“It the best place any can stay at like being with good friends must stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tillie Pierce House Inn

Save Saved
You added Tillie Pierce House Inn to your Saves list
Tillie Pierce House Inn
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   301 Baltimore St, Gettysburg, PA 17325   |
Ranked #17 of 24 Gettysburg B&B and Inns
“It the best place any can stay at like being with good friends must stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

When there'greg the manager was very polite as well of the house keeper alway willing to help me cant ask for anything more thry also very knowledgeable. Of Gettysburg. And ghost hunting as well of the history o cival war

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Haverhill, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I cannot say enough about the Tillie Pierce House Inn! It is in a great spot, it has a rich history, the rooms are lovely, the beds are super comfortable, Greg, the Innkeeper, is wonderful and you may even witness some paranormal activity! My husband and I cannot wait to book our next trip. We will definitely be staying here every time we visit Gettysburg!

Room Tip: The Salome Myers "Pink Room" faces the road and cars passing by at night can be loud. Th...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We stayed at the Tillie Pierce House Inn for two nights. We booked there because it is haunted. We will return to stay there for several reasons: *The Innkeepers are welcoming, helpful, friendly, and just, plain wonderful! *It is indeed haunted. *It is warm and welcoming and we loved the breakfasts! *Perfect location! *Lovely Inn!

Room Tip: Rooms away from the front of the building are quieter.
West Des Moines, Iowa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

The Tillie Pierce House has a great location for walking around the shops and eating places of Gettysburg. We visited in the very early spring and found the rooms warm and inviting. Greg and his generous hospitality made the two-night stay very friendly and welcoming. The sheets are soft and the towels are fluffy. Hair dryers are available. If you are looking for ghosts you might find some; and if not the creaks and bumps are probably the heating or cooling systems kicking in. Each room has it's own updated bathroom.

Room Tip: Choose a room towards the back of the house unless you are used to traffic sounds.
Newburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

If you want to step back in time, while still having all the modern amenities, then the Tillie Pierce House is well worth a visit. Ideally located for exploring Gettysburg, the Tillie Pierce House is the perfect place to spend your day and night after touring the battlefield and other locations. Greg, the host, couldn't be more friendly, helpful, and passionate about making sure every guest has everything they need. The hospitality suite provides great munchies and the rooms are very comfortable. We have stayed in most of the historic inns in and around Gettysburg, and the Tillie Pierce House may now be our favorite!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

I don't even know where to begin. Staying at The Tillie Pierce House was the most amazing place we have ever stayed at. Not only was the house beautiful and breathe taking but, our room was even more amazing and the best place to stay. We go to Gettysburg every year and have stayed at many places but, The Tillie Pierce House inn is the most magical and memorable place we've ever stayed at. Greg the innkeeper Is the most pleasant, caring, and wonderful person. He truly cares about making your stay comfortable and perfect. He is such an amazing person and he made of our stay even more beautiful. There are so many experiences that we shared at The Tillie Pierce house that will stay with us forever and make it our home away from home. I could go on forever but, the 1 thing that everyone needs to understand is that out of all the places we've ever stayed at, the Tillie Pierce house inn was by far the best and most beautiful place we have ever stayed. Thank-you Greg for being such an amazing person and becoming our friend. You made our stay unforgettable. You make the inn magical and amazing. Thank-you to Tillie Pierce house for everything, we will never stay anywhere else again!! It brought tears to my eyes to leave but, I know the next time we return, it will be even more magical and memorable. There is no other place like the Tillie Pierce House inn!!!! Thank-you so very much!!!!

• Stayed March 2013
East Palestine, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

This was my first time staying at the Tillie Pierce Inn. My boyfriend and I stayed in the Tillie Pierce room. Greg was very nice and showed us around the place. He also gave us some history about the building and Tillie. I had read Tillie's book a couple days ago and knew some of her background. The inn was very clean. There was orange juice, milk, yogurt, fruit, homemade muffins, and granola cereal with honey. The t.v room was pretty nice. We left the t.v on when we decided to go and ghost hunt in the attic and when we came back down to the room, he noticed that the channel had changed. It was currently on Sy-fy and it was previously on the Discover channel. I questioned him and hit the "last" button on the remote and sure enought it WAS on the Discover channel before. We also had the K-2 meter go off in the attic when I asked if anyone here knew Tillie Pierce. About 45 seconds before the K-2 meter went off, I asked if anyone could give us a sign that they are here. I reviewed my recorder when we got home and it sounds as if someone is whispering "I can". I also had some issues with the doors in the Tillie Pierce room that made me question myself. When I was in the restroom I tried to exit the room and opened the door to go out. However, I felt as if someone was holding shut the door. I thought it was my bf joking around and told him to stop. I then tried to open it up again and it opened right up. My bf swore that it wasn't him. I also had trouble sleeping (just simply bc I wasn't tired) so I went into the t.v room. When I left my room I kept the door half way open. When I entered the t.v room I heard it close (but not latch). We were the only ones in the inn that night. I would recommend you to try and pay attention to what you do, where you put things, ect..b/c weird things do seem to happen in this place that makes you question yourself. I will definitely return someday!

Room Tip: The Tillie Pierce room faces the Breckenridge St. and the Oringinal Ghosts of Gettysburg building. I...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Tillie Pierce House Inn? Share your experiences!