“Nice” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2634 Emmitsburg Road, Gettysburg, PA 17325   |
Ranked #26 of 29 Hotels in Gettysburg
“Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Stayed for 3 days/2 nights at the Aspire. Very clean rooms with everything I needed. Comfortable. Conference rooms were nice as well. The older portion needs some updating but provided everything we needed. Staff was super friendly. The food was good. The fruit was really fresh, especially the pineapple. I would stay there again!

Room Tip: Book the aspire, notthe Eisenhower!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Spencer, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Located on one of the major roads that run through the main battlefield in Gettysburg, less expensive than many, nicer than some, not as nice as others. Reasonable for the $, but would probably pay more for a less worn place next time.

• Stayed October 2013
Philadelphia, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We recently stayed at the Eisenhower for a conference. Initially due to previous poor reviews, we were all very apprehensive about the decision to hold the conference here. However, everything was fine. The rooms, while dated, were clean, the food was okay, and the staff friendly and courteous. We learned that a new management team had recently been brought in and was working very hard to bring up the hotel's standards and their efforts at providing good customer service were certainly evident. As a manager of an organization which is trying to improve itself, I can appreciate that this is no small feat and I applaud the work that they've done so far. It will be interesting to return at a later date and see their progress.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I attended a 3-day conference at the Eisenhower in October 2013. The staff was very welcoming, everything was clean and ready for our use. Mid-day breaks included lots of fresh veggies, pineapple and other fruit. My room was clean and fresh, with lots of space for my toiletries and clothing. The new management team has made it clear that this hotel and conference center is going to be updated and will become the premier location for travelers to Gettysburg - and they are on their way!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dravosburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

The Eisenhower is a very good value for anyone visiting on a budget, but they don't even give you morning coffee. They have a coffee maker in the room with powdered cream, yuck! They have a restaurant but the coffee is 2.50, with no refills. I'd rather pay a little bit more and get at least a good cup of coffee in the a.m. A small breakfast would be nice. There is no refrigerator in the room to keep anything and no microwave. The indoor pool area is absolutely beautiful, and I kept wondering why no one was in there anytime I passed by. Well i found out........the water is FREEZING! The hot tub was closed. The place is clean, the staff is nice, and the atmosphere is very nice. it is set back away from the highway and very rustic. But...... A good hot cup of coffee in the morning would have made all the difference for me! Thats not too much to ask!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
US
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

My second experience here was not much better then my first. We got stuck at the Eisenhower because while trying to book a room at the Aspire it took the person too long (over 20 minutes) to process the information so when they were putting the credit card in that room had already filled. I shouldn't have waited until the last minute to book the hotel but I didn't think there would be tons of people in Gettysburg at the end of September. Being a college student I can't afford to spend a ton of money on a hotel room I'll only be sleeping and showering in so I didn't have any other option at the time. My room was dingy, the ceiling tiles weren't perfectly flat, like someone had had to move them to fix something and never put them back in properly. The lighting was terrible and one of the lights had a busted shade that tilted to the side. The shower pressure was better this time but in Friday when we arrived our toilet didn't want to flush. When we woke up Saturday it was fine, which was a bit odd. I can't say anything more about this place then what I said last time. It needs a major revamp. They are trying to charge people $110 a night. It is not nice enough to spend that much, I would try someplace else. I don't mind driving a little ways to get where I have to go but in Gettysburg there are a lot more centrally located hotels for the same price. I'll make sure I book well ahead of time to avoid being stuck there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We choose this howl specifically because it had a hot tub, and the hot tub wasn't just closed, it was missing. Maybe they are replacing the unit? The indoor pool was supposed to be the consolation prize, but it was so, so cold (and I swim in the ocean in Maine....) The free internet in the room was so spotty it wrecked our plans to watch movies on our laptop - maybe some rooms are better than others? No free coffee. Never saw that before. The rooms are nothing special - typical of a $69/night roadside hotel. This place seems to specialize in being pet friendly. I have allergies, but the room was clean and I didn't get allergic from any prior pets. If you need a place to stay with your dog, this is a good choice, otherwise, I would go elsewhere.

Room Tip: A room closer to the front desk may have better internet. Ask about internet and the pool/hot tub si...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Eisenhower Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!