“Disappointing to say the least” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #75 of 113 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: American
Littlestown, Pennsylvania
“Disappointing to say the least”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I am not one to complain, but I've had enough. Everytime I go to this T.G.I Friday's it is nothing but a disappointment. The service is horrendous (if you can even call it service) and the food is even worse, whether I eat inside or get takeout. My dad has brought me take out from T.G.I Friday's quite a few times and each time it gets worse. I get the Jack Daniel's Flat Iron Steak (DO NOT ORDER THIS) with mashed potatoes, and broccoli. By the time I get the food it's basically just a big pile of mush, which is disgusting in itself. The "broccoli" is either too soft or too hard and has absolutely no flavor. It is just steamed broccoli...no butter, salt, spices...NOTHING. The mashed potatoes are actually a decent flavor. The steak is gross. It is way too chewy and sinewy. If I order medium rare the thing is bleeding. If I order medium it's a rock. I just can't win. The steak has absolutely no flavor, unless you put the sauce that they're supposed to give you, but usually don't, on top of the steak. I've been getting the same meal for about 7 years now and this is the only T.G.I Friday's that I have a problem with. Also, please get new containers for take out. (Not that i will get food from there ever again) Everytime I get the food back home or to work, which is 5 min away, it has leaked all along the inside of the bag. Every single time I go to take it out it either ruins my sleeves of my shirt or jacket, or it spills onto the floor or table. The box also seems to leak from the bottom. I also read from an ex employee that they do not take care of the restaurant or give a crap about the customers or hygiene of the restaurant....SCARY. The employee said that there is mold in the fridge and that she has seen green steak and managers changing old labels to new ones on expired food, which makes sense since I feel ill after everytime I eat there. Unnacceptable if you ask me. Would not recommend it!

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

maryland
“Fills the void, but that's about it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

There didn't appear to be many restaurants in the area and that may been part of the problem. They seemed understaffed and after waitng a really long time for a table and what seemed like even longer for service and food was just okay.

Visited March 2012
Lewistown Pa.
“Great Food/ Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We had dinner and a few drinks here in early Dec. 2012. We have been to a few other TGI Fridays and did not get quite as good of service as we did here. The staff at this location was very friendly and accommodating and the food was great as usual for a TGI Fridays.

Visited December 2012
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
“very good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

The food is very good and is a great price. This is one of the best deals in the Gettysburg area. Seating is a bit tight, however. Don't go during tourist season if you don't like ill-mannered children raised by clueless parents.

Visited December 2011
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
“better places to spend a friday”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Everything was average at best. The bartender couldn't mix a drink if his life depended on it. I ordered a triple reuben, and my girlfriend orderd a salmon dish. Both meals were better than I thought they would be.Service was so so. We sat at the bar, but i don't know why anyone would wait too long for a table here.If your from out of town and going to the outlets, try it out. Don't have too high of expectations though.

• Visited August 2012