“First time Tripadvisor reviews burned us” 1 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #17 of 29 hotels in Gettysburg
Binghamton, New York, USA
“First time Tripadvisor reviews burned us”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

My family was passing through Gettysburg on our way to Virginia, decided to stop for the night. So we checked Trip Advisor and decided between this or comfort suites. This place had stellar reviews and was cheaper, so it seemed like a no brainer. We've had decent luck using the Trip Advisor reviews to find good quality places and reasonable prices. This hotel is *not* one of them. we checked in around 8 PM, the hotel seemed pretty busy for a cold february night and quite loud - but oh well, we needed sleep. I went to get the bags and my wife+kids went to the room to get settled. When I just got to the lobby with the bags, they were downstairs - kids in tears - moving to another room. What was going on???? Apparently there was a large fight in the hallway, punching, brawling you name it. My wife was very worried about her and the kids safety so she went to the front desk - the kid basically said, yeah this is crazy been like this all day - some family reunion. Really??? was this UFC or something? so we get to the new room, only to be greeted with large white stains on the bed comforters - uggh. so we slept without them - or tried to, but large glaring lights from outside the hotel flooded the room. it was not possible to sleep with so much light pollution. You couldn't pay me to stay here again - I just hope the entire town of Gettysburg isn't tainted by this hotel for my family, because I would like to go back sometime and visit the historic aspects of the city - rather than just passing through. I wish I could give this hotel zero stars, get all of my money back, and erase this experience from my mind.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gettysburg, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
We are very sorry about the experience you had at our hotel. We appreciate that you took the time to post this review so that we can address the issues with our staff and improve our standards.

280 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We spent one night at the Country Inn and Suites last March after taking our kids snow tubing for the day. The staff were very friendly and the room was clean. Breakfast was good and plentiful. The kids loved getting to swim in the dead of winter and the cookies at the check-in desk.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

I only stayed at this hotel for one night but had to take the time to share how great it was. It was very clean and inviting. It smelled great, which is uncommon! The front desk was very efficient and quick. I ran into quite a few employees who greeted me with a smile and warm hello. My room was also clean and tidy. Nice and warm)it was 10 degrees out) and plenty of blankets and sheets. I'll definately stay again...

• Stayed January 2013
Lewistown Pa.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We stayed here one night the 1st week of Dec. 2012. The hotel staff we met were very friendly and professional. We did not have reservations but requested a King Suite with a spa tub on the 1st floor and had no problem getting it. The room was better than expected, being very large, well decorated and very, very clean. The bedding was very comfortable with the only exception being the small pillows. The bathroom was impressively large with a full tub/shower. The spa tub was located in the main suite area which also included a sink, microwave and small fridge. The only negative about the Suite was the lack of a larger flat panel T.V. The lobby is nicely decorated and comfortable, great place to relax with a book. The Pool/Spa area was also very nice. It was very clean for a hotel pool, it surprised us that it was open until midnight for adults. Nothing better that a late night swim and soak before bed for a couple of weary travelers!! We did not take advantage of the complimentary breakfast which looked slightly above average for a free breakfast. We will definately use this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Upon our arrival, we were upgraded to a suite which was very quiet and spacious. The layout of the suite was perfect, very clean with all the amenities that we needed. Breakfast had plenty of options and nearby the front desk were coffee,apples, baked cookies and also granola bars for snacking. Staff was friendly and helpful. There is a shuttle that runs from the hotel to various Gettysburg locations -- a definite plus during busy tourist seasons.

Room Tip: Third floor, away from the elevator and on other side of parking area.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Springfield, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

My stay here was initially a necessity. Too much road time & I needed a break. The room was spacious and clean. The property was very close to the Outlet Mall and TGIF restaurant. If I had been in a shopping mode it would have been excellent. The main room and the bed room are far enough apart to allow for privacy if one is sleeping and another working. I will stay here again. It is not close to downtown Gettysburg so if that is a priority this is not the place. It is about one mile from the Gettysburg Museum & Visitor Center.

Room Tip: Even number rooms on floor level face the road. I stayed in 110 - there is a gas station near the ro...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Most of the big-name hotels are represented in Gettysburg, and because they compete to fill their rooms, all their facilities are more than adequate. The Country Inn & Suites is no exception. The rooms and common areas are clean, comfortable, quiet, and friendly. One thing sets this hotel apart from others, though. Esther, the attendant in the breakfast room, made us feel so welcome! She greeted each guest with a smile and a kind word (I'm sorry to say that she didn't always receive the same in return), and she was available and ready to lend a hand in making waffles or serving other breakfast items. All the while, she engaged the guests in friendly conversation. It was like eating breakfast in my mother's kitchen again! What a lovely way to start the day. Thanks, Esther! We'll be back.

Room Tip: A large flip-book containing menus from local restaurants is located next to the 1st floor elevator...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gettysburg? Share your experiences!