“Hell on earth” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 29 Hotels in Gettysburg
Annville, Pennsylvania
“Hell on earth”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2010

My husband and I went to gettysburg for a little vacation before our son was born (I was 8 months preg) We made reservations here for the weekend. It took 15 min to check in because he had to dig our key out of a cardboard box when we finally got to our room it stank horrible!!! There were stains on the walls and celings and on the carpet. i looked in the bachroom and there was still hair in the tub. the nastiest park was when i looked under the bed i found someones dirty clothing and silverfish (which are bugs). oh and the staff was a nightmare and big surprise I couldnt understand a word they said because it was barley coheirent english. We had to stay there that night because we didnt have a choice in the matter, but the next day I went in demanding our money back (which I got but not without a fight) that night we went to a campground and went to a cabin it was very nice and very clean. out visit was in 12 Aug 2007.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Picture Rocks, Pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2010

This is a "no-frills" place, which is great! We don't want frills, and don't want to pay for them!! We started staying here 20 years ago, when our family of five found affordable accommodations . . . . and now that our three children are in college, we STILL come here, because it's HOME now!! True, it's undergone some changes, and some different owners, but the current owner has restored and improved it. It's affordable, clean, and far enough outside of town that you don't have the noise factor. It's a comfortable place to stay - and it's always where we look FIRST for rooms!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2010

Friendly to dogs!! Nice family runs it; gracious people. Room is comfortable enough: good AC, refrigerator. A good spot for going into G-burg or shooting down to Maryland.
Pool is nice. Stayed for a week each of the last two summers. Its ease and convenience makes likely i will return to G-burg soon. Big comfortable bed. Good prices!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
NH
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

This was the worst hotel that I have been to! Three of our six rooms had to get changed because the water smelled like sulfur! It acttually made one of my colleagues throw up it was so bad! The guy in the office was extreamley rude to all of us! he wouldn't make the coffe unless there were atleast 7 people that were going to have some! He said that it would be a waist to make it! I would never recomend this hotel to anyone that I know and not even to people that I don't know! And to top it all off he tried charging us extra because we were using credit cards to pay for the rooms! All in All this was one of the worst experiences that I have had!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2009

If you are looking for a quiet, away from the noise, place to relax then this is the spot. The rates were reasonable. The room was made up everyday. Only a few minutes out of town and close to the battlefield. If you are looking for a 5 star hotel, this is may not be it. It had everything I needed in a hotel. The rooms were clean, the service was good and overall the value was there. I would stay there again and would not hesitate to recommend it

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
Northern New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2009

I called hotel directly to make resevations spoke with Dipti (Female) for Memorial Day weekend. Questioned her about the pool just to make sure they had one open. This was a factor in booking a hotel. She stated they did but the water would be too cold for the kids. I told her it didn't matter as long as they can enjoy the pool. When we arrived and checked in. The elderly man at the desk stated the pool was missing a part and reached under the counter and showed us a disc shape object. Which he stated was the wrong part. He was waiting for a correct one(?). He did reduce the night stay $10 to compensate for no pool. When I looked over the old fence at the pool I saw that this pool needed more than a part and it was empty. It looks like it hasn't been used for a few years. The pool chairs, hose and shed looked like it all belonged in the garbage. Hotel needs work. Not kept up. Run Down. Room was clean. Bathroom was clean. List of ammenities are incorrect. They do charge you the full 2 nights stay upon check in. I guess they don't want you to leave with out paying or staying the full reservation. We will never stay in a Red Carpit Inn again.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2009

My husband and I visit Gettysburg a couple times a year and we have stayed in numerous hotels. I received better hospitality here than at any other hotel I have stayed in Gettysburg. Out of all that we have stayed it the staff "manager" was very nice they I feel that he went out of his way to make us feel comfortable during our stay. Yes this is an older hotel, but with todays economy if you want to travel and have some where to lay your head at night you have to stay in your budget. Like I said even though this is an older hotel it was very clean and the staff was wonderful. It was better than I expected for the price I paid for my stay. It was well worth the money I paid and more. This really went to show me do not judge a book by its cover. I have made reservations for our next 3 trips to Gettysburgh. It is only a couple of miles from town and it is in a very quiet area. If you look beyond the age of the hotel you will see that there is more to it and I sure you will be happy with your stay and the staff.

Sherri Eldreth
Delaware

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
dipika, Manager at Red Carpet Inn Gettysburg, responded to this review, April 30, 2009
Thank you for your good review about our motel and also thank you for your time. we will try to give you our best service in your future trip and thank you for staying with us.

Been to Red Carpet Inn Gettysburg? Share your experiences!