“Perfect place for a weekend getaway.” 4 of 5 stars

Eisenhower Hotel & Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2634 Emmitsburg Road, Gettysburg, PA 17325   |
Ranked #26 of 29 Hotels in Gettysburg
Napanee, Canada
“Perfect place for a weekend getaway.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

My boyfriend (Now Fiancee) and I went to Gettysburg PA for a weekend getaway and booked a room in the Eisenhower. The hotel has an older section and a new section, our room was in the older section. The hotel is quiet and comfortable and the pool area is quite nice. The staff were very helpful and made some great suggestions for our weekend visit. Would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: We liked our room in the old section as it was very quiet.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Chardon, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I,like many others here, was in town for a dog show and this was the host hotel. This place was very outdated and in bad need of a total overhaul. The staff is clearly overwhelmed but the only bright spot is that they were very pleasant. Not so much at the bar, the staff would completely disappear and were not attentive. We had one banquet meal that was decent, we ate nothing else there as many were complaining. Maintenance was only around at night as far as I could see. Room keys were a constant headache from not working. There is no lighting on the backside and garbage was never emptied there either. The ceiling in the hallways was leaking horribly and the vending machines were out of water as was one of the ice machines. I thought my room was clean UNTIL, a cockroach tried to get in bed with me. It was on the third night and I did register a complaint. Perhaps I should have been nasty to receive a discount but my concern was noted and that was all. Unless this place gets the attention it so badly needs,it will only be inhabited by the local ghosts!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed there last week for 2 nights. I was there for a dog agilty competition which was on the same grounds as the hotel. Although I did not get to do much sightseeing , the hotel is in a great location being right down the road from the historic battle grounds and less than a 10 minute ride from the lovely town of Gettysburgh. The hotel was pet friendly which is what I needed and wanted to be close to the competition site. As for the actual hotel. The lobby looked recently renovated but as I walked through the hotel I could see it is in need for a facelift. The carpets in the halls need to be replaced as in many spots they were badly stained. I had a single king room which was very spacious but it too is needed for a facelift. personally I think it was overpriced , I paid $115 a night + tax + pet fee and the room didn't have a refrigerator which is standard in many hotels now a days. had it been under a $100 it wouldn't have bothered me as much. The hotel suited my basic needs, was convenient , quiet area with good space to walk the dog and yes I would stay there again but hope the rate is better or they make some changes. If you need a place to rest your head, no frills , in a good location that is pet friendly then I think you will be happy here.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Buenos Aires, Argentina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I recently stayed at this hotel for a dog show. It was decent, but nothing out of the ordinary, and very old. The room and bathroom were ok regarding cleanliness, but I would have preferred more light in both as they were very dark. We had a room on the ground floor facing the pool area and the window did not provide much light at all. The bed was very comfortable, but I did find a nasty stain on the bedspread. There was free wifi all over the hotel, but the signal quality varies from part to part.

Staff was very friendly and helpful. I did think it was overpriced for what it is.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Walworth, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel is very run down. Windows were filthy. the carpeting in the rooms and halls is dirty and stained. The paint on the walls is all chipped, dust is coming out of the ceiling tiles. There was no good lighting in the room and not enough plugs. The plug by the bed had several things plugged into it.There is mold around the bathroom faucet and the maid left the old soap from the day before and when we returned the soap had mold on it. She did not even clean the sink. The shower grout is black and dirty, the shower fixture is black inside the clear plastic cover. The room keys hardly ever worked and the security doors malfunctioned frequently. There was no light in the parking lot. The TV was old and there was no HBO. Wi fi worked most of the time and there was always hot water and plenty of towels. There is a coffee maker in the room with coffee packets but the hotel did not provide anything in the lobby. No microwaves available, a small refrigerator was $25. The bedspread smelled, but the bed was reasonably comfortable and the mattress looked clean, could see it because the fitted sheet kept coming off when I was sleeping. I was here for my dog nationals for a week and that was the only reason we did not check out. The room rate was over $100 but when I complained at check out about the dirt and mold I got them to give me a 15% refund. Don't eat at this place, the food is only mediocre and it is way over priced. There was a barbeque for the dog show and they did not provide enough food. Go down route 15 towards town 5 miles and eat at the buffet it was really good. the hotel lobby and front entrance make you think you are staying at a nice place but they pay no attention to upkeep of the rooms. Other people stayed at the Baymont about 6 miles away and got 2 bedroom suites and breakfast for less than we paid. I also requested that my room be made up early one day and they said they could not do it.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Hotel is old. Halls reminded me of The Shining. My room had a balcony you couldn't use because of all the exhaust from the air conditioners settled at the ceiling. The pool looked like you could catch something just standing next to it. And the restaurant was horrible. Stayed for a week here for our dog breed national and it was adequate. Bed was fine, shower when it was hot was fine. While we had housekeeping service the room, it seems all they did was just change the towels, make the bed, dump the trash and restock the soap. They never vacuumed or changed the sheets. The staff here are very nice and friendly and they do their best; just wish management would step up their game. I wouldn't go out of my way to stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't expect to use the pool or spa. Also, the interior balconies on the upper floors are useles...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have stayed at the Eisenhower with my husband on multiple occasions and I have never been impressed, but never more so than when we stayed there during our anniversary getaway. We had previously only stayed in the Eisenhower II building, which is nice enough, but the moderate state of the room did not make up for the unavailability of staff and the only somewhat clean room. Speaking specifically of our anniversary experience: It was disgraceful. We checked in and were directed to our room in Eisenhower I. Our room was very outdated and was quite simply dirty. It was clean on the surface for the most part but the bathroom was grimy and the bedding and carpets were in need of replacement. I understand that they are in the process of updating: GOOD!
The poor quality of the room is not the only reason I will not return. The pool was in disrepair, the pool area was in disrepair and the jacuzzi was lukewarm at best.
Our first night there we decided to enjoy a night 'in' and have dinner at the hotel restaurant. The service was laughable. The restaurant was barely half full and we waited more than 30 minutes before we were even acknowledged by a staff member. This same staff member was loudly complaining about how busy they were in front of guests. I understand that it can be overwhelming to be short staffed, but it is not necessary to roll one's eyes at arriving diners. We left after waiting nearly 45 minutes to be seated.
This hotel touts themselves as a conference center but their staff is clearly overwhelmed when they are well booked. Their demeanor on the whole did not make me feel valued as a customer.
For the amount that they are charging, stay somewhere else and you will get much better service and a higher quality room that is just as close or closer to all of the historic sights in Gettysburg.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Eisenhower Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!