We stayed at this hotel whilst singing in the G&S Festival in June as part of a large group from the UK.
The grounds and communal areas were well maintained and large and there was a convenient small store in reception which sold snack and drinks. There was a small internet room with free internet but only one computer was working whilst we were there. We had been told that there was crazy golf available on site but this had closed down. There was a go-karting track but this was quite expensive.
The hotel decor was extremely dated - we felt as if were were walking around in a 1980s TV murder mystery! The rooms were clean and again well sized, but they were dark (not all the lighting worked easily) and could do with a refurbish.
The "group breakfast" provided for us was minimal - fruit salad, some pre-bought muffins and toast were all that was available. We did not eat in the hotel restaurant itself, although others in our party did and there were varied reviews of the food. The store in reception sold good sandwiches and snacks, but again these were expensive.
The main problem with this hotel is that it is totally in the middle of nowhere, miles out from Gettysburg itself. There is nothing at all within walking distance and the public transport system is dire. A shuttle bus was put on for the G&S festival only and this helped, but they were not very frequent and did not run very late. Be warned, there are NO TAXIS at all in Gettsyburg either. I would suggest if you choose to stay here you definitely hire a car if you are not driving already. There is only one car hire place in town, so do pre-book, but we found them to be exceptionally helpful and friendly and they collected us from the hotel and dropped us off again after the hire was over.
Overall, if you can choose, stay somewhere a lot more central as there appear to be many nice places in Gettysburg itself.
- Also Known As:
- Eisenhower Inn And Conference Center
- Eisenhower Hotel Gettysburg
- Eisenhower Inn
- Eisenhower Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eisenhower is a unique resort with taste, style, and a staff proud of it's tradition of friendly attentive service. It's the hotel that guests remember with pleasure and return to again and again. Make The Eisenhower your Gettysburg Address and you're only minutes from the Historic Gettysburg National Military Park, golf, and skiing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Tingo, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Eisenhower Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.