“less $$$ than next door” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #18 of 29 hotels in Gettysburg
Portland, Oregon
“less $$$ than next door”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

My wife and 7 year old stayed here 2 nights, and we all enjoyed ourselves. The rooms were basic, but clean, and everything seemed to work,appliance wise.There was a small fridge and microwave,a safe,and cable t.v.! They provided a basic breakfast area, with oatmeal,cereal,eggs,toast,etc.(Enough to hold you over,anyways). My whole family thought the pool area was the best part of the hotel !! A decent sized hot-tub didn't hurt ,either. The staff were all pleasant,and even let us have late checkout, and the cleaning crew were solid every morning.Compared to it's two neighbors,they definetly had the best price,and it didn't appear they had anything fancier going on,than this place. We like clean places, with attentive staff, and this place fits the bill. I would stay there again,when I visit the area !

Room Tip: This hotel offers a buy 2 nites,get one night free,and it came in handy for us.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Amy R, General Manager at Super 8 Gettysburg, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you were happy with your stay here at the Super 8. If you are in the area again we would be happy to serve your accommodation needs.

480 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Ottawa Valley
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Firstly I will stay that this hotel was not even in our plans to visit. We stopped at Gettysburg on a Saturday night in August, with no reservations. Poor idea on my part!
We stopped at three previous hotels that wanted the better part of $200 for one nights accomodation and thought we were headed to the Holiday Inn Gettysburg. Apparently our GPS needs updating and the Holiday Inn is now a Super 8. I guess it was too run down for Holiday Inn to keep up, and it was sold or traded to Super 8, who really knows what happened there.
Anyway, with my 6 year old needing to find a pool and a place to stay for the night, I agreed to stay due to the price. I think $104 plus taxes... The room looked alright, but the smell of air fresheners everywhere throughout the hotel and was apparent right from the first step inside. After I reluctantly checked in, we discovered the room we as non smokers had, was directly across the hall from a smoking room. It was displayed on the room doors and we left in the morning a little smoke tanned from less than 12 hours here.
So the pool was icy cold, too cold for my husband and daughter to even try to enjoy. And Breakfast buffet was busy, dirty and poor.
I did email the hotel manager already and I was thanked for my input. If you are used to a clean, smoke free environment, please avoid this place.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. I apologize if you found our hotel anything less than pleasing.
Yes, in 2009 we changed from a Holiday Inn Express to the Super 8. The reasoning for that is we are too small of a building as Holiday Inn has changed their guidelines as far as structure of the buildings.
We do have 5 smoking rooms in our hotel which we do not hide. It is well noted on the interent and on the room doors that we do allow smoking in certain rooms.
Again, I do apologize that you were not satisfied. When we completely switch to non-smoking you are more than welcome to come experiance our hotel again.
Highland Mills, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We stayed here overnight after a long day of travel and sightseeing and were so pleased! The hotel staff were fast, courteous and very helpful with check-in, maps, computer and even recommendations for restaurants. The rooms are spacious and CLEAN. The bedding was nice and most importantly comfortable. There is a pool and hot tub which we didnt use but thats a bonus especially when travelling with kids. Breakfast with cereals, yogurts, toast, waffles, coffee etc included as well, and thankfully everything was well stocked and taken care of. We stayed at a Wingate in Lynchburg that wasnt half as good as this--for twice the money. We would definitely stay at a Super 8 again---well worth it and I would recommend to everyone!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We are glad you decided to stay with us and found it better than another upscale hotel!
If you are ever in the area we would love to meet your accomodation needs again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

We are getting ready to wrap up our trip and our stay here was wonderful. From the desk clerk, Demitris, to the housekeeping. Thank you all for a great stay. Our room was spacious and it was my husband and two of our kids. Beds are comfy. When we come back to Gettysburg, we are definitely staying here. Close to all sites and there is even a mall within a 5 minute drive.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Amy R, General Manager at Super 8 Gettysburg, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Thank you for your review!
Yes, we are close to all the major attractions yet far enough away from the hustle and bustle of down-town!
If you are ever in the area feel free to stay with us again!

Thank you again!
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

I lodged at this Super 8 for two nights, July 26-27, 2012. This is a solid, professional lodging. Check in was quick, and staff were courteous and professional throughout. My room was spacious, very clean, and the powerful air conditioning most welcome in the July heat. The room was cleaned well each day. Breakfast was simple, and offered juice, coffee, cereal, toast, and waffles -- enough to get the day off and rolling. For me the supreme criteria for lodging is the "Q" word, that is Quiet, and this Super 8 was quiet. I slept wonderfully. Many families stay here, as well as history buffs of a certain age like me. Although I did not swim, the kids seemed to be enjoying the pool. A fine place to stay in Gettysburg.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for the review of your recent two night stay with us!
We always appreciate when the guest gives as feedback.
If you are in the area again we will be looking forward to seeing you again!

Thank you!
mcpickle33
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The staff was SO NICE!! I did have an issue with my air conditioner, but it was fixed asap. VERY comfy beds.....I didn't eat the free breakfast they served, but it looked good, and always lots of folks there in the morning.
I would stay here again next time I'm in Gettysburg.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for such a nice review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We will be looking forward to your return.

Thank you again!
Syracuse, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I stayed at the Super 8-Gettysburg over night on my way back from the NC and what I first noticed was the fake flower smell that is sprayed to cover up the smell of the old air conditioning/smoke. Even in the hallways the smell is prevalent. It is not a good smell, smells a little like toilet bowl deodorizer. If they replaced the air conditioners and maybe use a carpet extractor the rooms wouldn't need the wall mounted deodorizers that spray every few minutes. I half expected to find see a bug crawling on something though everything seemed pretty clean. I essentially wanted to leave as soon as I checked in to the room. The walls are pretty thin, you can hear hallway activity and also when people use the showers in the other rooms. I couldn't wait to leave the next day. I wish I had brought hand sanitizer.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your review.
I apologize that your stay was less than satisfying.
We assure you that it is not typical to have an unpleasant stay as you can read most reviews are pleasant.

We will utilize your comments in the future to prevent others guests from experiencing the same issues.

Thank you.

Been to Super 8 Gettysburg? Share your experiences!