“great place to stay and they treat you like family” 5 of 5 stars

Red Carpet Inn Gettysburg
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2450 Emmitsburg Road, Gettysburg, PA 17325   |
Ranked #29 of 29 Hotels in Gettysburg
Baltimore, Maryland
“great place to stay and they treat you like family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is a great place to stay I cant see how anyone could have a problem with it. My husband and I stay here every year for the pass three years. You will not find a place as cheap as this in Gettysburg and its nice and clean. The pool is great this was our first year staying in the summer months usually we stay in Oct or Nov. I have never had a problem with needing towels or blankets or extra pillows there are plenty of them. The staff has always treated us like family and they are very kind. There is a refrigerator and microwave and cable tv and wifi in every room and ac . The shower has plenty of hot or cold water to .Its also very quiet there I have no problem taking my grandson there to stay. I would recommend the red carpet inn to anyone Its a great family oriented place to stay and you cant beat the price and its very clean and two mins from the middle of gettysburg ! Believe me I'm picky I would not recommend this place if I didn't think it was a secure and clean comfortable place. Cant wait to go back !

Room Tip: any room will do cant beat the price ! and its the only hotel room around there that I know of you c...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Cudahy, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We drove all night and were extremely tired. I found this place and thought we will check it out. We went there and was shown a room that looked like a basement with a smell like a basement. My husband said can you show us something better and he took us to the top floor rooms. Not at all smelly. The only reason why he showed us the basement room is because it had queen beds and a bigger room. We thought for the price we could do do 2 rooms and have a nicer room. He allowed us to check in really early which was great for us. We thought we would stay 2 night and paid. After all of us getting a second wind we saw everything we wanted to see and asked for our money back for the 2nd night. It was not problem at all. It was clean and small but we just needed a place to sleep. The pool was nice too. refreshing dip after a long day of sight seeing.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the basement part of the motel stay in the reg rooms.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Knox, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We needed a last minute room to attend a funeral. The rooms are super small requiring us to walk sideways to get around the bed. Our room was clean, but we could see thru the towels. When we asked for pool towels, we were given hand towels and a bath mat. The staff was friendly, I think. Very little English was spoken so I'm not sure what was said most of the time. The pool, however, was delightful. It helped to have a couple chairs outside the rooms so we had somewhere to sit.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Tinton Falls, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

If you need a place close to the Military Park, this place fits the bill. It has a small pool, but we did not have time to use it.

Sort of pricy given the accommodations, but we booked late, so maybe that's why.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Milford, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

In need of a room for my family on a Friday night led me to the only available rooms in town. I booked online and when I arrived the operator wanted to charge my card again, it seems he was not aware how online booking worked. The motel is very dated and in dire need of major attention. It seems most reviews lacked in depth honesty on this operation, dated yes, dirty carpets, rooms in neglect, the downstairs room was a basement, complete with cinder block walls. A strong smell of mildew filled both rooms access to the wash sink was made by climbing over your bed to get there. The AC in each room seemed to do nothing but spread the mildew smell, filters dirty, control knobs you didn't want to touch. I will never use this location again.

Room Tip: go to another motel
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Picture Rocks, Pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

As usual, we returned to Perfect Rest/Red Carpet when we re-visited Gettysburg. The room had been re-done with new carpet, and the owner recognized us from all our previous visits. This is by no means a "luxury" hotel, but it is "our" place when we're in Gettysburg! Nothing fancy, nothing fantastic, but the sunrise from the balcony one morning was SPECTACULAR . . .something you'd not see if you'd stayed in town. This place is quiet, it's safe, and it's HOME for us!!! Thanks, Dell!!!

Room Tip: There are family rooms as well as smoking and non-smoking.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

On the good side, the rooms were dated, but clean. The pool was broken and had been since last winter, a fact that the managment knew and decided to do nothing about. The continental breakfast was non existent (coffee was available - but only between 7 to 9 - this sign appeared one day above the coffee maker) but there really was NO continental breakfast - sorry corn muffins and packaged danish, when available, didnt cut it. Towels were sometimes in short supply. Bottom line, if you can find another motel to stay at - do so. The management here lied to us about the pool and about some other items. They also gouged on the rate of the rooms, prices seemed to vary between guests. Would not return to this motel under any circumstance.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Red Carpet Inn Gettysburg? Share your experiences!