“The staff is the nicest I have ever experienced in the US!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #17 of 29 hotels in Gettysburg
Niles, Michigan
“The staff is the nicest I have ever experienced in the US!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2011

The staff was wonderful. Especially Kelly... she upgraded us to a Jacuzzi Room for a small charge and was so accomodating and friendly. The hotel is CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN. Kudos to the GM for running such a wonderful hotel. :)

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

280 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Haymarket, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for the Greyhounds in Gettysburg event. The hotel is let friendly and the staff was wonderful, friendly, and were happy to have us. We reserved the jacuzzis sweet which has a foyer which allowed us to put a baby gate up so we could open the door without worry that our pups would get out. We were 100 yards from the vendors! Breakfast was free and delicious. We loved that all the doors open to the inside of the building, and that there is no direct access to the rooms from the outside, like some of the hotels right in the city.

Since this was a dog event, the staff conveniently places waste containers around the outside of the property. They collected them often as there was no odor whatsoever.

A hotel can really effect your entire trip, but we enjoyed our stay here so much we booked this same room for next year!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Watchung, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2011

Although this hotel is a little away from town, it is in a great location for both somebody passing through the area or visiting the area who doesn't mind driving about 5 minutes into downtown. The hotel is set right off Rt. 15 and next to the Outlets and TGI Fridays and some other restaurants. Staff is extremely friendly, helpful and courteous. Rooms are nicely appointed and very comfortable. Lobby is very nice - fireplace and library area for reading or waiting on your travelmates. Conference facilities appear to provide ample space and presentation equipment. Breakfast was very good - features hot and cold meals, coffee, tea and an assortment of beverages. Pool and fitness facilities are very basic but get the job done if you're looking for a quick workout or swim. Outdoor area is great for relaxing on warm days. Overall this was a great hotel and I definitely recommend it for both a quick stop over or an extended stay.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Slippery Rock, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2011

I booked a whirlpool suite three months in advance of our travel. The weekend was to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary. My husband and I stay in Gettysburg 3 to 4 times a year and are aware of pretty much all the hotels, b&b's in the area. Usually we do stay in town, but for our anniversary we chose this hotel for its whirlpool suite and ammenities (indoor pool, no pets). Upon arrival the rude front desk staff first said that we didn't have a reservation. As I started to pull out my online confirmation another woman at the desk asked what the name was and then said, "It's back there" and motioned her head to the back wall. Then the first woman gets the paper and states that they made arrangments for us at another hotel and starts to give us directions to it and throws an unsigned letter from the hotel manager at us. No explanation provided. So when I inquire as to why we "lost" our room she just says that they "overbooked" and the other woman at the desk states in an irritated tone, "its a king suite and everything". It's March (not a busy time in Gettysburg) and I booked three months prior-- how on earth would we loose our room? We stayed at this hotel a few years ago and had a nice room, but did notice that there were large groups of noisy teenagers staying there and travel buses in the parking lot. So my assumption is that this hotel caters to groups and business travelers and we lost our room when a group wanted to book there. In fairness to the hotel they did pay for our room at the other hotel, however it was not the room or the hotel of our choosing. There are many places in Gettysburg that we would never stay at, luckily the hotel they switched us to was one that we have stayed at before. However while it was a king suite it only had a jucuzzi tub for one, not a full sized whirlpool, the other hotel had no indoor pool and it is a pet friendly hotel. If this would have happened during one of other stays in Gettysburg it might not have been such a big deal, but this was our anniversary weekend and not what we wanted to deal with. We will never book with the Country Inn and Suites again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2011

We loved this hotel. We were greeted at the desk by very friendly associates, and the room was fantastic, very comfortable and nicely decorated. We stayed in a suite with a separate King bedroom which also had another TV. The other room was very comfortable with a sofa, chair, desk, TV. There was also a microwave, frig, etc. everything you need. Very nice indoor pool and very close to all attractions in Gettysburg. I could walk to the Gettysburg Outlets to shop, and there is also a Friday's next door to the hotel. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is planning a trip to historic Gettysburg!

Room Tip: Go online & see what is available, then call!
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Falls Church, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

The staff was exceptional! I was in Gettysburg on business and forgot to pack my phone charger. As I use my phone heavily for business this was a disaster. Lucky for me - the staff had a whole collection of chargers for a variety of phones for guests. It truly saved me having to go buy a new one!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2011

I have to travel frequently and during January, I was on a trip from PA to MD/DC and stopped at this hotel until the storm passed. I don't think I've ever met more friendly and customer-service oriented staff. I really felt at home in the large, beautiful lobby with a lovely fireplace and the staff couldn't have been more helpful, kind, and assisting in providing me with anything to make my stay comfortable. The lobby has coffee at all times, a large-screen dell to use and the breakfast that is served has an extremely large variety of hot, cold foods, juices.

I highly, highly recommend this hotel to anyone going to or passing through Gettysburg. I will always choose it as my hotel to go to when in the area.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gettysburg? Share your experiences!