“Lodging That Completes the Gettysburg Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Tillie Pierce House Inn
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   301 Baltimore St, Gettysburg, PA 17325   |
Ranked #17 of 24 Gettysburg B&B and Inns
Chesterfield, Virginia, United States
“Lodging That Completes the Gettysburg Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

One of the best lodging experiences you can have when visiting Gettysburg. The house is absolutely charming…you really do feel as if you have stepped back into history. The Inn is perfectly located where everything is within walking distance and that is a huge plus for me. The Inn Keeper/Manager, Becky, is second to none. Rarely do you deal with such a pleasant, accommodating person who is genuinely concerned about the quality of your stay! Ask Becky about the house’s history, you won’t be disappointed! I stayed in the “Pink Room” facing Baltimore Street – loved it! I will be staying in the same room again later this month. It is true that the Tillie Pierce House Inn is haunted but delightfully so. Be sure to visit their 24-Hr Hospitality Room located on the second floor…generously and selectively stocked for your convenience and comfort. The TPHI has my highest recommendation and truly completes the Gettysburg’s experience…one you won’t soon forget.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here last weekend and it was wonderful! We stayed in the Grande Suite and it was perfect! It was spotlessly clean, very comfortable, decorated nicely, and the staff was very welcoming. We come to Gettysburg about once a month and this was the first time we stayed in a B&B and we will def be back! Not only is the place beautiful but there's something to the ghost stories they tell. Watch for the ghost cat when you make your coffee. He came running up to me before he went poof! My husband and I had tons of experiences here and we didn't mind. Just adds to the charm. We hated to leave and can't wait to come back. Thanks for a wonderful weekend!

• Stayed August 2013
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

My boys (13 and 10 years old) and I stayed at the Fannie Buehler Grand Suite for 3 nights in late July, 2013. We had our own tiny dining area, a nice, clean, elegant bathroom with hairdryer, a sitting room with a sofa bed and the queen-size bed with TV. I didn't encounter much paranormal activities, but the pictures we took showed several orbs in our room. The innkeeper was a welcoming, informative lady and we felt at home immediately. I loved the quaint atmosphere and elegance of the Inn. There is a 24-hospitality room with muffins, cookies, K-cup coffee, joice and yogurt in a mini fridge, as well as free bottles of water to take with us for sightseeing. The bed was not too soft nor too hard, and linens were clean and soft. We will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: The Fannie Buehler Grand Suite has a sitting room with a sofa bed with own entrance, a tiny dining a...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Woodbridge, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

My son and I spent 2 nights at the Tillie Pierce Inn, in the suite. The suite was roomy, and the bathroom was large as well. The hospitality was wonderful; we were given valuable advice on places to visit and dine. We had come for a paranormal experience, as the inn has a reputation. We are happy to say that we were not disappointed! Even with the unseen inhabitants, the inn has a friendly and welcoming vibe.
As for the breakfast, there was plenty to satisfy us every morning. We could eat at our leisure - another plus.

Room Tip: The suite was located at the back of the inn, so was quieter than the front rooms, if total peace an...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Schwenksville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I stayed at the Tillie Pierce House Inn for a Murder Mystery weekend. The Inn was very clean, the beds are wonderful (I would like that matress at home), and the staff very friendly. The Inn is still a work in progress, each time I see it there is sometime improved and new, an example would be the mural in the front room on the first floor. I stayed in the green room at the front, the sound from the streets is really not that much, especially as Gettysburg goes quite down at night. Being the first one in that weekend I was able to look at all the other rooms, and would stay in any one of them again. Also, if you get the chance try one of the Murder Mystery weekends they run. The only reason that I didn't put down 5 stars is that, at present, that is reserved for my favorite Inn in Rhoad Island that I have been going to for years. The tillie Pierce is headed in that direction though

Room Tip: Give the Inn Keeper a call to find out which room would work for you
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Tillie Pierce Inn last month. The Inn is beautiful. We stayed in the pink room. It was lovely. Some of the doors to the other rooms were open so we peeked in to see them too. They were all very nice. We loved the 24 hour hospitality room. We have stayed at a few other Bed and Breakfasts and, as we are not early risers, we never seem to be awake for the one or two hours they serve food. So having food available 24 hours a day was wonderful. The manager, Becky was awesome. She is very knowledgeable on the history of the house as well as some history about Gettysburg and the war. We will definitely recommend the Tillie Pierce House Inn to our friends and family and cannot wait to come back again ourselves!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dayton, oh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

My friend and I chose the Tillie Pierce House for a girls' getaway. We spent three nights this past weekend and can't say enough about the great staff and lovely setting. Becky and everyone else went out of their way to ensure a great experience from the moment we arrived and they had some good recommedations for things to do. It is a great location within easy walking distance to downtown and other areas. The rooms are clean and nicely done, and we liked the hospitality room rather than having to schedule around when food would be served. It was also fun to hear about some of the history and 'ghostly experiences' of the rooms. We plan to stay here again!,

Room Tip: All of the rooms are lovely, but we would probably choose the suite next time for a bit more hang-ou...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Tillie Pierce House Inn? Share your experiences!