“This was the most horrible hotel experience I have ever had!” 1 of 5 stars

Eisenhower Hotel & Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2634 Emmitsburg Road, Gettysburg, PA 17325   |
Ranked #26 of 29 Hotels in Gettysburg
Hyattsville, Maryland
“This was the most horrible hotel experience I have ever had!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The hotel has no heating, food was cold, carpet was wet, soiled/dirty causing heavy mold/musty smells, drapes had burn holes dusty, shower not working/damaged. "Complimetary" breakfast had food limit.

Room Tip: There aren't any!
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I stayed there for the valentine's day weekend it was 4 greyhound buses full with family and friends there were no room service,our room keys would not work the whole weekend we had to change the room key at least 5 times within 1-2 days.my mom's room key to her room the battery was dead and when it was changed it still didn't work so my mom room the next morning had to be changed to another room.there is a game room that has Lazer tag and other games that were suppose to be included with the stay my children goes across the street to where this game room is asking where is the basketball tournament that was mentioned on the schedule for the weekend trip and these people have no idea what my family is talking about.so my kids were very upset.so then they try goin to the indoor pool that's at the hotel it was freezing water and freezing inside where the pool is and they said the heat was on they waited 2 hours and it still was cold.and the ceiling was leaking all through the pool area all the inside tables were wet.by our room door there is another window or door that was broken and the whole hallway was freezing where everyone had to wear their coats.the last 2 days that we stayed for this weekend the ballroom was freezing as they claim their boiler had broken there were no heaters to be replaced for any heat it was so cold to where people had to get their food and take it back to our rooms.they put out dinner about 6pm after that there's no room service so our family had to spend Xtra money on buying food like ordering take out from papa johns,or dominoes those were the only 2 places that were kinda near this hotel.and being that we were from the hotel they would charge a Xtra 10/20 dollars because they knew there werect anything else open or near the hotel and when we went skiing it was too much money I paid $200 for 2 people for 2 hours to ski plus you had to rent the snoword and pay for the lift to take you up the slope so you can come down the slope the only thing that I enjoyed was the tubing and it was a reasonable price of $31 for each person for 2 hours.our bathroom tub was so dirty where I cleaned it myself after calling for room service,our television kept turning on and off by itself.it just was a horrible experience and I'm sure not only myself but there were many people that would like at least half of our money back and I paid for 5 people and everybody were complain that they will never return to this so called resort ever again so I'm not the only one that is and we're complaing.I did even leave a tip for a room service person sorry but I travel many places and all over the world and I have never not left a tip for good or fair service and I'm sure the rest of my family and tour group felt the same or worst.shape up on everything you do have polite staff I can truly say that.just everything else needs alot of work and help with also the work out room there were equipment in there but we were not allowed to use it and it felt like a deep freezer inside there then there was another room saying workout room being renovated and we all have pictures of everything I will be sending these pictures to the head of this company because I feel at least I should be reimburse with at least half of my money I have paid for this valentine's weekend it was not any kind of a valentine day/night or weekend I had to wait till we reach back home and plan another little trip to enjoy my valentine's with my husband and new born baby on the way.so we will be goin to the Poconos for this weekend and will enjoy our stay I had been there before and loved it with evert hinges included for $775 even to go skiing no rental and Xtra activities to do included.thanks for the fun we did have when we went tubing in the snow.pls pls pls do better at this resort it will be a success I promise.

• Stayed February 2015
Upper Marlboro
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We arrived late Friday afternoon and it was cold outside and inside. You had to leave on your coats because it was cold inside the hotel and the rooms. The ballroom where we was eating was freezing. The carpet in the rooms was filthy. Stains on the walls. Stains on the lamps and shade melted at the stained spot. The shower did not work in the morning until maintenance came to fix it. The bathroom ceiling is bowed over the tub that look like water damage. The exercise room was closed. On the third morning, the syrup got thick while on your plate because it was extremely cold in the ballroom where we had to eat. There was no one to take your luggage. Lobby bathroom was very cold. Water leaking next to the elevator from the ceiling. Called for extra towels and never got it. No tissues or towel paper refilled. Finally we got the toilet paper. I had never in my lifetime ever been in a place so awful!!!!!

Room Tip: Not at that hotel!
Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My family had recently stayed at this hotel and it made for a lovely vacation. Two king size beds and a very spacious room for our family. The fridge and microwave were a nice extra amenity. The hotel staff were very helpful and full of knowledge for Gettysburg. Only a few minutes from the battlefield which was convenient but also keeping the hotel quiet. The rooms and lobby were well kept as they were very clean. Would absolutely recommend and come again!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This was about my fourth time staying here on an Eastern lights getaway weekend. Every time I stayed here the pool area was too cold to enjoy; even in the summer time. This time the entire building was cold except our room. The carpets needs to be cleaned professionally or replaced. Staff was okay. Buffet breakfast was okay. Buffet dinner wasn't season and stereotypes.

• Stayed February 2015
Indiana, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for recent event. Facilities need an upgrade in rooms and meeting areas. Doors did not close properly at entrance. Rugs unclean.
Positive was friendly staff. Newer section rooms were much better than older ones. Out of town with not much near such as restaurants or gas stations.

• Stayed October 2014
Maumee, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2014

We were in town for an event at this hotel. The event was beautiful and I found the hotel staff to be friendly and professional. We decided to find a hotel about 10 miles down the road after researching on trip advisor and I couldn't be happier about it. Lots of our friends booked this hotel and were sorely disappointed. Wall paper coming off the walls, Cob webs, stains, etc. I didn't have the heart to tell them we paid the same amount for much better accommodations. Definitely would attend another event here, but would not use the hotel rooms!

Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Eisenhower Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!