Have stayed at this hotel several times in the past for a yearly business event, the hotel is slightly dated but certainly acceptable. The staff at the Eisenhower brings to mind President Kennedy's famous description of Washington DC: it has all the best of Northern charm and Southern efficiency! To say the Eisenhower's staff is brisk is putting it nicely. Others might say unnecessarily rude and unhelpful but the job gets done.
For our latest stay our room was in the old original building, facing the back parking lot. The room was spacious and the beds were comfortable with lots of pillows, everything was very clean.
We had room service for dinner and the food was old school tasty (yum!)--salads with blue cheese dressing, pasta alfredo and cheeseburgers with swiss, mushrooms and grilled onions.
While we were there the VFW was having a gathering in the hotel and it was packed with attendees. While we respect and appreciate the service of these veterans of our armed forces, we were awakened at 2 a.m. and kept awake till 4 by revellers in the back parking lot, right outside our window, after the hotel bar closed. One woman kept hooting and hollaring so loud she could be heard over the air conditioning unit in our room.
Thankfully after 4 the parking lot party broke up. It does seem like the management should have been aware of the noise level and its disturbance to other guests. The VFW had been there all week though so maybe management felt the folks deserved one last party before departure. Unbelievably, they were all gone before 10 the next morning! Tough stuff.
All in all a good stay, we were very comfortable in our room, which included a flat screen tv, a task desk, seating area with two arm chairs and plenty of lamp lighting. A fridge/micro should be added to each room tho, this is becoming standard in almost all hotel rooms.
In spite of a few complaints, we'll be back next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eisenhower is a unique resort with taste, style, and a staff proud of it's tradition of friendly attentive service. It's the hotel that guests remember with pleasure and return to again and again. Make The Eisenhower your Gettysburg Address and you're only minutes from the Historic Gettysburg National Military Park, golf, and skiing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Eisenhower Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eisenhower Inn And Conference Center
- Eisenhower Hotel Gettysburg