“Overall Poor Experience” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 29 hotels in Gettysburg
Alameda, California
“Overall Poor Experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I was raised to say nothing at all if you cannot say something good. But, this facility failed so much to meet my expectations I could not, in good conscience, allow another traveler to stay here without being forewarned.
The rooms had not been update since the early nineties, the mattress had not been changed in so long there where huge depressions in it, and the room stank of stale smoke (non-smoking room in theory).
It had sort of this mysterious funk that made me uncomfortable the minute I walked in.
I expected from a conference center a nice, welcoming place with good prices for those that stay off-peak (weekend for business hotels). I was so put-off I could not fathom eating there and found a nice coffee shop in downtown Gettysburg for breakfast.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

315 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We made reservations for 3 nights at the Eisenhower Hotel after looking up places to stay on line. We were close enough to the outlets, tours of Gettysburg, and a quick trip to Emmitsburg. Our stay was a pleasant one and the front desk staff helped us with anything we asked for. Was able to take a nice stroll after dinner along the lake and around the Event Complex next door then came back for a nice after dinner drink in the lounge area. My vehicle needs some attention before making the journey back to SC and the staff was able to tell me who to go to first thing on Monday morning. If I ever have the chance to come back to PA YES - I will stay at the Eisenhower Hotel. Hopefully in the winter time so I could enjoy the ski slopes. Thanks ~

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
St Benedict, PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

This was one of the worst hotels we ever stayed in.. I Book the room in July 2012. Then in August 2012 made a special trip to check out the room. We were shown a beautiful room two queen beds, sleeper sofa, nice and spacious. I called two days previous to our arrival to confirm our room would be on the ground floor. When we got there we were given a room on the second floor in the oldest stinkiest part of the hotel. I complain to the front desk who gave us a room on the first floor even worse than the room on the second floor. Finally we were given a room on poolside. This room was far from anything they had shown me in the year previous. It does not match anything on their website. We were charged $220 a night for this room. When I asked to speak to the manager about the bait and switch there was a long delay he actually avoided me although I could see him behind the counter. We ended up getting the room for$160 per night, Which was double the price that the room was worth. The room was dirty, not cleaned one day we were there, and we had to ask for towels every day. There was a $10 charge for every breakfast. The pool was down for three days of our stay Because a small child threw up in the pool. When asked about it, they said that they would get around to it. We left it was still closed. There was black mold on the floor around the pool and hair in the drain. The lock on our door to go out to the pool was missing. Thank goodness there were two big guys in my room or I would never have stayed there.

Room Tip: If you decide to choose the Eisenhower, insist that you get in the new part of the building. However...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Oxford, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

When we first arrived at the Eisenhower for a weekend of base ball, they told us that we were staying in the next building over - the Aspire. When we arrived to check in they told us that they didn't actually have a reservation for us (even though we made one online through their website), but that it wasn't a problem and that they would take care of everything. They did. We were in Room 510 which was large and clean and cold (in a good way...). Every time we passed the front desk during our four day stay, they said hello to us, asked how we were doing, and asked how we were making out in the tournament. I thought they couldn't be nicer UNTIL they allowed us to check out late so that we could come back and shower before our three hour ride home. I will stay there again. In fact, the Eisenhower/Aspire is the only place that I will stay from now on in Gettysburg. A great experience!

Room Tip: Ask to stay in the Aspire wing.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I need to learn to read the Hotel Reviews before I book a place. Very disappointing stay. The security door #B was broken and the slide bar lock on my room door was broken, so I did not feel very safe. Our room was musty, and the AC only had 2 level, on and off. I was freezing the entire time. Carpet was so dirty and stained I was afraid to walk barefoot. Bed slanted, so it you were to close to the edge you would slide off. The couch and chair in the room so old and stained, we didn't even sit on them. Nice pool but the floor was dirty and there was no Jacuzzi, I thought that the description of the pool area as "tropical decor with pool and Jacuzzi"?? Maybe I read it wrong.
The staff did seem friendly
Definitely not work the money. I stayed in a travel lodge that was in better shape and it was $59 a night. I don't mind paying the money, but since the comfort of my hotel room is important this was a bust.

Room Tip: Well apparently they have some rooms that have been remodeled, I would ask for those if you want to...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hanover, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Becky helped me plan and book my stay. She was quick to answer emails and definately went above and beyond what I could have ever imagined! Best booking experience I have ever had. I definately recommend this hotel!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Staff was awesome!!! Came to play vintage baseball, stayed two nights and the rooms were great and clean. Best thing was that we had a late game Sunday and they allowed us to come back to our room late in the day to take a shower before a 6 hour road trip! Hotels usually aren't this accommodating! Lilanni, Beth, and Ryan at the Eisenhower helped make our stay a great one, we'll be back next year!

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Eisenhower Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!