“Excellent experience” 5 of 5 stars

13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Excellent experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I've been to a few of these types of businesses all over the U.S. and I can say with good conscience that this was by far the best experience between all of them. The owners (a couple) could not have been more pleasant; taking the time to show our group of nine (9) all about the process including both the chemicals, camera mechanicals and the costumes. Our entire group was very impressed and will definitely return when we make our annual visit.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank JHTraveler64

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We wanted to memorialize our trip to Gettysburg for our anniversary. This was definitely an excellent choice. The special attention to detail and the experience of having an authentic old time photo with genuine antique equipment was the best! We highly recommend a photo by Gibson!!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Becki C
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Amazing work and extremely nice gentleman!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I am totally blown away by the 1-star review someone posted! I don't attempt to second-guess various experiences that folks have but what is described here - does not described either Rob or his work!!!!

I waltzed into Gibson's for the first time way-back-when in 1999, literally couple of days after they opened their door. It took me and my wife all but 2 mins to decide to have a plate done.... The rest, as they say, is HISTORY!!!

I cannot even try to count how many times I have returned, sometimes by myself, sometimes with family, sometimes with friends. Some of these times new plates (both glass and tin as well as accompanying copies of paper CdVs) were made, some - it was solely a "tourist stop" (esp. for the folks who've never been before). EVERY SINGLE TIME Rob was courteous, helpful, very professional and more than willing to share his knowledge and to show around the studio. I also have never had any complaints about the quality of work - everything I have is first rate!

Rob is renown in the CW Living History & Re-Enactment circles. His work is known throughout the country and perhaps in some corners of the World. He was invited to document the filming of "Gods and Generals" and did a superb job of that. And if one said "Get a Gibson" (or "I got a Gibson") some of us would immediately know what he was talking about...and it aint a guitar!!!!

There are other studios in Gettysburg incl. the truly "cheesy" touristy ones where you can play "dress-up" for a $20.00 shot. If anyone has any "reservations" about Gibson Studio, prices, quality of work and Rob's personality - they are more than welcome to go there - chances are THERE they'll get what they paid for....

Visited September 2012
1 Thank CWBuff
So Plainfield
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Unique Gettysburg experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

If you want a tin type photo during the summer season, MAKE AN APPOINTMENT in advance. We had a 1:00pm appointment, and even through there were walk-ins, we were taken right away. Since it was the 150th anniversary of the Gettysburg battel, my husband wanted to be a Union Gerneal. His outfit was amazing! It was so authentic and he even had a great coat. Rob was by himself and very busy; my dress was baggy and huge and reminded me of a potato sack. I did get to wear a cute hat and hair net, but I wished a woman could have helped me. We had our dog, and Rob was very accomodating in having him in the picture. Watching the picture develop was amazing, we were captivated. Rob was very friendly and made us feel welcome. We spent $169.00 and received a tin photo in a beautiful replica frame, one 5"x7" photo and 4 wallet size photos, all beautifully mounted. Just the tin photo was $85.00. We will definitely be back as we really enjoyed the experience and I would have given 5 stars if poor Rob had some help, it was really busy! By the way, our dog never moved and came out crystal clear in the photo. Rob does keep the negatives on file, so yo can call and order more at any time.

Visited July 2013
3 Thank Janette W
Gibsonia, Pennsylvania
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Incredible photographs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I enjoy seeing the photos that Rob takes. Everyone who works here is very friendly and learning about the whole photography process was very interesting.

Visited July 2013