, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Gettysburg
florida
“Nice big room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

The nights were getting cool and the A/C was still on. They weren't ready for the cold yet, just us.
We stayed here because we never stayed at a Ascend property and wanted to check it out. I won't pay extra to stay but the price was right to try it. So we are not sorry we tried it but I probably won't stay again.

Room Tip: No pool or hot tube....
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Saint Charles, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

I agree with all of the previous reviews. Great rooms, great location and great staff. The building is amazing and the high ceilings and beautiful bathrooms make this a unique experience. Vicky was very helpful in telling us what to see and how to get there. I highly recommend this hotel. (Only thing I would warn people is that there is no elevator to upper floor).

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Austin.TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Great place! Many thanks to the new owner for making the investment to save this property and share it with others.

Clean rooms. Even though the original classrooms were cut in half to make 2 hotel rooms each, each individual hotel room is still ample. And, includes fridges/micros and sitting chairs. A bit cramped if you were 2 in a room, perhaps. (I was just 1 on this trip.)

I agree with another poster that the bed was THE most comfortable thing I have slept on lately. I even ripped my sheets off in the morning looking for a label on the mattress, but, I couldn't find one (I'm guessing mine was sadly on the underside). (Owners, can you message me with what type of mattress it was?)

Good location - away from the cluster of downtown, but, close enough to easily walk to anything downtown. And, comes with its own parking lot, which is great.

Down side - I tend to get cold very easily. And, I was there in early May, when the nights still dipped down into the upper 40s / low 50s. The rooms are heated only by electric baseboard heaters. And, when they first walk you to the room, the AC has been on high for quite some time before you get there. So you just spend more electricity over-riding all that AC to get the room to a normal temperature. I get it - all hotels do this because somehow the room FEELS more clean if it's cold and dry, versus warm and moist. I get it. But with the electric baseboards, it just takes a long time to counter-act, and then, at 3:00 am, you are too warm and have to stumble over to the floor to shut the thing off. A bit inconvenient, but, I'm sure there were insane limitations in their remodel.

Look at this review! The only bad thing I could say about staying in this historic property was that "wah, they had to use electric baseboard heaters."

Just stay here. It's awesome. And not a dime more expensive than a chain property.

Complimentary tea/coffee. Really great accent books and pictures throughout the property. Lovely soaps and bathroom amenities.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Federal_Pointe, Owner at Federal Pointe Inn, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
We are so glad that you love the comfort of our mattresses. The mattress is the top of the line Serta Quality II Sleeper pillow top. Thank you for selecting Federal Pointe Inn for your Gettysburg visit!
West Sussex U.K.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

A little way out of town, about 10 minutes walk to the centre, but this means plenty of easy parking. But, as we later learnt, close to some of the battle's first day action.
A big old building that looks as though it's being constantly improved. We saw notices regarding a bar and food licence being applied for.
Big room with high ceiling, as did all the hotel, and a nice Gettysburg "feel" with paintings, books, memorabilia about the place. Adds to the experience as I guess the battle is why most people are in town.
Well appointed, clean room with comfortable bed, plenty of room and a good shower.
Nicely kept gardens.
Welcome, by Vicky and a young lad, was very warm and nothing too much trouble.
Not having a bar or restaurant we only saw reception staff, but all were very friendly and helpful.

Allison Park, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

My husband and I visit Gettysburg every year and were looking to stay some place new.Well we were not disappointed with our stay.The old school house has many beautiful pictures and original décor.The rooms were a nice surprise with the granite in the bathroom.We can not wait till our next visit.This is a place that you will never forget.

Room Tip: We had no problems with noise or sun,our room was perfect.We stayed in a king suite room,it had a Ke...
New Hope, Pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I had to cancel my reservation at Federal Pointe Inn - unexpectedly; and did it after the 4 pm cancel deadline (day before). The owner, Sandy, graciously waived my one night late cancellation fee. Customer service like that is appreciated - and not always seen in the hotel industry. I will definitely stay here in the future.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

We and another couple stayed at the Federal Pointe for two nights in August. It is a nice and new boutique hotel offering spacious rooms, high ceilings, Keurig coffee machines, mini fridge, free bottled water and a bathroom with granite shower stall with very good shower spray and granite sink countertops with good quality toiletries. Free parking and wi-fi as well. We stayed in Room 204 and the only setbacks were that there wasn't a desk that my husband could set up his laptop to do work at, there wasn't enough lighting, no safe and not much counter space in the bathroom to set out our toiletry bags etc. The hotel had been a school previously and has been lovingly restored and it shows throughout. The owners did a wonderful job and it is clear that it was a labour of love. Civil war paintings by Dale Gallon are hung throughout. Although the hotel was fully booked when we were there, we did not get distracted with any kind of noise. It's location is also convenient - a short walk to the Seminary one way and a short walk to the town circle the other way - no more than 5 minutes. No food service is available at the hotel at the moment but there's lots to choose from once you're towards the town circle. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Federal Pointe Inn, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member? Share your experiences!