“Could not have been more accommodating” 5 of 5 stars

Eisenhower Hotel & Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2634 Emmitsburg Road, Gettysburg, PA 17325   |
Ranked #26 of 29 Hotels in Gettysburg
Oxford, Pennsylvania, United States
“Could not have been more accommodating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

When we first arrived at the Eisenhower for a weekend of base ball, they told us that we were staying in the next building over - the Aspire. When we arrived to check in they told us that they didn't actually have a reservation for us (even though we made one online through their website), but that it wasn't a problem and that they would take care of everything. They did. We were in Room 510 which was large and clean and cold (in a good way...). Every time we passed the front desk during our four day stay, they said hello to us, asked how we were doing, and asked how we were making out in the tournament. I thought they couldn't be nicer UNTIL they allowed us to check out late so that we could come back and shower before our three hour ride home. I will stay there again. In fact, the Eisenhower/Aspire is the only place that I will stay from now on in Gettysburg. A great experience!

Room Tip: Ask to stay in the Aspire wing.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I need to learn to read the Hotel Reviews before I book a place. Very disappointing stay. The security door #B was broken and the slide bar lock on my room door was broken, so I did not feel very safe. Our room was musty, and the AC only had 2 level, on and off. I was freezing the entire time. Carpet was so dirty and stained I was afraid to walk barefoot. Bed slanted, so it you were to close to the edge you would slide off. The couch and chair in the room so old and stained, we didn't even sit on them. Nice pool but the floor was dirty and there was no Jacuzzi, I thought that the description of the pool area as "tropical decor with pool and Jacuzzi"?? Maybe I read it wrong.
The staff did seem friendly
Definitely not work the money. I stayed in a travel lodge that was in better shape and it was $59 a night. I don't mind paying the money, but since the comfort of my hotel room is important this was a bust.

Room Tip: Well apparently they have some rooms that have been remodeled, I would ask for those if you want to...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hanover, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Becky helped me plan and book my stay. She was quick to answer emails and definately went above and beyond what I could have ever imagined! Best booking experience I have ever had. I definately recommend this hotel!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Staff was awesome!!! Came to play vintage baseball, stayed two nights and the rooms were great and clean. Best thing was that we had a late game Sunday and they allowed us to come back to our room late in the day to take a shower before a 6 hour road trip! Hotels usually aren't this accommodating! Lilanni, Beth, and Ryan at the Eisenhower helped make our stay a great one, we'll be back next year!

• Stayed July 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Great location, great service and awesome staff in the hotel lounge.
Would and will definitely come back again! Well worth the visit! Lalani is a great quality staff person and worth visiting in the bar. Will be booking the same hotel when I return to visit again this fall.

• Stayed July 2013
Winchester, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We have stayed at the Eisenhower for bike week for the last five years. The staff is always friendly and see to any needs we may have. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The breakfast bar could stand some improvement but overall a great place to stay!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
New Market, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

My family stayed here during the 150th battle of Gettysburg Aniversary and it was great location at a reasonalbe price considering the weekend we were there. There is a small amusement park type area on site with a go cart track and other fun stuff to do.

Room Tip: Be sure to spend the little extra money for the large suite room
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Eisenhower Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!