“Enjoyable stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 29 Hotels in Gettysburg
Wellsboro, Pennsylvania
“Enjoyable stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

My mom and I were visiting Gettysburg and decided on the Country Inn and Suites since we had good experiences before. Still no complaints from me! We had a 2 Queen, non smoking suite. It was ROOMY! and clean! The outlets are right next door which is nice (you can walk over and shop) and it's not right in all the bustle of downtown which I liked. There is also a pool, but I did not get a chance to go look at it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Davenport, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stayed at the Country Inn and Suites for two nights and found the stay to be totally enjoyable. The room was very clean, nicely appointed, and quite comfortable for three of us. The continental breakfast was very nice; the glass plates and actual silverware was a nice upgrade from the usual plasticware and foam plates. I would definately stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Williamsport, MD
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I recently spent two nights in a 2 queen bed basic room on the first floor. Yes, it is a clean and conveniently located accommodation. The beds did not include a blanket - just a sheet and very, very, very heavy bedspread. You know how we are discouraged to use hotel bedspreads - we never know how often they are washed! Anyhow, I found a blanket in the closet but it had many holes in it. That creeped me out. The baths are clean - just old with inadequate lighting. The laminate pretend hardwood flooring leading to the elevator and pool area has many "humps" and even spots where the flooring is peeling up - a big tripping hazard. What bothers me is that I stayed at this hotel a year ago and that bad flooring has still not been repaired. Now for my biggest gripe . . . my room keycard failed. The desk person kindly let me know there was no maintenance person anywhere close to the hotel. I would need to ask him to let me into my room using a master key for the remainder of my stay. Later that evening there was a different front desk person who told me that the room next to mine also had a non-functioning lock that had been broken for a week. At no time, did the hotel offer me any compensation. I asked and got a whopping $16 off my room charge. This hotel is a fine place to crash. It could be a great hotel once they update the rooms and fix the flooring.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 109.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
travelbwj, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gettysburg, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Terryberry54,

I'm sorry to hear of your concerns while you stayed here. Guest satisfaction is above all, our number 1 priority. You'll be pleased to learn that we are in the process of a complete upgrade of everything that you mentioned. I'm confident upon your next visit, you'll see the necessary changes to increase everything our hotel has to offer.

If you have any further questions. please do not hesitate to contact me.

Bryan Johnson
Willow Grove, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

My family and I went to Gettysburg, PA for Labor Day weekend in 2013 for 2 nights and we stayed at this hotel which is literally right next to the Gettysburg outlets. There is also a TGI Friday's right by the outlets for lunch or dinner. We had a 1 bedroom suite which is very comfortable for a family of four with a pull out sofa in the living room area. The rooms were very clean. We had 2 double beds that were also very comfortable. The hot breakfast is very good with eggs, potatoes, cereal, waffles, muffins, toast, pastry and several types of juices to select from. There also several types of coffee that you can select. You can walk from the hotel to the outlets for shopping. The hotel is not that far from downtown Gettysburg and the historic battlefield. There are lots of things to do in Gettysburg from shopping, sightseeing, tours, visiting the battlefield and there are many ghost tours if you are interested to doing one. The guests that do the ghost tours tell some very interesting tales from the civil war and other places that have a horrific past of bloodshed and agony. We did a tour while we were here. This was our second time visiting Gettysburg in a three year period.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This hotel is ideally located across from the out lets, so its nice you can do some shopping after you explore the Historic site. They have a continental breakfast which was decent. They have a nice size pool and hot tub. The rooms were clean and the staff was nice. This is one of the best Country Inn suites I ever had stayed at. I would just make sure you know what is going on in Gettysburg before you check in.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Leicester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Everything was clean, staff was friendly and they allow larger dogs. We only stayed one night but would have stayed longer if they had availability. We ended up an accessible room but it was close to the outside door.

Room Tip: Book ahead in the busy summer months
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Alburtis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

When my husband & I go on our business trip to Nashville we like to stay in the Country Inn & Suites
I felt since we are always pleased with this hotel we should try the one in Gettysburg
We were not disappointed. We got a room with a jacuzzi & 2 queen size beds.
There was a frig in the room along with a nice size tv.
We were very happy to see how clean the room was.
There was an excellent variety-of things for breakfast. cold cereal, muffins, a waffle maker along with fruit & yogurt were some of the choices.
This hotel is located next to a wonderful outlet which included Claire's, Coach, Tommy Hilfiger, Bon Worth. A bookstore & many more stores
It is also 5 minutes away from the visitor center & around 10 minutes from the town.

We definitely would go back to this hotel when we travel to Gettysburg.

• Stayed September 2013

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gettysburg? Share your experiences!