“Very nice” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 29 Hotels in Gettysburg
Peoria
“Very nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Hotel was very nice, comfortable. Very good value for the area. Motel staff was very helpful, friendly and very courteous. The only issue was breakfast. I am a diabetic and there were no options for me. Everything was high in carbs. I chose to go out for breakfast.

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Amy R, General Manager at Super 8 Gettysburg, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for your review, I am pleased you were happy with your stay! We will take into consideration your dieting needs when we go over the breakfast plan again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Circleville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Bathroom were small but it was a very clean place to stay could not any of the other people who were in the other rooms peaceful stay nice pool very friendly staff

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for your review!
Scranton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

called to book room-Shannon was extremely helpful and friendly on phone and when I arrived but next morn. girl at desk was very "snippy"! Tiny blood spot on top sheet-looked like from finger cut while making bed-got sheets changed right away. Nice lg.beds, room ok. Only one cart available for luggage transport to car so we had to wait-we gave up and carried it out.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for the review. I am pleased you found your overall stay OK. I am glad Shannon was able to assist you with making your reservations.
Saylorsburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

This Super 8 has fridges and microwaves in all the rooms (no microwaves at Disney's Coronado Springs- my last hotel stay... I imagine they're to be had for additional fees.) The staff was super accommodating in meeting my admittedly "high maintenance" needs. I was a bit surprised that I had to carry my suitcase up to the second floor but hey, who doesn't need the exercise, right? When I stepped into my room, my first thought was that of elation because it was SO nice and cool! Unfortunately, my second thought was "I need to get the hell out of here!" because the room smelled strongly of cigarette smoke. It was a non-smoking room but the smoking rooms were just a few doors down... and anyone who's as anti-smoking/ anti smokers as I am knows that's just too close!!! The girl at the front desk was very nice and understanding and got me a room much further down the hall. She was also very nice and accommodating when she had to give me ANOTHER room key 10 minutes later as I had locked myself out of room #2! I had no problem with the wi-fi and I'm admittedly a tech moron.
I did learn something very important: always ask if the hotel has a non-smoking FLOOR (preferably at the top!)... better yet, find 100% smoke free hotels. It's a good thing I moved; I doubt I would've been able to refrain from accusing the chain smoking parents of little kids in a room nearby of child abuse had I stayed on the smoking side.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms as far away from the smoking rooms as possible if you have asthma, allergies, small ch...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. How lovely is that to be compared to a Disney hotel! Thank you again and I am glad you enjoyed your time at the Gettysburg Super 8!
Cleveland, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

My family & I were not happy. First when we got there Shannon was very rude to my mother when she was checking in. We looked past that thinking maybe she was having a bad day. Then we walk into our room and noticed on the bathroom curtain there was a dry bloody burger on it. Then on the curtain above the a/c there was more spots of blood. And what really makes us never want to go back was the sign they leave for you that is in the bathroom. Please use your same sheets as if you were at home, and reuse your towels. Thats just sick! who does that? You pay for hotel service and get that to read. And as far as their breakfast you dont get alot to choose from. It took my family and I 8 hours from Ohio to get to Gettysburg to come to a hotel like that. "NEVER AGAIN" I rather spend the extra few dollars and go to Comfort Inn next door. Just some advice Super 8 work on Shannon because she needs to learn some Customer Serivce Skills. & to tell your cleaners to check everything before they leave a room. We stayed there for 3 nights and the curtain in the bathroom never once got clean, or either did our sheets on our beds.

Room Tip: Choose Comfort Inn or Days Inn not Super 8.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to voice your concerns regarding your recent stay. Firstly, I would like to apologize if you found your room anything less than satisfying. I have located the room you were in and corrected the cleanliness issues.
As far as Shannon, she is actually one of our best employees and get great comments about her daily. I am sorry if she may have "rubbed" you the wrong way. I have spoken with her though to ensure there are no further issues.

Been to Super 8 Gettysburg? Share your experiences!