“Great for the money and convenience” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #19 of 29 Hotels in Gettysburg
Fairfield County, CT
“Great for the money and convenience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2010

Super 8 is no frills. But that does not mean that it isn't a qualitative experience. My room was large and very comfortable with a good bath and supplied tv, microwave and fridge. Most important, the price was right for a hotel in this area. They have an older but usable indoor pool and their public areas are comfortable. The staff are nice and the location of the place is very close to the Gettysburg battlefield. Save your money by staying here so you can have more to spend elsehwere.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
baltimore, md
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2010

I completely do not agree with the other recent posts about this hotel. I stopped in Gettysburg for the night on my drive down from northern Pennsylvania to South Carolina and was pleasantly suprised with the accomodations and service I received. I was looking for a budget hotel and this hotel exceeded my expectations. I received a good rate, friendly service, and good food for breakfast. The room was clean and the manager / front desk staff were prompt to assist me with any questions I had. The super 8 amenities (shampoo, conditionder, etc.) are not the best but then again I had my own with me anyways so it was no problem. I will definitely stay at this hotel again if I am ever back in Gettysburg.

Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Lancaster, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2010

Nothing fancy, not the cleanest, not good quality but the service was great. Whenever we had a problem, themanager was right there to fix it. We do not complain very often or point something out unless it is necessary and unfortunately we had to say something. I think this hotel is good if you are on a tight budget but do not except 3 star amenities.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Perth Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2010

we changed our booking from another hotel at the last minute, to have a place with a pool and most importantly a laundry, as we hadn't washed our laundry for a week and had a huge pile to catch up on.
Arrived, washing machine had an out of order sign. I asked when it would be working, they said "perhaps tomorrow someone will look at it".
The pool was usuable, but not very well maintained, grotty even.
The rooms were actually quite nice, and very comfortable. The hotel was well built as well.
The second day I asked about the laundry, and was told the laundry actually does work, but they turn it off to stop the long term residents using it. Totally unacceptable as far as I am concerned. She said it may be available later that day.
By that time, I had not time left to wash, so didn't bother, but I have to say, they have a great set up there, the hotel is well located. Its little things like that though, that make a traveler annoyed. If you advertise a service, you need to provide it.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2010

I can't believe that the difference of MONTHS between myself and other reviewer's stays made no difference. A mass of bugs in the corner of the room caused us to pack our stuff and days at the Days Inn across the lot. The woman at the desk was pleasant, but I'm sure the problem still has yet to be fixed! The Days Inn was lovely, one of the best of their franchise.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Super8Gettysburg, General Manager at Super 8 Gettysburg, responded to this review, March 17, 2010
Our company took over the hotel in late 2009. After converting the hotel from a Holiday Inn Express, we started working on fixing exisitng issues with the hotel. One of the first big issues was the pest control company. We ended our contract with them and hired a new company that has a guaruntee program. If pests are found, they will respond to the issue and fix it within 24 hours. Next, if the guest finds a pest in the room or in the hotel, they will reimburse the guest for their stay (limits apply- please call hotel manager for details). Since hiring the new company, we have experienced excellent results and we're willing to stand behind our hotel and guaruntee your satisfaction or we"ll make it right.
Thanks,
Nick Modha
Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2009

The previous reviewer must have got our room - we checked in Friday the 20th of Remembrance Day weekend, and 2 hrs later checked out - BED BUGS ON THE BED AND CRAWLING OUT FROM BEHIND THE HEADBOARD - ROOM 101 - ended up paying more but better at comfort suites across the lot!!! You couldn't PAY US to stay at this one ever again!!! We have stayed at super 8's before with no problem. Staff couldn't care less but at least helped us find another hotel room (we had our dog with us). I should have gone to the campground I usually stay at!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY RE- RENTED THAT SAME ICKY ROOM OUT KNOWING THERE WERE BUGS IN THERE!!! HOW LOW BUDGET IS THAT?????? Management should be ashamed of themselves!!! I wouldn't recommend this hotel to my worst enemy.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2009

My husband and I booked the room last December when it was still Holiday Inn Express. We were never told of the change. I only found out by accident. When we checked in the door to the room was open. After we got our belongings in the room I found a mass of bugs in the corner of the ceiling. We immediately started taking our belongings out of the room. As we were doing this I found another mass of bugs in the other corner and a fly in the bathroom. At the desk we were told they were probably stink bugs and they wouldn't hurt us. As if we would stay in a room with 25 bugs. No apology and we were left to find a room some where else on a busy weekend in Gettysburg. Luckily we did, but it cost us $87 more. Stay away from Super 8.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Super 8 Gettysburg? Share your experiences!