“Never again” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Round Top Campground

Round Top Campground
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Prices are for rooms, adults
Round Top Campground
Save Saved
You added Round Top Campground to your Saves list
180 Knight Road, Gettysburg, PA 17325   |
“Never again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

The staff was extremely rude and the "manager" Brett couldn't have been more rude if he tried. I was a seasonal camper for 3 years and had a great time there until they hired him. At 9 months pregnant my site was flooded bc of one of the MANY water leaks they had there. I slipped and fell in the mud Pitt that was surrounding my trailer. I went to speak with him about this to see if we could get the water leak tended to. It was 4 days before the maintenance tended to this leak after speaking with him. Needless to say we pulled our trailer from this campground along with about 30 other seasonal campers. This man is rude, disrespectful and has no clue how to run a campground

• Stayed October 2012
RTCM, Manager at Round Top Campground, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Lisa, thank you for the opportunity to respond to your comments. It was unfortunate and avoidable that your actions back on July 6, 2012 resulted in your removal from the campground. I'm not clear regarding your remarks on water leaks in or around site 259 or on the Culp's Hill area. The incident report detailing your departure notes an electrical cord failure on your camping trailer. This was due to overloaded demand from running your trailer, AC in addition to outdoor appliances. That situation resulted in a disturbance and offensive display in our camp store.

84 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Roaring Spring, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

If you have a big rig and slides you do not want in Devils Den area. Sites have big rocks in them. There is only one way out and you have to go up a hill and around a sharp turn. We have a 36ft fifth wheel and I had to walked behind it and watch so we could get up and around the turn to get out and we was very close to hitting trees. My husband drives truck so he has a good idea what to do, if it was someone else, don't know how they would get out. Also this area you have a big black tank you hook-up to for your sewer. Never was told this when making the reservations. I left a review on their website but it was never posted. Guess they only post the good ones.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hanover, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Met the owner at a camping show in York, PA, I asked him exactly where his campground was located, he said it was off Route 15, I asked him if you could hear the traffic and he said no! Well sorry to say all you hear at night is tractor trailers and cars racing down the road. Our site surrounded by roads and was extremely close to the site next to us. The seasonal campers would constantly drive their golf carts all night around our site. I don't think I will ever stay here again, it cost me 54.90 per night!

• Stayed April 2013
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We thought the campground was nice until we had the displeasure of meeting the Season Campers which are the majority of the sites who thought they owned the entire campground not just the sites they paid for.... With such childish actions of placing things on my camper when we went for walks or tieing their dogs behind the camper so they were on our site on purpose to cat calls in the night to try to harass us... We had heard that these things happened here but did not believe what I was told until that weekend. Been campng for 20 plus years spent one weekend here and never will again.... What I was told was trure.... Seasonals think they own the campground so let them have it all..... Not the place for decent people to stay and have fun....

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Edgewood, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I have been visiting Round Top Campground for about 25 years. Every October there are over 20 of us and we rent out the lower circle of the campground and some cottages. The kids enjoy the variety of activities offered; however, the adults have noticed MANY changes over the years but this is tradition so we continue to return. The bathrooms are in need of serious remodeling, especially the mens room. This is an overall good campground, I just wish things could be like they used to be years ago.

Room Tip: Select a site in the middle of the campground if possible to avoid road/highway noise as it can be p...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Joppa, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

On the weekend of Oct 6th 2012 we stayed at the campground. My family and I had a wonderful stay. The campground was quiet and relaxing. It was close to everything. The store was well equipped with supplies we needed and the people were very friendly. The campgrounds were very clean and easy to maneuver. We had no trouble finding our site which was spacious. The only thing bad I can say about this campground was the highway noise. Yes it was loud but it did not ruin our stay. There are people who live there year round but most are older retired folk who were very pleasant and quiet. We stayed in our travel trailer near the 200 sites. The previous reviews for this campground scared me a lot but I did not find most of them to be true. Try it for yourself and I am sure you will be pleasantly surprised.

Room Tip: There is a Round Top mobile home park you must pass first to get to the campground entrance. Don'...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Mountville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I want everyone to know how amazing the staff is there. You would think everyone there was family! They all get along so well and it makes campers even more welcome. During my entire stay there, I think I had only seen one staff member not smile nearly as much. It was a great time for my family and I. AMAZING turn around from the last time I visited the area. Keep up the good work Round Top. God Bless!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Round Top Campground? Share your experiences!