“pleasant stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 29 Hotels in Gettysburg
Ontario
“pleasant stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We choose this hotel based on previous stays at the chain's other locations. We weren't disappointed. Friendly staff, clean, decent sized rooms, comfortable beds...what else do you need on holiday?
The location was ideal for us, close enough to the attractions we were interested in, but it didn't feel "crowded" by lots of buildings in the area. There's an outlet shopping centre adjacent to the parking lot, which was handy to do a bit of shopping if you're interested in that.
The complimentary breakfast is the basics: cereal, breads, DIY waffles, bacon. It's all you can eat, so if you just want to fuel up for your morning, it's perfect.
We would stay here again with no hesitation, and would recommend it to friends and family too.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Great location, close enough to battlefields but far enough from noisy downtown. TGIF is great for. Late night drink and outlets are in walking distance with no sales tax! Good breakfast!!! All included in the price! Highly recommend!!!!

Stayed March 2014
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

It was easy off Hwy 15 to get here. It is not far from the Gettysburg Battlefield Musem, on the lot of the Outlet Center with a TGI Fridays at the front door. As for the room it was not finished w/o headboards, uncomfortable mattress and moving toilet. It seemed clean but gave the impression of something wrong. The luggage stand was broken and when we took it to the front desk all she said was sorry but we don't have more.

Room Tip: Ask what stage of remodeling the room in in.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Media, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. The front desk was very helpful when we had a flat tire and tried to find a store open on Sunday to fix it. The workout room was horrible because much if the equipment was broken. The hot tub was very hot and the pool area stuffy. We did not get breakfast so I can't comment on that.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Sparta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Staff were friendly and helpful. Location of room was ideal for easy access to car. Hotel is under remodeling and why we would be put in a room that was not finished I don't understand. Baseboard was missing, no headboards or wall décor. Bathroom door had overspray from the walls. Bathroom stool was very difficult to flush and pop-up stopper for sink did not work properly. Hot tub/spa was most welcoming first night. Second and third it was packed with kids.
Be warned that it is next to an outlet mall if you don't want to lose your wife to shopping. Complimentary breakfast had good selections. I still wish this chain would have at least a fridge in the rooms.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I've been to Gettysburg several times in the past few years visiting family for short periods at a time. With this I have stayed in several hotels or motels around the Gettysburg area. Country Inn & Suites has got to be my favorite. Always clean, friendly employees and reasonably priced rooms. Amenities serve their purpose and rooms are next to top notch. I won't stay anywhere else in the area. If you're in Gettysburg this is the place to be!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I'm a historian in my free time and a retail management professional by day. I come to southern Pennsylvania on a pretty regular basis to work with several of my locations in the area. I've bounced around hotels in the area over several years. I stayed at the Country Inn & Suites for the first time on my last visit. Wow. What an instant and recognizable difference from my other experiences. Don't get me wrong, the other locations I stayed at were nice...and I say nice because they weren't bad, they just weren't as good as what I experienced here. Beautiful lobby and building. Amazing front desk staff and customer service. The room itself was spotless, almost as if I was staying at home in my own bed. I cannot stress what a great living experience I had for the 4 days I was set up here. I highly recommend to anyone looking for a comfortable, beautiful, customer friendly location to set up shop on business or just visiting the historical sites of Gettysburg! My compliments to the locations management and staff! Thank you so much!!

Room Tip: Go with the manager's choice! Excellent!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gettysburg? Share your experiences!