“dinner good, breakfast erratic” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #62 of 113 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Healthy, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Good for: Bar scene
“dinner good, breakfast erratic”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

ate here three times.
Dinner was good, and restaurant was uncrowded. Salads are large with generous toppings. Dessert brownie was soggy (and I didn't order the ice cream on top)

-- Of my two breakfast meals, both were same items (pancakes, bacon, fruit), and one meal was excellent. The second time I was served a completely burned pancake -- the smell was enough to make the meal unpalatable. Waitress never came back after bringing food, so I was unable to alert her to the problem.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
cmvendetti27, General Manager at Garden Grille & Bar, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, I encourage that if you can - please reach out to me or the F&B Manager by calling the hotel at 717.334.2040 - I am quite concerned that you and an inconsistant experience and would love the opportunity to discuss this with you further so we may work on resolving this concern. Thank you!

Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
“The atmosphere is nice for a casual gathering, and the food is generally okay... Nothing extraordinary.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

I've been here a lot, but because others chose to meet here. The burgers & fries, artichoke dip/ bread bowl are my safety dishes. Do not order seafood. I tried to order salmon & it was overcooked & flavorless! An Okay place, if you like simple, run of the mill, no frills American food.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Solvang, California
“Great American Grill, Gettysburg, PA”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We had a wonderful cooked to order breakfast at this restaurant in the hotel. The space was bright and open, and the service personnel were very attentive.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Absecon, New Jersey
“Not so good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Poor quality. Tasteless. That picture provided up there looks nothing like what our breakfasts looked like (10 pieces of grated cheese on an overcooked floppy tiny omelet, stale old potatoes, sausage that gives me the shivers, lol). Old and stale. Let down! Maybe dinner is ...better? Staff was very nice and sweet. Juice, waffles, and fruit is a better bet. Better luck next time I guess!

Visited October 2012
New York City, New York
“Prettier than tastier”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We decided to stay close to hotel after a full day at the Gettysburg battlefield. The space where the restaurant is located in the lobby is lovely and very bright. The menu was very varied and looked very appealing. However, I ordered the beef ragu over pappardelle noodles. It was very bland. My husband had a hamburger which was on the dry side. It was ordered medium rare. My grandson had fish and chips which he said was good.
The service was very concerned and attentive.

• Visited September 2012