“"Great Burger & Sports Bar"” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Pub
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Reservations
Arvada, Colorado
“"Great Burger & Sports Bar"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

We really enjoyed the different burgers (named after the Union & Confederate Generals), I had the Reynold's Burger and my fiancee had the Armistead Burger. In addition to the great food, we were able to watch various football games while we ate. The servers, although busy, were very attentive.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Iron Gate, Virginia
“Battlefield closed, time to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

WOW! asked some locals where they eat. They recommended Blue and Gray. Awesome burgers. Took the waitresses suggestions and had the Sickles Burger (named after generals). My wife wound up stealing a good bit of my burger. Great food, reasonable prices, very friendly staff. Thanks for the uplift after finding the battlefield closed.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
East Liverpool, Ohio
“Not what I would rank as a highlight.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Maybe it was a bad day for the place, but my visit to this bar & grill was not good.
When we walked in, we waited to be seated. There were many open tables, but we waited for a good five minutes until someone came over and sat us.
The waitress came and took our drink order, and was back and forth to our area three times before she brought our beverages.
I ordered a 1.2 dozen of the Irish Brigade (raspberry Jalapeno) wings, and I asked if I could please have them crispy. The waitress sighed, and said sure. When I received my wings, they didn't even looked like they were fully cooked. It took me practically raising my hand, like a child in school, to get her attention. She asked if my wings were good, and I pointed out the issue. She took them and said it would be taken care of. I never saw the wings again, and I had to fight tooth & nail to get them taken off my bill. Why should I pay for something that I never ate?!
The two meals we ordered were the General John Bell Hood burger, and the Carolina Style Pulled Pork Sandwich.
The burger was covered in chili and jalapenos, and had no flavor to it. I don't know how that's possible, with those two toppings, but it was very bland.
The pulled pork was the best part of the visit. That, I can honestly say, I would get again. But that was the only good thing about the entire meal.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Southwest Gulf Coast, Florida
“Great burgers!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

A very good bar with typical bar food selections. We tried two of the burgers. Their burgers are named for generals of the Civil War. My General Roberts burger was made with a corn fritter & a hot bacon dressing on a pretzel roll - delicous. My husband got the General Armisted burger which had pulled pork and cole slaw. Both came with a choice of fries or chips - we opted for the sweet potato fries. This is a place to relax and enjoy good food and the many tv's they have around the bar & dining room.

Visited October 2013
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“bad experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

not recommended at all we wait for food and drinks more the 30 min and service was poor, over pricing

Visited September 2013