“Excellence at Every Turn” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Inn at White Oak

We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Inn at White Oak
You added The Inn at White Oak to your Saves list
1 White Oak Trail, Gettysburg, PA 17325   |
Ranked #7 of 24 Gettysburg B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Buckingham, Pennsylvania
“Excellence at Every Turn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

This B & B is all about an excellent guest experience. The place is very close to Gettysburg, just off a busy highway, but nestled back into a farm-like setting. As soon as we arrived, it felt like a resort. The place is spotless and the attention to detail in decorating is amazing. Each room has its own character. The rooms generally have a regular room plus a "Florida Room" type deck, very comfortable. It was nice to have a place to sit and relax after a day at the Memorial.

The owners are helped by the wife's parents and all four individuals seem committed to service. They were friendly, helpful and it's obvious that they are all hard-working. There's a common kitchen stocked with some basic necessities. You can make a meal there if you wish. We ate out, except for the breakfast which was eggs benedict, a fruit tray and sticky buns. Everything was fresh and the food was unique and delicious. Overall, the owners showed a perfect balance between making supplies and rooms available and getting out of your hair on the one hand, while serving and interacting with friendliness on the other.

An indoor pool is in a separate building. It's a great retreat decorated around the outside with plants and two fireplaces. A parlor, a billiards room and a movie room fill out the opportunities that exist for entertaining yourself.

We were looking for a place to go while exploring Gettysburg, but we will look to include this B&B in our future getaway plans.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Had a great 3 day weekend. Inn keepers very friendly and helpful. Rooms are beautiful grounds are gorgeous and breakfast was great. A 5 minute ride north of town. Easy to find at the end of a long day of sight seeing. Hope to be a repeat customer soon.

• Stayed July 2013
birmingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Great setting, fantastic property and wonderful experience. If I lived in the USA anywhere near Gettysburg I would want to visit here as often as I could. Really enjoyed my stay and was just sad it was only for two nights.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Winsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

My husband and I rarely (never!) get away for a romantic escape. The opportunity arise and we decided to spoil ourselves a bit. This was our first B&B and I imagine it will be tough to beat. Convenient location to tour Gettysburg....beautiful woodland setting....lovely and comfortable rooms.....amazing hospitality.....and absolutely decadent breakfasts. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Leesburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

My husband and I have been going away for our anniversary every year since we've been married and this is the only B&B that we've had a repeat stay at. We stayed at the Inn at White Oak for a second time this past February and it was just as wonderful as the first time. The owners are so friendly and accommodating (I was even offered some cold medicine because I was feeling under the weather). They are there when you need something without being overly intrusive. You truly feel like their home is yours.

The Rooms: The first time we stayed there we stayed in the Captain's Quarters which was nice and cozy. The bathroom is huge and the tub was very relaxing. The shower was a bit small considering such a large room...and that's the only complaint I can even think of. Our second stay was in the blue room--the Major's Quarters. I loved this room even more! It was easier for me to get to, being on the first floor (I have some medical issues), but it is adjacent to a couple other rooms. Having said that, I never felt there was a privacy issue. There is a nice size jacuzzi tub in the room, and a large shower in the bathroom (big enough for 2 people). Loved the flat screen and electric fireplace for ambiance. And the temperpedic bed was very comfortable.

Now the very best thing about this B&B is the food! Holy molee is the food outrageously good! We even bought Jillian's cookbook because we decided we just can't live without the pecan muffins. I love that breakfast isn't at the crack of dawn...enough time to sleep in a get to breakfast on time. There is also a common kitchen for the guests to use with two Kuerigs and coffee, tea, and hot chocolate stocked. And there is always little goodies left in there too...chocolates and home baked deliciousness.

The entire house is spotless. Seriously. I don't think I could find dirt even if I wanted to. There is a pool table, games, and large media room with the most comfortable recliners. The grounds are great as well. They were just finishing the pool when we were there, so we weren't able to take advantage of that just yet.

I would highly recommend this B&B to anyone. It's comfortable, cozy, inviting, and the food is amazing. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: They have a fantastic website...what you see in the pictures is what you get.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed August 9-10 in the Colonel's and General's quarters. We preferred the Colonel room because of the sun room and queen bed. The view in the General room was gorgeous in the morning. Enjoyed the pool house and the grounds. The hosts were so nice and made our stay enjoyable.

• Stayed August 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at this inn a few times over the past couple years and love it so much we made reservations two years ago for July 1st through July 7th for the 150th anniversary of the civil war re-enactments. It was an incredible experience, particularly with the re-enactments taking place on the property next to the inn! The owners, unlike all the other hotels and bed and breakfasts did not increase their rates which made it even better. The breakfasts are always well worth the trip, the inn is immaculate and gorgeous, the views are incredible, the property is private and peaceful yet a few miles from the center of town, the new indoor pool is absolutely amazing, and the hospitality is unlike anywhere else. We had an incredible week and made a reservation to return before leaving. Thanks again Jillian, Sam, Jean and Jay, see you again soon!

Room Tip: All the guest rooms are incredible, spacious, clean with every amenity.
Green Features: We love their green practices and give them a thumbs up!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Inn at White Oak? Share your experiences!