“Midnight the day after a full moon” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Bridges
Attraction Details
Mooresville, NC
7 attraction reviews
“Midnight the day after a full moon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We went to Sachs Bridge this past Tuesday night. Hadn't planned to go so late but by the time we checked into The Lodges at Gettysburg and got directions, it was past midnight when we arrived at the bridge. Thankfully it had been a full moon the night before and that helped a little because it is dark there, as in very dark, no lights at all. My family of 5 were the only living beings there but looking at our photos once we returned home yesterday we weren't truly alone. Quite a few photos had orbs. The next morning we ventured back and walked the paths across and around the bridge. I definitely recommend going both at night and in the day for two very different experiences.

Columbus, Ohio
9 attraction reviews
“Eerie”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Spent some time after hours here, definitely felt the presence of another realm of existence. Some more obnoxious people visited too, hiding their uneasiness with this feeling behind a mask of childish playfulness. A check on the things to do/place to visit while here list.

East Meadow
13 attraction reviews
“Ghostly encounter”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

This place is so spooky. I actually think that I had a ghostly encounter. I was on the bridge, it was dark, and someone (or thing) blew cigar smoke in my face. You have to check it out.

Glens Falls, New York
4 attraction reviews
“Checking for Ghosts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

This was a little hard to find, as it's not correctly listed in Google Maps or MapQuest. The bridge itself was restored after a 1996 flood pushed it off its piers. The workers did an excellent job. If you are a fan of covered bridge architecture, this bridge is awesome. It is said that the bridge is haunted. I took several pictures in hopes of catching a ghost, but I guess they don't come out on hot summer days. My son, who is Military, was standing on the bridge and turned to talk to my wife, who he thought was next to him, but she wasn't there and no one else was either. So I guess you could call that an "experience", but there was no proof of any spirits that we could find.

Visited June 2013
Schenectady, New York
16 attraction reviews
“not alot to see”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Took a trip to see the famous Sachs birdge. It is acessable to everyone which is nice, but it is just kind of there. Graffiti covers some of the bridge which is kind of a bummer. It's a good picture opportunity.

Visited October 2012