My husband and I just returned from a conference here. The day before our departure, I'd read a lengthy and scathing review of the hotel, so I called and spoke with John Crebbs. He knew of the review and said they were checking into the complaints that had been itemized. He also said we were booked in the newer section and reassured me.
Still a bit nervous, I actually saw John at the Front Desk of the Eisenhower. The spacious lobby, with marble floors and dark wood accents was quite nice, so I was dismayed when John said we were booked in the adjacent property, part of the complex.
When we got to check-in, I told the desk clerk, Elizabeth Taylor (yes, a pretty young brunette with an easy-to-recall name!) that I'd spoken to John and had asked that he note we requested early check-in. She said they were booked, but that a room would be available in about 3 1/2 hours--still two hours shy of normal check-in time, but the worst news for me, a very weary traveler who was only accompanying her husband and not included in the seminars and trainings.
Miss Taylor looked at me for an instant and correctly surmised that I really need rest and found a room for us.
The spaciousness of the room is truly noteworthy--probably triple the square feet our the room we stayed in at my beloved Omni Parker House Hotel in Boston--with two king-sized beds, perfectly and comfortably made with four plump pillows each, a full-sized couch, desk, two chairs and ottoman, and mini-kitchen, plus a good-sized bathroom--all in absolutely pristine condition.
But aside from the amenities, it was the staff--most especially Miss T., but also the night clerk, and John, my initial contact--that impressed me most. I really don't know how I would have made it to the evening events, had I not been able to rest soon after our arrival, and all thanks to Elizabeth T!
I'm happy to see other good reviews of this facility because the highly negative one cast such a pall and certainly caused trepidation on my part.
The banquet dinner for our large group offered a nice range of good food, and the only difficulty was in keeping the food replenished.
Top-notch care for guests, despite a large wedding and a large conference on the same weekend. No small feat for this fine establishment, situated on a lovely piece of rolling hills in the bucolic countryside of Gettysburg.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eisenhower is a unique resort with taste, style, and a staff proud of it's tradition of friendly attentive service. It's the hotel that guests remember with pleasure and return to again and again. Make The Eisenhower your Gettysburg Address and you're only minutes from the Historic Gettysburg National Military Park, golf, and skiing. Check-in is at 3pm. Check-out is 11am. Cancellation Policy: 24 hours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Eisenhower Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eisenhower Inn And Conference Center
- Eisenhower Hotel Gettysburg