“Checked in looked around and checked out !!” 1 of 5 stars

Red Carpet Inn Gettysburg
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2450 Emmitsburg Road, Gettysburg, PA 17325   |
Ranked #29 of 29 Hotels in Gettysburg
Ipswich, Massachusetts
“Checked in looked around and checked out !!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

This is a no frills strip motel, you can tell that from the road.
I didnt expect much but was very disappointed in the little that was offered.
The lobby was dirty and dated, the man was somewhat confused and charged us 80 something dollars. ( We ended up staying at a very nice Days Inn for 80$) So not exactly in the cheap what did you expect category.
We went it in and the room smelled strange and looked dated and dingy. When we went outside to get our stuff there were drunk people crawling out of the room next door.... The whole expieriance was creepy so we asked and recieved our money back.
I would not stay here nor would I recommend you do....

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Come on people, you get what you pay for--that goes both ways, good and bad!
This place is cheap, so don't expect an abundance of 'thick towels' and 'cozy linens'! The rent was cheap, but the staff was incredibly friendly and helpful, the place was neater than most, and much quieter than those located downtown. The pool was clean, and had it not been raining, I would have given it a try. If you wanted more towels, you just had to ask! Yes, the interior is outdated, but so is my mother's house is dated in the 70's as well! Do you go on vacation to judge somebody elses interior design? You should be out on the town on vaca, not sitting around a little room complaining. If you expect to pay less than $100 a night for a hotel in Gettysburg during the summer, then you have to realize you aren't getting the Beverly Hills Hilton! You can't expect 4 star service from a budget hotel--be realistic!!

Room Tip: Great adjustable AC units with remote control. Sink outside the bathroom is nice for two people.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Stafford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

We reserved a total of three rooms for bike week. This hotel is not worth the $100 a night we were charged. In my room there were a total of two towels. They were small sized and very slim. The TV sound wasn't working on most channels. And there was an unusual odor. Almost a dampy smell. No coffee makers nor blow dryers either. Then there was a dog show going on during this time and this hotel allows an unlimited number of pets in their rooms. The room next to us had no less than five dogs in their room and in the vans (three of them) that these people brought had another nine of them. They left the dogs in the vans overnight and they howled all night long. I won't be staying there again and caution anyone who will.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012 via mobile

We have nothing but good the say. The owners are very friendly and always doing something. We got a room with two beds. The tv is a nice size. The room looks to be remodeled, nice new carpet. The a/c you can set to a temp. (My husband enjoys this as I like it cold). The pool is nice size and clean. If the pool is closed the owners are nice enough to suit you and go open it.
My husband and I checked other motels as soon as you get off the exit and they were more money and looked run down.
This place is not the super 8 or the hilton but if you want Clean Quit, and a relaxing place to feel like home this is it.

• Stayed June 2012
Austin, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

I stayed in a room with 3 double beds for 1 night. It was the only hotel available for my night as I made it 2 weeks in advance. BIG MISTAKE! Although the room was clean it was clearly outdated and it major need of remodeling. The pool looked disgusting. Hardly any towels and the ones we had were old and needed replaced.
The ceiling was a dropped down ceiling and one of the tiles looked ready to fall. To make this worse when I went to check in the guy checking me in asked me if my ring was real diamonds. Needless to say the ring never left my finger because I couldnt trust the staff (or lack of). Avoid this hotel- stay in Chambersburg and drive instead.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Canandaigua, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

We stayed here for one night to see Gettysburg on our way down to Virginia. This is a quaint motel right down the road from the National Park. It was very reasonably priced and the only hotel I could find that would let you book one night instead of a two night minimum. The owner was very friendly and put us in the room right next to the pool for my two kids. The kids loved the pool. The room itself is very basic--no coffeemaker or hair dryer--but it did have a microwave and refrigerator. Over all we were very pleased and would book it again. A great value.

Room Tip: Room 121 is right next to the pool and convenient for families with kids
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Pasadena, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

In spite of my better judgement after reading some of the earlier reviews on this site, I booked my stay for a weekend in Gettysburg with a friend on Friday night. This afternoon I get a phone call regarding my reservation from someone with a very thick, hard to understand accent. She explained that she booked the room over the phone that we had booked online at the same time, so our reservation was not valid. I asked what she had to offer that was comparable and she told me that all she had was a room with 3 double beds and that it was going to be roughly $30 more for the night. When I said that I didn't see how their website screwing up was my fault and why I should have to pay more she offered me a Smoking room at the same price instead, we are nonsmokers who booked a nonsmoking room. When I said that this was not acceptable and that if that was the best she could do that I would have to cancel, she promptly told me that she did not want to have any problems when we arrived. I asked to speak to a manager, and she told me that she was the manager. I told her that I could not believe that she would rather loose the reservation than honor the price I was quoted, in spite of their screw up. She said again that she did not want any trouble when we arrived. I told her that their customer service was horrible and that I was completely unsatisfied with their service. At this point she told me that she would only charge $10 more. I asked to get this change in writing, which prompted her to again say that she did not want problems when we arrived. She also asked how she was supposed to give me confirmation of the change, and I told her that this was up to her, but I wanted confirmation so that I did not encounter any further problems. At this point the idea of emailing me the confirmation occurred to her, and I agreed to the change and provided my email address. Hours went by and I did not receive confirmation, prompting me to become incredibly nervous about the quality of stay we were likely to have and decided to take advantage of the cancellation policy. When I made the reservation the policy was listed as 48 hours notice being required. Since we were not supposed to be staying until Saturday the 27th of August, and it is presently Tuesday the 23rd, I was well outside this time frame. I subsequently received an email stating: CANCEL WITH PENALTY! PENALTY AMOUNT IS $106.93. Further down in the email it confirms: Cancellation Policy: Cxl 2day before arv or penalty of 1 day. This little detail is being taken up with my bank. I should have known the low price and the availability with such a short lead time was too good to be true! Avoid this place like the plague!!

Room Tip: Do not deal with this hotel!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Red Carpet Inn Gettysburg? Share your experiences!