“Great location AND Outlet stores” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #18 of 29 Hotels in Gettysburg
Wilmington, Delaware
“Great location AND Outlet stores”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

My husband recently had a reunion with his unit from Viet Nam and we all stayed at the Country Inn & Suites. An excellent choice! The staff couldn't have been more helpful & accommodating. They were most helpful in suggesting the perfect restaurant for a special dinner.
The room was clean & housekeeping was excellent. Breakfast was hot & plentiful. A little crowded, but that was to be expected given the size of our group. It's not a fancy place, but for the price was perfect for us. A plus for the wives were the
outlet stores in an adjoining parking lot. Lots to choose from and good prices.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Springfield, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights and had no issues. Even though Breakfast was crowded on Sunday, everything was replenished quickly. Rooms we clean and staff was helpful both checking in and when we had questions. Location is less than 5 minutes from the Battlefield. There are Outlet stores adjacent to the hotel

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Gettysburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We have utilized the Country Inn & Suites in Gettysburg several times throughout the year for our guests traveling here on business. Our guests always rave about how fantastic their experience is at the hotel. The cleanliness, location by the outlets, and the overall hospitality cannot be beat! Thanks for always providing a great experience to our out of town guests!
-Steve Rasmussen, Adams Electric Cooperative, Inc.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Wellsboro, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

My mom and I were visiting Gettysburg and decided on the Country Inn and Suites since we had good experiences before. Still no complaints from me! We had a 2 Queen, non smoking suite. It was ROOMY! and clean! The outlets are right next door which is nice (you can walk over and shop) and it's not right in all the bustle of downtown which I liked. There is also a pool, but I did not get a chance to go look at it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Davenport, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stayed at the Country Inn and Suites for two nights and found the stay to be totally enjoyable. The room was very clean, nicely appointed, and quite comfortable for three of us. The continental breakfast was very nice; the glass plates and actual silverware was a nice upgrade from the usual plasticware and foam plates. I would definately stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Williamsport, MD
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I recently spent two nights in a 2 queen bed basic room on the first floor. Yes, it is a clean and conveniently located accommodation. The beds did not include a blanket - just a sheet and very, very, very heavy bedspread. You know how we are discouraged to use hotel bedspreads - we never know how often they are washed! Anyhow, I found a blanket in the closet but it had many holes in it. That creeped me out. The baths are clean - just old with inadequate lighting. The laminate pretend hardwood flooring leading to the elevator and pool area has many "humps" and even spots where the flooring is peeling up - a big tripping hazard. What bothers me is that I stayed at this hotel a year ago and that bad flooring has still not been repaired. Now for my biggest gripe . . . my room keycard failed. The desk person kindly let me know there was no maintenance person anywhere close to the hotel. I would need to ask him to let me into my room using a master key for the remainder of my stay. Later that evening there was a different front desk person who told me that the room next to mine also had a non-functioning lock that had been broken for a week. At no time, did the hotel offer me any compensation. I asked and got a whopping $16 off my room charge. This hotel is a fine place to crash. It could be a great hotel once they update the rooms and fix the flooring.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 109.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
travelbwj, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gettysburg, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Terryberry54,

I'm sorry to hear of your concerns while you stayed here. Guest satisfaction is above all, our number 1 priority. You'll be pleased to learn that we are in the process of a complete upgrade of everything that you mentioned. I'm confident upon your next visit, you'll see the necessary changes to increase everything our hotel has to offer.

If you have any further questions. please do not hesitate to contact me.

Bryan Johnson
Willow Grove, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

My family and I went to Gettysburg, PA for Labor Day weekend in 2013 for 2 nights and we stayed at this hotel which is literally right next to the Gettysburg outlets. There is also a TGI Friday's right by the outlets for lunch or dinner. We had a 1 bedroom suite which is very comfortable for a family of four with a pull out sofa in the living room area. The rooms were very clean. We had 2 double beds that were also very comfortable. The hot breakfast is very good with eggs, potatoes, cereal, waffles, muffins, toast, pastry and several types of juices to select from. There also several types of coffee that you can select. You can walk from the hotel to the outlets for shopping. The hotel is not that far from downtown Gettysburg and the historic battlefield. There are lots of things to do in Gettysburg from shopping, sightseeing, tours, visiting the battlefield and there are many ghost tours if you are interested to doing one. The guests that do the ghost tours tell some very interesting tales from the civil war and other places that have a horrific past of bloodshed and agony. We did a tour while we were here. This was our second time visiting Gettysburg in a three year period.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gettysburg? Share your experiences!