“Our stay at the Red Carpet Inn, Gettysburg” 2 of 5 stars

Red Carpet Inn Gettysburg
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2450 Emmitsburg Road, Gettysburg, PA 17325   |
Ranked #29 of 29 hotels in Gettysburg
Hamilton, Canada
“Our stay at the Red Carpet Inn, Gettysburg”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

the pool was closed, found out (from other motels in town) that the problem occurred last winter....had plenty of time in the spring to repair it (in my opinion)....
manager decided to use two garden hoses to fill the pool, said it would be ready by Sunday (we arrived Friday)or Monday...he kept turning the hoses off....water was green by Wednesday...
coffee....on Tuesday there was a sign saying 'coffee between 7am-10am'
.........Note to anyone booked in for Bike Week......
Other than that the rooms were clean and comfortable and the location is good, just far enough out of town that is out of the hustle and bustle ....

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

31 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Indianapolis, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Other than staying at a campground, this place is about it if you are bringing your pet. We stayed here two nights and made it, but it was difficult. The area that we were placed was low and close to a water source so it was very damp and the mold was very prevalent in the room. On the morning of our first night both of my girls woke up with scratchy eyes, coughing and sniffles. They cleared up as we were out and about during the day. That evening we talked about driving home but it was 9-hours and I was worried about tired driving so we opted to stay the second night. We had no other option since we had a dog with us. Although it made me nervous, we slept with the window open and that helped a great deal. It was expensive camping really. Everything was just damp and it stunk and there were dead water bugs all over the floor--but at least they were dead! On the positive, it was a straight shot up to the park which was great and since you have your own personal door, you are right there and it is easy to load and unload luggage. I think if I had to do it all over again, I would not have brought our dog and I would have stayed somewhere else...but since I did bring our dog, I am thankful that this facilities welcomes them.

Room Tip: Sadly, don't bring a dog...if you do, they will put you on the lower level which is very damp. I...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

The staff is attentive and the rooms are clean. Yes, the motel is a bit outdated, but this is Gettysburg we are talking about. Everything is outdated! The motel has an old, rustic feel to it. Fits in perfectly with the rest of the civil war theme throughout the town. My family and I really liked that the motel had everything we needed and we didn't end up spending a great deal of money on a place to stay for the weekend. Also, let's be serious, most people who are from out of town and visiting only need a place to sleep. We were out all day sightseeing and only came back to our room to sleep and shower. We had no problem getting extra towels and pillows from the receptionist. With that being said, I would definitely go back and recommend this place to others!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Ipswich, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

This is a no frills strip motel, you can tell that from the road.
I didnt expect much but was very disappointed in the little that was offered.
The lobby was dirty and dated, the man was somewhat confused and charged us 80 something dollars. ( We ended up staying at a very nice Days Inn for 80$) So not exactly in the cheap what did you expect category.
We went it in and the room smelled strange and looked dated and dingy. When we went outside to get our stuff there were drunk people crawling out of the room next door.... The whole expieriance was creepy so we asked and recieved our money back.
I would not stay here nor would I recommend you do....

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Come on people, you get what you pay for--that goes both ways, good and bad!
This place is cheap, so don't expect an abundance of 'thick towels' and 'cozy linens'! The rent was cheap, but the staff was incredibly friendly and helpful, the place was neater than most, and much quieter than those located downtown. The pool was clean, and had it not been raining, I would have given it a try. If you wanted more towels, you just had to ask! Yes, the interior is outdated, but so is my mother's house is dated in the 70's as well! Do you go on vacation to judge somebody elses interior design? You should be out on the town on vaca, not sitting around a little room complaining. If you expect to pay less than $100 a night for a hotel in Gettysburg during the summer, then you have to realize you aren't getting the Beverly Hills Hilton! You can't expect 4 star service from a budget hotel--be realistic!!

Room Tip: Great adjustable AC units with remote control. Sink outside the bathroom is nice for two people.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Stafford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

We reserved a total of three rooms for bike week. This hotel is not worth the $100 a night we were charged. In my room there were a total of two towels. They were small sized and very slim. The TV sound wasn't working on most channels. And there was an unusual odor. Almost a dampy smell. No coffee makers nor blow dryers either. Then there was a dog show going on during this time and this hotel allows an unlimited number of pets in their rooms. The room next to us had no less than five dogs in their room and in the vans (three of them) that these people brought had another nine of them. They left the dogs in the vans overnight and they howled all night long. I won't be staying there again and caution anyone who will.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012 via mobile

We have nothing but good the say. The owners are very friendly and always doing something. We got a room with two beds. The tv is a nice size. The room looks to be remodeled, nice new carpet. The a/c you can set to a temp. (My husband enjoys this as I like it cold). The pool is nice size and clean. If the pool is closed the owners are nice enough to suit you and go open it.
My husband and I checked other motels as soon as you get off the exit and they were more money and looked run down.
This place is not the super 8 or the hilton but if you want Clean Quit, and a relaxing place to feel like home this is it.

• Stayed June 2012

Been to Red Carpet Inn Gettysburg? Share your experiences!