“Needs Updating but Decent Place to Stay” 3 of 5 stars

Eisenhower Hotel & Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2634 Emmitsburg Road, Gettysburg, PA 17325   |
Ranked #28 of 29 hotels in Gettysburg
ohio
“Needs Updating but Decent Place to Stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Front desk people were very friendly, room, which was in the main building, was clean but rooms need some freshening and was told by someone that would begin in 2014. I would stay there again to put it in perspective. Lobby area is good. The lounge is ok but wine menu is virtually nonexistent. The house chardonnay is "Copper Creek" and it was awful. Demand for wine must be very low so they don't even offer a semi-upscale brand like the ubiquitous Kendal Jackson or Mondavi. Beer options were good. The grounds seemed kept fairly well but we did not check out the mini-golf, laser tag, etc... Only 2 miles to G-burg National Park so location is great.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

315 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I read and write reviews and try to be fair. I read the review of the Eisenhower and decided to give it a chance. I was wrong.
The Hotel has two locations,being the Eisenhower and the Aspire which is a newer building next door. I was blessed with the Eisenhower.
I stayed in room 105, in the basement, and it looked everybit of a basement.
Opening the door you are greeted with a strange musty odor which really you can get use too with the AC on high for a few hours.The rooms needed to be updated about 20 years ago. Suspended ceilings like a 70's finished basement. old drapes with cob webs on top of them.
Two lamps worked by plugging then in and out to use them. Very few outlets. Plugs had to share time. Bathroom had a wet spot over the towel rack (only two towels in a double room). The spot had mold spots growing and something unknown hanging from it. In the morning the hanging thing had fallen onto the towel below and the floor. Item on floor was still there after the service "cleaned" the room. I could go on and on but i hope you get my point. Even the coffee was bad.
I will be back to Gettysburg but believe me i will not be back to the Eisenhower.
I normally tell everyone to form their own opinions. In this case please just don't take the chance unless your funds aren't good and you need a roof over your head.

Room Tip: Get a room at the Aspire
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Littlestown, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Planning a wedding or event for the Gettysburg, Pa area? I highly reccomend the Eisenhower Hotel! We got married June 22, 2013 and had our reception at the Eisenhower. My husband and I along with our families are still so impressed with how wonderful the reception was! I attribute that mostly to the staff and catering team. My husband and I were treated like royalty and that really is no exageration. We had our own assigned staff member who catered to our every need and she did such an awesome job! We never had to wait for a fresh drink there was always one ready for us at the table. This was just a small accomodation, there were so many others that suprised us in such a good way! The food was also delicious which is so important when feeding as many guests as we had (180+). Our guests still talk about how awesome our wedding was and that feels great to know they has such a good time because thats really what it all about: good times and great memories! I did not know about the Eisenhower before planning our Wedding nor did I know any staff members but the process has introduced me to a new set of people that I truly enjoy talking to and being around! Make sure to ask for Joe!! I can assure you if you have your event here you wont be dissapointed!!

In addition all our guests that stayed were very pleased with the hotel itself too, including us. :)

Thank you everyone again for making our day awesome!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Fairfax, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We have stayed here many times over the years. It is very convenient to the battlefield and the price is reasonable. But it is time for a good cleaning. The room we booked was very dirty, looked like it had not seen a vacuuming a long time. Checking in was a disgrace, one poor new employee left alone to handle 4 guests and answer the phones. No one expects the Ritz but come on!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Alameda, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I was raised to say nothing at all if you cannot say something good. But, this facility failed so much to meet my expectations I could not, in good conscience, allow another traveler to stay here without being forewarned.
The rooms had not been update since the early nineties, the mattress had not been changed in so long there where huge depressions in it, and the room stank of stale smoke (non-smoking room in theory).
It had sort of this mysterious funk that made me uncomfortable the minute I walked in.
I expected from a conference center a nice, welcoming place with good prices for those that stay off-peak (weekend for business hotels). I was so put-off I could not fathom eating there and found a nice coffee shop in downtown Gettysburg for breakfast.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We made reservations for 3 nights at the Eisenhower Hotel after looking up places to stay on line. We were close enough to the outlets, tours of Gettysburg, and a quick trip to Emmitsburg. Our stay was a pleasant one and the front desk staff helped us with anything we asked for. Was able to take a nice stroll after dinner along the lake and around the Event Complex next door then came back for a nice after dinner drink in the lounge area. My vehicle needs some attention before making the journey back to SC and the staff was able to tell me who to go to first thing on Monday morning. If I ever have the chance to come back to PA YES - I will stay at the Eisenhower Hotel. Hopefully in the winter time so I could enjoy the ski slopes. Thanks ~

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
St Benedict, PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

This was one of the worst hotels we ever stayed in.. I Book the room in July 2012. Then in August 2012 made a special trip to check out the room. We were shown a beautiful room two queen beds, sleeper sofa, nice and spacious. I called two days previous to our arrival to confirm our room would be on the ground floor. When we got there we were given a room on the second floor in the oldest stinkiest part of the hotel. I complain to the front desk who gave us a room on the first floor even worse than the room on the second floor. Finally we were given a room on poolside. This room was far from anything they had shown me in the year previous. It does not match anything on their website. We were charged $220 a night for this room. When I asked to speak to the manager about the bait and switch there was a long delay he actually avoided me although I could see him behind the counter. We ended up getting the room for$160 per night, Which was double the price that the room was worth. The room was dirty, not cleaned one day we were there, and we had to ask for towels every day. There was a $10 charge for every breakfast. The pool was down for three days of our stay Because a small child threw up in the pool. When asked about it, they said that they would get around to it. We left it was still closed. There was black mold on the floor around the pool and hair in the drain. The lock on our door to go out to the pool was missing. Thank goodness there were two big guys in my room or I would never have stayed there.

Room Tip: If you decide to choose the Eisenhower, insist that you get in the new part of the building. However...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Eisenhower Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!