“Decent Campground, Mixed Feelings” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Round Top Campground

Round Top Campground
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Round Top Campground
You added Round Top Campground to your Saves list
180 Knight Road, Gettysburg, PA 17325   |
Baltimore, Maryland
“Decent Campground, Mixed Feelings”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

This was the second time I stayed at little roundtop. This time we had booked 2 nights in a rustic cabin.

When I called and made the reservation, I expressed it would be a late check in. The man I spoke with said that was fine, but when we arrived at only 8 pm the camp store was already closed. This is probably my fault for not double checking on times. I also did not see the drop box with the keys to the cabin. Once again, miscommunication between the campground and I. However, when I made multiple calls to the after hours kiosk and after hours security, the phone went straight to voicemail. We ended up driving to the Eisenhower Hotel.

The next day, I called and expressed what had happened, and although they said they recieved no calls from us that previous night, they refunded our first night. It stinks we missed out on our first night, and I wish I would have seen the drop box, although I feel that if there were better communication between the campground and I beforehand, this all could have been avoided.

As for the cabin we stayed in, it was nice and clean. Has linoleum floors, a table with 4 chairs, a fridge, a double bed, and up above a loft (bring an extra mattress and you could easily fit 4-5 kids up there). No running water or anything, but the walk to the bathrooms isn't too terribly bad. Just make sure you take a lantern or flashlight or something with you, that part of the campground isn't too well lit.

We didn't have any problems the night we camped there. The rustic cabins were at the edge of the campground, yes you can hear some traffic but not enough to bother anyone.

Overall, its a good campground. I think if they can improve on anything it is communication with guests and also the presence of security. I didn't see anyone around the campsite, they didn't answer their phones, I would hate to know what would happen in a real emergency. The facilities are clean, and the staff is helpful. I would definitely stay again, but I may look around and see if there are other options next time, also.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We set this trip up last minute for a holiday weekend... We were offered 2 sites both with septic tanks not underground sewer. New to RVing- I dont care. FYI- take a piece of gutter or PVC pipe to keep your sewage drain line up (trip to Lowes).
We were in the Devils Den section- great location with a big turn and tight for bigger RVs. We had lot 49 and it provided lots of space and quiet. The area looked a little run down but its a campground! Everyone we spoke to was nice and helpful even the seasonal residents. Bud from 47 stopped over to check on us and see if we needed anything (apparently we looked new to this lol).
All of the staff we encountered were nice and helpful. The location is great- 2 turns and less then 5 minutes your on the battlefields. I would not hesitate to go back one day.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Newberry, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

This campground is right off route 15 and very convenient to the battleground and is kid friendly. Unfortunately, location is about all this place has going for it compared to other nearby campgrounds. Yes there is a pool! and yes there is a game room, but unless you are under 18, you probably won't be using them with all the kids around. The sites are stacked together offering little shade and even less privacy. Wi-fi is a pay for use deal here and if you want cable, be sure the site they give you has a hook- up for it. Round Top has a large number of seasonal campers that race around the place in noisy golf carts. Before reserving at Round Top, check other campgrounds in the area first since they are nicer, quieter, shadier, and cost the same.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dundalk, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

First and foremost I have been camping at Roundtop for a number of years, I find that the staff is very friendly and very helpful with getting you in a camping spot that you would like. Brett could not have been more helpful to get us in the spot we had wanted. We know alot of people that camp at Roundtop and we are all just 1 big happy family when we go there.

I truly enjoy camping there we have alot of fun never had any problems whatsoever with anyone
and we continue to go to Roundtop to see the wonderful people that are there visiting or seasonal.

The restrooms have always been excellent and the store stockedwith just about everything that is needed.Again I have nothing but good things to say about Roundtop and we will continue to camp there.

Great job Roundtop

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Wife and I stayed at Round Top July 4th week cost us a lot of money for the week but we figured what the heck looked nice from the pictures. The first thing I noticed was our sight was next to a full timer who stored scrap metal at his camp sight. The next thing was the bathroom was small and very old but it was kept clean. The pool was nice but that's about it everything else was run down and needed repair . The fire pit was a old truck rim right on the road next to our car. The campground is half campers and half trailer park. The security is a joke they have very little. The staff was very nice and helpful.
We will not stay at Round Top campground anymore we will stay at either Drummer Boy or the KOA down the road.

Word of advice split the two parks apart upgrade to KOA standards and make it so you wish you didn't have to leave.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

The staff was extremely rude and the "manager" Brett couldn't have been more rude if he tried. I was a seasonal camper for 3 years and had a great time there until they hired him. At 9 months pregnant my site was flooded bc of one of the MANY water leaks they had there. I slipped and fell in the mud Pitt that was surrounding my trailer. I went to speak with him about this to see if we could get the water leak tended to. It was 4 days before the maintenance tended to this leak after speaking with him. Needless to say we pulled our trailer from this campground along with about 30 other seasonal campers. This man is rude, disrespectful and has no clue how to run a campground

• Stayed October 2012
RTCM, Manager at Round Top Campground, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Lisa, thank you for the opportunity to respond to your comments. It was unfortunate and avoidable that your actions back on July 6, 2012 resulted in your removal from the campground. I'm not clear regarding your remarks on water leaks in or around site 259 or on the Culp's Hill area. The incident report detailing your departure notes an electrical cord failure on your camping trailer. This was due to overloaded demand from running your trailer, AC in addition to outdoor appliances. That situation resulted in a disturbance and offensive display in our camp store.
Roaring Spring, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

If you have a big rig and slides you do not want in Devils Den area. Sites have big rocks in them. There is only one way out and you have to go up a hill and around a sharp turn. We have a 36ft fifth wheel and I had to walked behind it and watch so we could get up and around the turn to get out and we was very close to hitting trees. My husband drives truck so he has a good idea what to do, if it was someone else, don't know how they would get out. Also this area you have a big black tank you hook-up to for your sewer. Never was told this when making the reservations. I left a review on their website but it was never posted. Guess they only post the good ones.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Round Top Campground? Share your experiences!