I was raised to say nothing at all if you cannot say something good. But, this facility failed so much to meet my expectations I could not, in good conscience, allow another traveler to stay here without being forewarned.
The rooms had not been update since the early nineties, the mattress had not been changed in so long there where huge depressions in it, and the room stank of stale smoke (non-smoking room in theory).
It had sort of this mysterious funk that made me uncomfortable the minute I walked in.
I expected from a conference center a nice, welcoming place with good prices for those that stay off-peak (weekend for business hotels). I was so put-off I could not fathom eating there and found a nice coffee shop in downtown Gettysburg for breakfast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eisenhower is a unique resort with taste, style, and a staff proud of it's tradition of friendly attentive service. It's the hotel that guests remember with pleasure and return to again and again. Make The Eisenhower your Gettysburg Address and you're only minutes from the Historic Gettysburg National Military Park, golf, and skiing. Check-in is at 3pm. Check-out is 11am. Cancellation Policy: 24 hours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Eisenhower Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eisenhower Inn And Conference Center
- Eisenhower Hotel Gettysburg