“Large portions of tasty ice cream!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 113 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: Ice Cream
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Mr. G's Ice Cream is located in the historic John Winebrenner house in Gettysburg Pennsylvania. Battle scarred by bullets on the south side of the building and reportedly haunted by spirits of the past, Mr. G's offers delicious homemade and soft serve ice cream. Stop in and try one of our homemade waffle cones and enjoy the ambience of this historic Gettysburg building
CMCH
“Large portions of tasty ice cream!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

We visited midafternoon, no crowd. The ice cream was good and the portions large, at a good price. There is outside seating as well as indoors where you can watch the interesting visitors pass by. We enjoyed our "break from sightseeing" for some good ice cream!

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
“ice cream and evp's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

The ice cream was top notch. Lots of choices, including "ghost tracks" which I ordered. Lets just say I could have ate the whole 5 gallon bucket.... The owner Mike, noticed I was wearing a TAPS t-shirt and asked if my wife and I would like to hear some evp's recorded in the building recently by a paranormal group. The next thing I know, we are invited upstairs into his office and are presented with 4 or 5 very good quality recordings, which almost made me drop my ice cream cone on my sneakers. If you are in the mood for gourmet ice cream, or are interested in the paranormal, you need to stop here and experience what my wife and I did. Then there was the almost 200 year old sycamore tree in the front yard, one of only two left in Gettysburg, which was standing witness to the Gettysburg address.....Unreal. Thanks Mike for your hospitality and memories on our camping trip to Gettysburg!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New Freedom, Pennsylvania
“Delicious and reasonable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

This family friendly ice cream stop had delicious and reasonable ice cream, as well as places to sit inside and outside, with some games and artifacts of the area outside. Definitely worth visiting!

Visited October 2013
Canandaigua, New York
“Best Homemade”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

The homemade ice cream is absolutely delicious! We stopped in twice - had the pumpkin and peppermint patty. Both were exceptional.

Visited October 2013
Anchorage, Alaska
“One of the best ice cream I ever had......”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

My title may be misleading since I had my ice cream here at the end of a long hot day exploring the battlefield. All I had was simple chocolate but it was really rich, flavorable and mighty tasty. The prices were about average. But never had ice cream tasted so good. Of course, I knew it was homemade type which was why I went there but it was very good. I was happy walking back to my motel licking this ice cream to my complete satisfaction.

• Visited September 2013