“Hold your breath.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 28 Hotels in Gettysburg
Springvale, Maine
“Hold your breath.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

You can get a non-smoking room at this Super 8, but it really won't make that much of a difference. The hallway absolutely smells like an ashtray, and an old one at that. Even in your smoke-free room the odor of old smoke is almost overpowering. In the bathroom, I often smelt fresh smoke; I'm not sure where it was coming from. Fortunately, I wasn't in town to hang out in my room, so it was tolerable. If you're a smoker, this motel is probably perfect for you! The rates are very reasonable for this destination town. The room was spacious and well-equipped. Location was nice; the great downtown area was only a few minutes away and the battlefield within ten minutes. The bed was the worst made I've ever experienced in a motel; I actually stripped it and re-made it myself! Two of the four pillows on my bed had blood stains on them that were bad enough you could see them through the pillow cases. After this stay, I've decided that I'm going to stay in 100% smoke-free motels. Smoke is one of those things that you can't keep in just one part of a building!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Eric B
Amy R, General Manager at Super 8 Gettysburg, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you for your review, I apologize that your stay was anything less than satisfying. At the end of 2013 we will go completely smoke-free. I hope you give us a second chance then. I apologize that our housekeeping was not top notch for your stay and I assure you this is not typical of our cleaning staff.

NEW YORK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Everything was great. Room was spacious and clean. It was ready upon arrival. Hotel was conveniently located on the main road into Gettysburg and was, if so desired, even within walking distance of the town itself.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for your review. I am glad you found our hotel suitable for your Gettysburg traveling needs. If you are ever in the area again we would be more than happy to help you with your accommodation needs.
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

the staff made us feel like family.We had an emergency and the staff took real good care of us.The room was clean,the pool n spa were exceptional.If you're looking for a place that goes out of their way to make you comfortable this is it!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your review, we always try to make each and every guests stay relaxing and enjoyable.
Hampstead, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

The staff was more than helpful. I've had past experiences and they have been ok. The BEST representative to speak to is DMITRI. Me and my family have ALWAYS been more then content, every time I come here when he is working. He works night time front and desk. I will keep you updated on my experiences with the next 2 days. Jon was also very helpful during my stay this week.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for your review. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Dmitri is a great asset to our hotel. We hope to see you in the future.