We just got back from a 3 night stay at the Eisenhower. After reading the reviews I was a little apprehensive but after checking in, I was happy to find a clean room although its age is showing.
It looks like it was quite a hotel in its day but a major update is needed to keep people coming. We noticed numerous areas where the ceiling had been damaged by water leaks in several different parts of the complex.
Hotel staff were friendly and polite. We were there to attend a national dog show and found that the staff were very accommodating considering the amount of dogs in the building.
We didn't eat at the onsite restaurant but heard mixed reviews.
Overall, although our stay was satisfactory, the owner(s) need to make a significant investment in order to update a dated facility.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eisenhower is a unique resort with taste, style, and a staff proud of it's tradition of friendly attentive service. It's the hotel that guests remember with pleasure and return to again and again. Make The Eisenhower your Gettysburg Address and you're only minutes from the Historic Gettysburg National Military Park, golf, and skiing. Check-in is at 3pm. Check-out is 11am. Cancellation Policy: 24 hours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Eisenhower Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eisenhower Inn And Conference Center
- Eisenhower Hotel Gettysburg