“I feel home...” 5 of 5 stars

Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #18 of 29 Hotels in Gettysburg
“I feel home...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

I travel a great deal for work and have stayed in some less than desirable places. My recent stay at the country inn & suites made me feel as though I was at home. Checking in was a breeze, from being greeted with a warm smile to the soft chocolate chip cookies. My room was pristine! Normally there's something that just feels out of place but that wasn't the case here. My sheets were crisp and clean and act silly got the best nights sleep I've had in a long time. I woke up and had. Great breakfast, hot waffles and coffee to go. There I no doubt I will stay here again and would recommend a stay there to anyone.

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Windsor, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I was recently in the area on business and things ran later than expected. I chose to stay here and could not have been happier! The staff is great and breakfast is one of the best I've had! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Romeo, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Cabin fever set in this winter, so we decided to visit Gettysburg and shop at the outlet mall. We had to choose either this hotel or the Comfort Inn and Suites, but the Country Inn and Suites had a bigger pool and was closer to the outlet mall, so it won out in the end. Upon arrival at 4:00, we were approached by a mildly rude desk clerk (a younger woman) who seemed combative. We asked who was staying in the hotel at the moment (there was a big tour bus parked outside), and the desk clerk seemed defensive. Oh well. We got a suite, which consists of a living room area with a pullout couch, a wet bar, and a bedroom with two queen beds. Overall, the room was spacious. The beds were really comfortable too. We found the room to be pretty clean, but the decor was a little worn out. It seems like the whole hotel could use some updating. Our microwave (there is a mini-fridge in the suite too) didn't work properly, but we never made a fuss.

One of the reasons we chose the hotel was to swim, and we weren't disappointed in that respect. The pool is a decent size for a hotel, and the hot tub was a nice touch. The gym was average. The most important piece of gym equipment, the treadmill, was broken. After dinner, we played cards in the lobby. The lobby is decorated very nicely and is a cozy place to use the free wi-fi (at least I hope it was free!). Throughout the night, they had coffee and hot chocolate available. We noticed that they have chocolate chip cookies around check-in time until they run out. They are REALLY good! The room had some features that made sleeping even more comfortable. You can control the temperature in the room and choose between a heater, A/C, or fan setting. That is a rare luxury in a hotel. The windows also opened to let in fresh air, another hotel luxury. We forgot to bring shampoo, and the other desk clerks (an older women and two men) were very accommodating and friendly. I was very surprised by the complimentary continental breakfast. They had the usual muffins, coffee, and cereal, but they also had hot eggs (with cheese and ham), hot potatoes, and a make-your-own waffle bar.

Would I stay at the Country Inn and Suites again? Maybe. There are just a few reservations that make the overall experience average.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here one weekend night in early February. We thought it would be a nice end to our evening from shopping at the outlets. Boy were we wrong! We stayed in the Kingsize room wiith the spa tub. Everything in the room was so outdated it was ridiculous. A lumpy mattress and a 27 inch TV that looked like it was from the 80's were part of what we got for $169 a night! What a letdown. The staff was nice enough and the breakfast looked good enough the next morning but we didnt stay to enjoy it. We were so sore from sleeping on the matress the night before we just wanted to get home ASAP so we could finally relax. I dont know who is writing these good reviews on this site but potential customers need to see these rooms in person before wasting so much money. albare08@yahoo.com

• Stayed February 2013
Carlson Hotels C, Online, Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gettysburg, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inns and Suites by Carlson standards. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly or you can reach us at CCare@carlsonrezidor.com. ~Dana
Binghamton, New York, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

My family was passing through Gettysburg on our way to Virginia, decided to stop for the night. So we checked Trip Advisor and decided between this or comfort suites. This place had stellar reviews and was cheaper, so it seemed like a no brainer. We've had decent luck using the Trip Advisor reviews to find good quality places and reasonable prices. This hotel is *not* one of them. we checked in around 8 PM, the hotel seemed pretty busy for a cold february night and quite loud - but oh well, we needed sleep. I went to get the bags and my wife+kids went to the room to get settled. When I just got to the lobby with the bags, they were downstairs - kids in tears - moving to another room. What was going on???? Apparently there was a large fight in the hallway, punching, brawling you name it. My wife was very worried about her and the kids safety so she went to the front desk - the kid basically said, yeah this is crazy been like this all day - some family reunion. Really??? was this UFC or something? so we get to the new room, only to be greeted with large white stains on the bed comforters - uggh. so we slept without them - or tried to, but large glaring lights from outside the hotel flooded the room. it was not possible to sleep with so much light pollution. You couldn't pay me to stay here again - I just hope the entire town of Gettysburg isn't tainted by this hotel for my family, because I would like to go back sometime and visit the historic aspects of the city - rather than just passing through. I wish I could give this hotel zero stars, get all of my money back, and erase this experience from my mind.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gettysburg, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
We are very sorry about the experience you had at our hotel. We appreciate that you took the time to post this review so that we can address the issues with our staff and improve our standards.
maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We spent one night at the Country Inn and Suites last March after taking our kids snow tubing for the day. The staff were very friendly and the room was clean. Breakfast was good and plentiful. The kids loved getting to swim in the dead of winter and the cookies at the check-in desk.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

I only stayed at this hotel for one night but had to take the time to share how great it was. It was very clean and inviting. It smelled great, which is uncommon! The front desk was very efficient and quick. I ran into quite a few employees who greeted me with a smile and warm hello. My room was also clean and tidy. Nice and warm)it was 10 degrees out) and plenty of blankets and sheets. I'll definately stay again...

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gettysburg? Share your experiences!