“Fun experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Inn at Lincoln Square

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Gettysburg
Inn at Lincoln Square
Save Saved
You added Inn at Lincoln Square to your Saves list
12 Lincoln Square, Gettysburg, PA 17325   |
Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Gettysburg
Salt Lake City, UT
“Fun experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

We stayed one night at the Inn at Lincoln Square. We love bed and breakfast inns and have stayed in many over the years, in the US and elsewhere. I will be repeating many of the positives that have been stated in other reviews. Jeannine was very friendly and met us out at the street to show us the parking behind the Inn. I really like meeting the innkeepers and she was very accommodating. She does not live onsite but gave us her cell phone and I am sure that she would have taken care of anything we needed. We stayed in the Mary Juliet Danner Suite. The old part of the inn has three bedrooms, one on each of the three floors and reached by a central staircase. We were the only ones staying in the old part of the inn that night, so we got to see all three of the rooms in this part of the inn. Our room was on the first floor (i.e. street level). The second floor room is identical, just a different furniture, rugs, etc and the bathroom is switched (because of the staircase). The top floor is in the attic -- lower ceiling, open rafters, different bathroom arrangement - its rustic and we would have enjoyed it in our 30's but probably not so much in our 50's. (Great place to put the teenagers though.) The rooms on the first two floors are "suites" in the sense that each is a very large room with a divider in the middle - bedroom in the back, sitting room in front. The "divider" actually opens up toward the front to reveal a kitchenette - refrigerator, sink, dishwasher, stove together with dishes and utensils. We did not use it but it was pretty ingenious. The furnishings were antiques - very nice. Great feeling of the time period. Our bathroom was very nice, very clean - no bathtub though. Bed was very comfortable. I think that this is the oldest inn we have stayed at in the US and someone did a lot of working bringing in electricity, plumbing, etc. There were muffins and fruit in the room but not a hot breakfast. There is a French bistro that serves crepes for breakfast just on the corner. We ate dinner kitty-corner at a pub. Both eating places were pretty good. The square is great and you feel a part of history staying right in the center of town. The downtown shopping areas of Gettysburg are more extensive than I anticipated and I wish we would have had more time to stroll and enjoy the atmosphere. We ate lunch at the Dobbin tavern and hired a guide recommended by Jeannine (she sends you an extensive email when you reserve a room that has a LOT of info about Gettysburg). One caution - there is a tavern just to the west of the Inn and connected (I think). The square also has steady traffic. It was a little noisy at night outside the front window with traffic and groups coming and going. I always use earplugs when I sleep anyway and went right to sleep. My wife said the she heard it for a little while but not too late. I would not change plans because of the location, just be aware that you are in the middle of town. We would definitely recommend staying there once, and we would maybe even the stay there again, although the price is a little more than we would generally pay. There are two "townhomes" of newer construction added on to the back of the older building. We did not see them and so can't provide any insight. Definitely would be quieter but you may lose some of the atmosphere. Given a choice I would still pick one of the two main rooms in the old inn for couples. Gettysburg itself was fabulous and we look forward to bringing some of our family next time. One day was not enough to see everything, but it was all we had.

Room Tip: Stay in the old part of the inn if you are a couple. Second floor might be quieter from the main st...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

This was just a short getaway for our family of four. Jeanne could not have been more welcoming and accommodating. The "house" we stayed in was clean and perfect for the four of us. My only regret is that we couldn't stay longer. It's VERY convenient too - we walked almost everywhere.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Saratoga Springs, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

While visiting Gettysburg we stay at this beautiful Inn. Located right in the center of town this Inn is close to everything. Clean and well maintained. The Innkeeper Jeannine cares about her guests and makes sure every need is taken care of. She is attentive and detail oriented. She is around when you need her, and if you don't you won't see her until check out, which is what my husband and I prefer instead of in your face Innkeepers. Jeannine made our dinner reservations and also booked us a private tour, which was fantastic. Jeannine and The Inn at Lincoln Square made our Gettysburg so much more enjoyable. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Somerset, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Our family of 5 was traveling and had 24 hours to spend in Gettysburg--this 'townhouse' was a sweet home away from home. Very comfortable home -- kitchen and living room downstairs, three bedrooms and a bath upstairs. It was so spacious and clean; decorated so cute, too. Everything was there to make our stay the best--fruit, muffins, water, ice, coffee. Jeannine helped us get the most out of our time at Gettysburg. I would not miss dinner at the Dobbin House!! We also took a tour with Ghostly Images -- excellent storytellers. The location of Inn at Lincoln Square was perfect. I just loved having everything provided so conveniently.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Bel Air, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

I took my husband there for a surprise getaway for his 30th birthday. We loved the room. It was so spacious and clean. The location was the cherry on top. We were able to walk to every destination we were headed over the weekend. Jeannine is great too! She was available for any questions or concerns and was very helpful showing us the room. We cannot wait to go back!

• Stayed March 2014
Northeast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

Gettysburg is a truly diverse place to visit. On one hand you have a living breathing history lesson like nothing you ever learned in school. Plus great places to eat, wonderful taverns to "wet your whistle" and even ghostly encounters.

One place to have a true piece of history for your very own is the Inn at Lincoln Square.

My husband and I stayed in the MARY JULIET DANNER SUITE March 19 -21, 2014. I won't tell all because that would spoil some of the surprises you will not find included in the brochure.

A home away from home, this beautifully furnished first floor apartment is cleaner than my own home. It's in the middle of everything. I sat one afternoon and just looked out the window at the changing scene in front of me.

The innkeeper, Jeannine, likes what she does and it is reflected in every nuance of the property. She will be there for you if you need her.

I don't always care for B&Bs. But this one made me fall in love.

Now... just make sure you don't book my suite on the days when I want to come back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Bedford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Two couples enjoyed the Inn at Lincoln Square for a step back in time. The Inn was perfect - one couple in the first floor room with a very cozy living room area with fireplace and small kitchen. We sat up until the wee hours loving the warmth of the fire. Another couple opted for the third floor but wished they had taken the second floor option

Quiet, clean, nice new bathrooms and very comfortable king beds. Well with the money and a great way to spend an historic Gettysburg weekend. Helpful suggestions regarding tour guide and eating options. We will be back.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Inn at Lincoln Square? Share your experiences!