“Small bits of heaven” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dessert
Elgin
“Small bits of heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

I first went to the bakery across the street, but they were closed. Needed a sweets fix. Walked into the bakery. It doesn't smell like sugar, the scent I associate with bakeries. Cupcakes displayed, unable to decide and since I am on vacation took one of everything. It was only 8 cupcakes. Each one is a delight. The frosting is lite and smooth. The cakes rich. Started with the chocolate covered strawberry, yummy. Different flavors equal much bliss.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

79% Recommend
“Terrific lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Unexpectedly came upon this gem when in town looking for a place to grab a sandwich. All ingredients were fresh and locally grown/made. Grilled Brie cheese and jam panini was genius and absolutely delicious as were the caprese salad, turkey club and the goat panini. Presentation was spot on. Our order was taken immediately, but it did take some time for us to get our food. When we began eating we forgot about all about how long it took and decided it was definitely worth the wait. Don't pass up this eatery.

sharon
“Best of the best in cupcakes!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Having garnered an appetite after visiting the battlefield for the past 3 hours, we decided that cupcakes were the way to go. We spent some time roaming the streets of Gettysburg and sampling different cupcakes. The ones here won unanimously from my group of six. The cake was soft and moist as well as the frosting being a true buttercream. We had filled and unfilled cupcakes, each delicious in its own right. On our way back home the next day, I'm not embarrassed to say we stopped by again and got a dozen to go, along with 3 extremely scrumptious cookies!

Little Rock AR
“Delicious Cake”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

The bakery made a wonderfully rich chocolate cake for my wife's birthday during our stay at Gettysburg. I had called ahead and ordered the cake over the phone. I sent them an edible image for the cake. They exceeded my expectations. Next time I visit Gettysburg, I want to try one of their cupcakes.

Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
“WELLS ROCKS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I have been coming here since she opened and her cakes and baked goods are and always be amazing , and now she has a lunch menu that will knock your socks off , it is modestly priced with things you would not expect from Gettysburg. Also if you don't try it you will be missing one of the jewels of our town .

Visited May 2013