“Wonderful All The Way Around” 5 of 5 stars

Eisenhower Hotel & Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2634 Emmitsburg Road, Gettysburg, PA 17325   |
Ranked #26 of 29 Hotels in Gettysburg
buffalo ny
“Wonderful All The Way Around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2009

We arrived after staying in a very over-rated hotel.
The rates were extremely good. The Staff was excellent, very helpful, they were very informative of the places we wanted to see, even hand drew us map to a couple of covered bridges. The staff was very friendly. Having the pool and Jacuzzi right off our room was wonderful. We can't praise this hotel enough.
It was clean, it was convenient. It is a hope skip and jump from Maryland.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Philadelphia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2009

hotel is overpriced. amenities consisted of a cold indoor pool, cold hot tub, no working ice machines, no properly working vending machines. poor room quality for the price paid, and a management that just doesn't care. Avoid a stay here

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2009

I've stayed at the Eisenhower the same days in June for the past ten years...and I think they have yet to do any improvements to the original hotel or train the lackadaisical staff. On arrival I waited 10 mintues for someone, anyone to check me in, to no avail. I tried dialing the operator. No dice - they had gone to get their cheeseburger and fries from the restaurant. Went to the bar, but the bartender (who was actually quite sweet), still held up half a bar full of people to gossip with friends working at the restaurant. The room itself was just OK - windows hadn't been painted in 20 years, fitted sheet didn't fit the bed and pulled loose all night, but at least the AC worked and room was clean (tho' smelled musty/nasty). Room freshener would have helped. Meals are just OK, breakfast is nasty - go to Cafe St. Amand on Baltimore St. near the large square at center of town for the best breakfast in Gettysburg. Pool is indoor, so forget about a tan. On the plus side, the hotel is quiet, family-friendly, with a large amusement center and go-carts next door. Rates are low, and close to battlefield but no shopping or anything else close by. You get what you pay for.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2009

I stayed at the Eisenhower for one night with a field trip/school group that went to DC and Gettysburg. I stayed in Eisenhower II with my friends (second floor) and it felt like a Marriott to me. I have stayed in many luxurious hotels around the world and this place could give a Marriott a run for its money. When we arrived I was thrilled to see how clean the hotel was, both inside and out. The roads around the property were all newly paved and smooth to drive on. When we got into the lobby we were checked in immediately by the friendly staff. They helped us locate our rooms and assisted us in getting situated. We took a nice elevator ride to our room on the second floor. I also have to point out that there was a very pleasant aroma lingering throughout the building and halls all throughout my stay. I sometimes just stood in the hall and inhaled the nice scent. I think it was cleaning material. Room: wow! Had two plushy beds, a pullout couch and a nice TV. The bathroom was nice, except the shower burned me when I first used it but I learned how to adjust it correctly. There was also a nice minifridge and microwave in our room. We used the fridge to store soda and ice and it worked fine. Beds were amazing, very soft. I fell asleep right after dinner and didn't wake up until late the next morning. The pool was very nice and accommodating. There were a few things I did not like about the pool area, though. First of all, the 2 foot deep shallow end. It was not marked well enough (one tiny sign inside the pool) and I jumped in and smacked my ankles on the shallow, hard floor of the pool and doubled over in pain. The rest of it was okay... The pool water was a bit cooler than I would have expected. The whirlpool was very disappointing. I wanted to go in after a long day of walking around and let the jets work at my back and when I stepped in I was shocked to find that the whirlpool was COLDER than the pool. It was literally colder than the pool, I am dead serious. The pool must have been around 78, the whirlpool was probably around 50 degrees. Our group changed its name to "The Cold Tub." There were not any jets either, just bubbles. Maybe it was broken. I also liked the Allstar sports complex on the property. I did not have time to visit myself but my friends said it was fun. All in all, I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to go out to Gettysburg/Washington for a while. It's a bit off the beaten path, but what the heck. A great hotel. I really enjoyed my stay at the Eisenhower.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Butler, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2009

We have stayed at this hotel many times... in both buildings. We love staying here, the rooms are great, friendly staff, great food and low rates.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2008

We were very excited when we heard that the SHCA National Specialty was going to be held here. Reading all the reviews it sounded like such a great place to spend a week.
Our room was so old and boring I was really surprised that for a big name it didn't even hold a candle to some of the "bargain" hotels we have stayed in. The room was so small it was claustrophobic. There was not one piece of decoration on the walls. The A/C didn't work and no one ever came when we reported it. The window would open but the crank arm was broken so you had to take out the screen to pull it closed by hand. The TV was about a 17 inch relic from the dark ages.The marketplace, which was the only place to get snacks had a line out the door for all the hours it was open with one person serving. There were no pay movie channels, no info book in the room to find out where everything was, no room service.
The worst part as that the "special dog show rate" (which we booked 9 months ago) was 110 per night and my friend was able to book a room with two queen beds---a sofa---refrigerator etc. on their website a week before at $79 !!!!
The only thing good I can say was that the food at our banquet was very good.

• Liked — Banquet Dinner was good
  • Disliked — Room was pitiful;
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ellicott City, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2008

I stayed here for a scrapbooking convention. It was a picture-perfect weekend. Our rooms were clean and quite - the fridge and microwave in the rooms were an added bonus. The staff provided great facilities for my friends to work on our scrapbooks from a conference room all weekend. The room was well lit and secure and the staff checked on us periodically to make sure we had ice water and outlets for our printers and such. The restaurant was very good, although like the other reviewer mentioned, the breakfast buffet left something to be desired. It was very easy to charge meals in the restaurant to the room, too. The pool looked great, although I didn't have time to enjoy it, and it stays open until 10pm. The deli/gift shop doesn't offer the fastest service, but the food was good and the indoor/outdoor eatery was very comfortable to enjoy a relaxing lunch.

• Liked — the restaurant was great
  • Disliked — they did not serve coke products - only Pepsi
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Eisenhower Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!